A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 264
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 146704 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #440 on: January 20, 2014 11:51:29 AM »

Those snow people are too cute!!! I must make some for my kids and I.

Yesterday my Minecraft obsessed son turned 9 so I made him a Creeper shirt as one of his gifts.  This literally took 10 minutes to make and he was SO happy with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #441 on: January 20, 2014 12:13:46 PM »

lindy--you do the best stencilling...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #442 on: January 20, 2014 12:14:40 PM »

Ahh thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #443 on: January 20, 2014 01:45:20 PM »

nice work, Lindy!  Grin Super cute shirt, and yes, you rock the stenciling!  My Brandon wears the gremlins shirt you made him, all the time!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2014 09:15:32 PM »

I finished the entrelac scarf!  whoo hoo!  I'll try to get pictures posted tomorrow or Wednesday!  So happy to have another project done already!  Now I can get started on the commissioned shades of purple baby blanket!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #445 on: January 20, 2014 09:17:24 PM »

Just made a crockpot of spicy "get better" soup.
Baked 6 chicken thighs(8-10 would have been better but I would have had to dig in the freezer so yeah, 6 it was), skinned then then allowed the meat to cool in the fridge
I added the juices and liquid fat from the chicken to 3 medium thinly sliced onions and garlic in a fry pan and 1 cup of water and reduced it on medium for 40 mins, adding water as needed.
I poured 2 cans of chicken broth, 1 can of diced tomatoes and a small can of tomato sauce into the crockpot with a cup of water and a cup of medium salsa and the shredded chicken in to the crockpot.
After the onions reduced I poured them into the crock and cut up 3 more onions and added a few cups of the liquid from the soup and reduced them again (hey they are yummy and I don't have a deep pan)
This thickened the broth and I sprinkled it with cajun seasonings and finally added 2 cups of thinly sliced frozen green peppers and 1 cup of celery and simmered it 20 more minutes(what can I say? I can't pass up great sales and I have a big freezer) I added a tiny dash of curry powder and stirred it up
Finally I poured it all in the crockpot and mixed it up then ate a bowl full.
It is very thick, sort of spicy and full of stuff that is good for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
tryskal
« Reply #446 on: January 20, 2014 09:26:56 PM »

Grin Hey ya'll! I so want to do this again this year. Last year was a big bust. Ended up losing my job of 12 years. Took 4 months to find gainful employment. I kind of spiraled down into a pool of despair & depression. But I can happily say that things are looking much better these days. I have my application in for my former job. Just waiting to hear back from them. Until then I am continuing to learn how to live on 1/4 of what I used to make. If it wasn't for my family I would be homeless & dogless. I'll never be able to thank them enough.

This year I won't be making a list. I'll just report what I've made. Don't even think I'll be keeping count. The main thing I want to learn to do this year is uploading photos. I have a camera somewhere. Just have to find it. And then research!

Already completed a new crocheted satchel bag for my job. I'm a cashier and I can keep a little bag with my necessities in it.

Also completed a new skinny scarf for myself. Working on a hat to match. Also in the works are some crocheted produce bags to use when buying groceries.

I'm only up to page 9 so far. But you guys have been some busy bees!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Woman: hear me roar about crochet...cross-stitch...crafts...family!
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #447 on: January 20, 2014 09:40:20 PM »

Grin Hey ya'll! I so want to do this again this year. Last year was a big bust. Ended up losing my job of 12 years. Took 4 months to find gainful employment. I kind of spiraled down into a pool of despair & depression. But I can happily say that things are looking much better these days. I have my application in for my former job. Just waiting to hear back from them. Until then I am continuing to learn how to live on 1/4 of what I used to make. If it wasn't for my family I would be homeless & dogless. I'll never be able to thank them enough.

This year I won't be making a list. I'll just report what I've made. Don't even think I'll be keeping count. The main thing I want to learn to do this year is uploading photos. I have a camera somewhere. Just have to find it. And then research!

So sorry 2013 was such a hard year for you!  There have been plenty of times we needed help (in big ways!) and I know how hard it can be to ask for it and to receive it, regardless of how thankful you are for it.  I definitely hear you on the dogless part as well - I know it's been hard for my mom (who has had to help us) to know the money we've spent on them (our chiweenie has horrible allergies and we paid an arm and a leg for his testing and ongoing immunotherapy) but she's come to grips with the level of joy they bring to me.  Anyway, hopefully 2014 will bring new and positive growth for you (and for us all).   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2014 06:17:37 AM »

Welcome tryskal!  I swear if it were not for crafting and the crafting community, I would not have made it through 2013!  I am also on a more positive upward place...I thank my doctor for new and improved medications for depression and anxiety, my family and all of the moderators here...

Plus, seeing all of these projects is very uplifting!  Please post your pictures...you can't believe how great it feels to see them on display...it feels like you got something done and you have proof! ha ha ha

Trinalockary--it would be great if you could post pictures of your delicious sounding recipes...I am a very visual person and a non-cook...I have no idea if something I make is "right" unless I can see what it is suppose to look like! Grin  I do love spicy foods!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014 06:19:22 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #449 on: January 21, 2014 10:06:47 AM »

10.   Tunic Fail http://www.ravelry.com/projects/that1girl/tunic-dress, pattern
making a dress from just a crochet chart, good for doilies not so much for clothes. It turned out to small. i tried to do it many different ways to make it easier. sometimes you just have to give up. now im making a vest with the yarn.

11.   Fabric boxes
i used different parts of tutes 1 2

12.   Pacifier clip

saw this post , went on a crazy hunt for the supplies. couldn't find the right clips anywhere so i settled for these alligator clips from the jewelry section. Ribbon cost more then fabric, crazy so i just gave up on that part. I used the fabric and elastic i already had.

I used this pattern and just looked at this picture and figured it out.

I'm on vacation so im working on tons of crafts. a afghan, quilt, vest, baby pillow, socks

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 264 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Barbara Dee Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Jennifer Weiner Talks About Fly Away Home
Play Dead Book Trailer
Jennifer Weiner Talks About Best Friends Forever
Jenny Gardiner Talks About Winging it
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...