A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 263
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 144795 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2014 01:07:53 PM »

Bushbaby I'm going to count baking as long as it's a gift for someone else. Hence the picture of my vegan banana chocolate chip muffins below! (I made them for some friends we visited on New Year's Eve). Your scones look tasty.

I like that idea - the only baking I counted last year was the massive Christmas baking project, where I gave trays to the library and friends...  I pretty much bake something every week, for either the troupe get-togethers or D&D, so otherwise I'd be flooding the board with cookies... cupcakes... cakes... more cookies... hey, look, more cookies...  Cheesy  I like to bake...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coulsenl
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2014 02:00:54 PM »

One of my goals this year is to improve my cake/cookie decorating skills, so I will be counting those projects, as well as anything I make for potlucks/big elaborate (for me) meals. So I guess for me anything that takes a lot of effort. One of my hopes for this year is to master fondant, gum paste flowers, and different piping techniques. I feel that counts as art.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2014 02:54:39 PM »

For me, cooking is definitively a form of art, just one that you get to eat, so it doesn't last long.

I might count the recipes I invent, the ones I am really proud of, the especially delicious ones, the ones that use some ingredients I usually don't like but make me change my mind, and the huge cooking projects. Or I will totally forget to take pictures before eating all up like last year! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2014 03:36:45 PM »

Woop, I'm working on my first project of 2014 (a knit sweater for my goddaughter) and I've knit my very first buttonholes ever! Another knitting skill acquired! Craftster, it's all your doing Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2014 05:38:15 PM »

I've got two things finished- it sounds like more effort than it took. I threw my back out on my spinning wheel a couple of days ago (yes, that actually happens- that's what happens when you spin for 11 hours straight! Wink) so I don't have anything else to do right now.

First of all, I made a very primitive scarf loom.

The pick is how I play with the yarn's arrangement as I'm weaving. It stretches almost the length of my craft room (please ignore the busted furniture on which it currently resides):

I also started and completed today an easy cuffed cape:

It took me Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1 and 2, Silver Linings Playbook, and one episode of Oddities to get it done. It was a very easy pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sera unravled
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2014 05:58:19 PM »

My first project is done.
I made a chicken, bacon ranch casserole
The recipe is herehttp://www.plainchicken.com/2013/10/cracked-out-chicken-noodle-casserole.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2014 06:18:03 PM »

Wow...it is only January 1st and so many posts. If only I could get my projects done so fast. And I am already behind due to a cold that has kept me on my Kleenex strewn couch for 4 days.

In no particular order:

Big projects
1. Move tall shelf in Craftroom....requires base board removal, and serious reorganizing of all the stuff on those shelves -- done
2. Find room for the additional donated craft stuff from the closet clean out at church.. -- done
3. Finish re-purposed drawer/new display shelf -- done http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=432464.msg5178176#msg5178176

3a. Hooks for craft items. It's on the end of the moved set of shelves. done. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=432332.msg5175621#msg5175621
4. Knock down ugly closet in guest room --> done!

5. Refinish floor in guest room --done
6. Paint guest room -- done http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=432543.msg5179919#msg5179919
6a. Paint and reseat chairs http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=432638.msg5181774#msg5181774

7. Paint dining room
8. Replace failing sewing machine...old faithful is 42 years old and needs to retire. Slipping gears.--> done!

9. Repair old machine for projects that don't involve fabric (paper, tarps, etc. ) --> done

Crafty projects:
1. One dozen fingerless mittens for end of year craft fair --> have 2 pairs done..I have to quit giving them away! 1/28/14 I have 4 done!
2. 4 dozen or more crocheted cat toys for end of year craft fair
3. 2 dozen Christmas ornaments...new design for end of year craft fair
4. Art journal books --> I have made about 4 so far, haven't found the perfect book yet. But I am having fun!
5. Start fine art collage series.
6. Make a permanent gelli plate and start printing
7. Wood house ornaments. I'm thinking of doing a 4 season set or two, not just winter holiday.
8. I have a box of small wood blocks, most are cubes, but not all. I want to make cool little ornaments, maybe based on old wood toys.
9. More paper mache items, light bulb hot air balloons
10. More paper mache items, piggy banks. I have a stash of cheap clear blue plastic piggy banks from a promotion. I want to paper mache them then decorate in various ways. Hopefully a swap will come up that I can use the piggy for and decorate in that theme.

Sewing projects
1. Summer shirts from recycled shirts
2. New wrap skirt from recycled clothing
3. Sleep shorts for my daughter
4. More art dolls http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426878.msg5085604#msg5085604
5. More creepy cute monsters http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428559.msg5115051#msg5115051
6. More art critter dolls http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429238.0#axzz2rhnvzj7h

Hmmm will have to keep thinking.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014 07:01:03 PM by cmarion3 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's Always
Monsters and Art Dolls
Art Journaling and Fabric Art Journaling
Mixed Media Madwoman
50 Projects in 2014
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2014 07:13:44 PM »

I spent the day working on patchwork curtains for on the way daughter, I finished all the cutting and most of the sewing today, need to sew a few of the big parts together and then the backing on it tomorrow. I am slow at the sewing machine to begin with, but this big old belly is getting in the way, and oh man, crawling around on the floor to organize the patches was something else, or else I think I might have actually done the whole thing today!
So cool to see some people have finished projects already this year!
SilverMoon- I love the toy hammock! I tried to make one last year for my daughters room, but could not get the sizing right to save my life!
Pollyprissypants- Wow! That is amazing to start and finish a cuffed cape! Ive been saying Im going to make myself something like that for years, but havent gotten around to it yet!
You guys are all making me hungry with the yummy food pics and talk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2014 12:16:26 AM »

That casserole looks delicious. I seriously hate recipes with Ranch Dressing Mix in them though. Because I know they will be incredible, and because we can't get Ranch mix here. There are a few bottled Ranch salad dressings in the supermarkets (as in, 2) but they taste nothing like real American ranch, and the powder is a distant fantasy. I've a friend in the USA how sent me some in packages she sent me (she's my secret USA address when companies won't ship to Australia) but it's not a high or frequent supply.

I am almost halfway through my second Doctor Who scarf. I don't know why I thought I'd be any quicker knitting one the second time around  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2014 12:42:29 AM »

I have been out of the loop for a while and want to get back to my yearly crafting list. I might have to consider some of the great stuff on all these lists also.  
    I realized it helped me to finish things that I wanted to complete, and when I don't have an active list I kind of forgot to do those things when something came up to distract me. Here is my list:

2014 50 Crafting Projects.
  • Finish tshirt quilt for husband. (WIP)
  • Organize, coordinate my (ever growing) yarn stash.
  • Donate projects made or crochet for charity.
  • Fingerless gloves for nephew.
  • Finish slippers for grandmother.
  • Finish crochet steering wheel cover for my dads truck.
  • Crochet tshirt rug for my pups.
  • Sew new doggie bed with jean scraps.
  • Offer at least 5 items on my etsy shop.
  • Crochet baby cardigans for 2 nieces and nephews.
~.*
  • Learn to Tunisian crochet and use in a new project.
  • Crochet my self a cardigan before next winter.
  • Build, paint and mount a chalkboard for my niece and nephew.
  • Put together a photo scrapbook, or two.
  • Organize my photos.
  • Learn new knitting pattern, or knit a stuffed animal.
  • Make mosaic stepping stone.
  • Organize Craft closet.
  • Crochet cargo netting for my car.
  • Start my own garden.
~.*
  • Bake more breads, pastries, ect.
  • Make more jewelery. Anything, really.*
  • I want to secretly stalk family/friends on pinterest, and make them things on there to surprise them with homemade gifts!
  • Start another tshirt quilt (after I've finished the other).
  • Plant and grow my own mini pumpkin patch
  • Attempt to crochet a hammock... again.
  • Build a standing dog house with my bare hands.
  • Sew a boxspring cover for my mattress.
  • Make my own paper.
  • Crochet hats.*
~.*
  • Repurpose an office chair.
  • Try new recipes for sweet treats, like this
  • Finish my grandmothers crochet/knitting projects, in their memory.
  • Try my hand at The Skull Shall.
  • Make lavender sachets for drawers.
  • Practice polymer clay techniques.
  • Make some scented soaps for family.
  • Sew adorable things for my nieces and nephews.
  • Dye wool yarn for a personal project for my self.

Still updating...
* Would still like to continue this one.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014 11:19:06 AM by v3nu5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 263 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Big Prints in Photoshop
Photoshop tutorial
How to Removing Objects in Photoshop
How to Create Fairy Portraits in Photoshop
How to Create business cards
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...