A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,045
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 377
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [CLOSED]50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 415365 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #420 on: January 18, 2014 09:55:00 AM »

So my list has making a scarf using the scarf loom I built...... but then a super awesome lady in my spinning and weaving guild kindly offered to let me borrow her table loom. I had a blast using it, so here is my woven scarf that was actually woven on a legit loom! This is my January challenge entry for new craft.

I made it a post over on the weaving board. There's lots more pics there, if anyone's interested:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014 09:55:55 AM by pollyprissypants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #421 on: January 18, 2014 10:23:32 AM »

Pollyprissypants, I love the colors of your scarf, and the fact that it is quite long, and how it looks warm but is not thick.

Naantje, good thing my two cats can't see how pampered your cat is. That's a fun and useful cat house you made!\

Lindyv321, the second strand on the necklace really makes it stand out more.

Bushbaby, your pouch is just perfect for the Valentine's day.
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Live Life Like You Want To!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #422 on: January 18, 2014 02:02:48 PM »

I also love the woven scarf...nice color blends...it almost looks like it was watercolored...beautiful job!

« Reply #423 on: January 18, 2014 06:45:00 PM »

Beautiful scarf pollyprissypants - the colours remind me of spring.

I made this necklace based on the washi tape bracelet in the current issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. I have a large stash of washi tape and it was the perfect excuse to use some of it.

I made the pendant last Sunday while watching the golden globes, but needed to wait until I could get to the craft store for the gold coloured jump rings and chain.

Can anyone recommend a coating for it? It's just washi tape on metal with some gold leaf pen on the edges, and I'm worried the tape will begin to lift.

While I was out I also picked up some supplies for a few other projects I have planned, so don't be surprised if I post again soon!

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

« Reply #424 on: January 18, 2014 08:00:22 PM »

Yay, I finally get to post something! All of my completed crafts so far before this have been for swap partners that haven't received them yet, so I can't post them. (Though let it be known that there has been 1 item, an ATC and a set of inchies completed).

But, today I made myself a calendar! I really needed one to help me organize timelines, and unbeknownst to me, my father got me off of the Audubon mailing list, so no more free labels and calendars.  Sad

It would take up too much room to post all of the calendar pages, but I used photos of Bar Harbor that a friend took - I went to school there, and I really miss it. I bound the edges with some yellow ribbon that I tore off some pj pants. Yay for de-stashing!

Oh, and the sticky notes are reminding me of projects to finish. There are many more below the edge of the picture.  Roll Eyes

On to the next task: finishing this F?@#!^& hat.

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
« Reply #425 on: January 18, 2014 09:25:48 PM »

I'm finally starting the doll house kit I bought 2 years ago!
I am also going to finish the projects I have cut out before I begin anymore, so this month

purple housecoat
pink housecoat
red hoody
camping quilt
cuddle luscious housecoat

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #426 on: January 19, 2014 01:24:28 AM »

I am halfway through this year's first commission, and today I got a dremal and a wood burner tool, so I am looking forward to making something fun with them as soon as I'm done with these dragons.

Does anyone have any suggestions for beginner projects?

♥ Susan

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: January 19, 2014 02:30:47 AM »

I got a new tool yesterday and I spent the afternoon using it to make something for a swap,my very first _________ and I won't be able to show it off for a while  Roll Eyes

love that woven scarf  Smiley

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #428 on: January 19, 2014 02:51:14 AM »

I haven't been able to do much because we finally had to knuckle down and get a roommate who is living in my now former art room. I am moving the last of my art stuff in the next few days, probably all on Sunday (today) though this cold is slowing me down.
The thing is I never even finished finding the rest of my art supplies that had gotten lost in the garage of doom.  Here are pictures from a year ago that show how long it has been messed up and these aren't as bad as it had gotten until just recently.

Before my grandma died she gave me all of the items in her sewing collection partly because I helped acquire most of it and we filled shelves with boxes of patterns (I was able to give a friend about 50 plus size, US26 and above, patterns) and tons of sewing stuff and nearly 170 pounds of material that I had no interest in as I had already the year before taken 70 pounds of my personal material from there to give her more space on top of the maybe 50 pounds I already had at my place.  So I gave another friend probably 155 pounds of material including $400 worth of Pendleton wool I am allergic too and kept a few large pieces of tricot for night clothes.
I have been sorting and sifting the garage to find my art supplies, store the stuff we had to take from the art room in a manner that makes it accessible and to provide the roommate with storage space that won't get mixed with the huge pile of yet to be sorted stuff.
Tonight I hauled in about 3/5 of the material i still have (what i could reach) and washed and dried 6 medium loads (on cold and on low, you can't over fill material loads as it will wrap around the agitator) of material, and sorted it as well as at least one large load's worth of individually bagged stuff that didn't need washing into 4 categories and boxed what I have done so far (yes I have a bunch more I will do tomorrow when I can get my husband to move stuff and reach the rest)....
#1. Craft material ... Random smaller pieces and a few large ones of very unique materials, bits and pieces and stuff for crafting things but not for fashion...some includes decor material like curtain panels.  This filled a huge cardboard box
#2. Fashion Material yardage: this is material that is more than a yard of unsewn material of all kinds that will be used for everything from skirts, to dress clothes to PJs. This mostly filled a 3 section mesh hamper.
#3.  Fashion Material to reclaim: dresses and skirts (mostly velvets) and a few other things I wore when I was much much bigger that I want to upcycle into clothing I can wear (these are from when I was twice as big as I am now so I need to take them apart and use the material because I won't be able to just take them in) many of them have been altered already or have special meanings to me and I want to use the material as opposed to donating them with the other 100+ pounds of clothing I gave away as I lost weight. This filled a large plastic bin
#4. Give away material ... Everything from small quilting pieces to large pieces in colors or textures I don't prefer, this includes a size 28 white silk and beading sleeveless dress that is extremely long and weighs nearly 10 pounds.  When I finish sorting I will be talking to a few of my friends that I haven't given stuff to yet. Again a full large bin.
I have done a few simple art journal/motivational quote pages and I am turning an old dress into a cloak but I have to hand sew it because it is a heavily glittered material that plays hell on my machine.
Pictures when I finish both the cloak and the garage.

My Blog http://trinaxxl.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2015 ... 1/50  (Individual items finished 2)
« Reply #429 on: January 19, 2014 06:05:09 AM »

Funny that you're doing this now: I too am cleaning out a similar mess! For me, it's our basement. Yesterday was the first anniversary of us living in our current place. Our basement still pretty much looked like it did when we moved in: heaps of long-term storage boxes, boxes of fabric (similar categories to yours), two disassembled guest beds, two semi-assembled chairs, garden equipment, a disassembled weathered garden bench I'm planning to sand down and repaint. Had been thrown in the mix since: stacks of disassembled wood shelves my mother eliminated from her house so we could use them, a couple of boxes of flea-market leftovers, the most amazing pedal car we're planning to refurbish (flea market find!), boards of wood from a craft, etc.

I've been organising the place since yesterday and made a lot of progress already: the guest beds are assembled (we'll need them now that we're replacing our futon with a regular couch) and night stands are provided, I've put up about half of the shelves (and discovered my mother didn't provide us with enough screws!) I'm sorting stuff as "keep", "gift", "donate", "discard" and I'm slowly making headway in the battle against the dust. It's an old basement though, and I suspect it's a typical case of too much sand in the mortar. I've got my dust mask on when I'm wielding the broom! I've got to go put my nose against the grindstone again now and try to clear away the rest of the mess! I'll be so happy when I've finally sorted that out! Smiley

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 377 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make Me Up: Taylor Swift Vogue Cover Makeup
VF NEWS: Nina Ricci Spring/Summer 2015 - Paris Fashion Week
VF NEWS: Vionnet Spring/Summer 2015 - Paris Fashion Week
5 Minutes to the Perfect New Year Look
5 Must-Have Winter Skin Care Products
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Spinach Feta Breakfast Quiche
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...