A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 263
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 144582 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elyxandra
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2013 06:44:53 PM »

WIP
1)Minecraft quilt
2)Wreck it Ralph quilt
3) Companion Cube Mini Quilt
4) Animal Crossing x-stitch

I can't wait to see what you have in mind for a Wreck it Ralph quilt! It's one of my favourite movies Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2013 09:38:30 PM »

Before I begin any projects, I want to get my craft room cleaned and organized.  It looks like a craft bomb went off in there at the moment - pictures later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2013 10:51:23 PM »

Well 2014 hasnt started yet and I've had to update my list  Grin Managed to get 2 WIPs & 1 ongoing project completed yesterday!

Think my craft stuff needs a sort too. When I was looking through my yarn boxes yesterday I realised there is some stuff in there I will never use. Time to donate it I think Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blottedcopybook
Broke it. What can I use it for?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2013 03:21:23 AM »

OK I am totally in. My list so far:

1. Back, bind & quilt N's quilt top
2. Make a yarn bowl for myself
3. Try a sgraffito project
4. Either use or sell the Gocco printer
5. Make pyjamas for F, E and G
6. Wedding favour order
7. Try cold process soap
8. Candles with colour
9. Carve the stamps I designed like two years ago

That's all I've got so far, I'll keep adding Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2013 05:47:59 AM »

Finished Cleaning the "seen" part of my craft room yesterday, now I need to tackle the closets .... that my friends is where the true mosters live  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Once I finish that, I will be able to see what materials I bought for projects and add them to my list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2013 06:05:03 AM »

WELCOME new craftalongers!!!

I have a deep fear of running out of things to make...then i see everyone's list and breathe a sigh of relief...Grin

dreadlocklove--I think my knitting machine is from the 1970's or maybe 80's?  It was sent to me by an previous moderator friend from Nebraska!!  The projects are severely dated, but I think if I can change the colors on some of them, they will work...but I am going to find some newer patterns as well...thanks for giving me the motivation to drag that thing out and set it up...right after I do some cleaning as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2013 06:58:56 AM »

Oh,I have ribber envy,not that I do much with my knitting machine although I did make a scarf on it last month  Grin I have a Knitmaster 700K, youtube has been invaluable for refreshing my memory on how to use it.

Yay, a machine knitter!  Hello!  =)

Now that I'm following a manual, I'm almost done learning all the parts and setting up.  I don't know why I let intimidation get in the way of trying this before.  It's going to be so fun!  

Kookaloo, do you know of any good websites for patterns by chance?  Whether free or for sale?  The books that came with the machine seem a bit dated...  

I'm afraid that I don't at the moment but intend to track some down this year  Smiley My machine has a gizmo called a "knit radar" which means that theoretically I can draw out a garment shape and knit it without a pattern but I can't remember how to do it  Roll Eyes I have ready drawn patterns for it too which are mostly "classic" styles,v-neck,raglan sleeve sweater & suchlike. I'm going to make my hubby a sweater as soon as I can get a couple of cones of 4ply(erm,fingering weight possibly to the non-English  Wink ) I have punchcards to do fair aisle type stuff just need the yarns and the confidence to have a go  Smiley
My machine is a standard gauge one which knits up thinner yarns & I have to knit mock ribs as I haven't got a ribber or the patience to drop stitches and rework them by hand to make the ribbing.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013 07:01:35 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
dreadlocklove
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2013 07:11:50 AM »

dreadlocklove--I think my knitting machine is from the 1970's or maybe 80's?  It was sent to me by an previous moderator friend from Nebraska!!  The projects are severely dated, but I think if I can change the colors on some of them, they will work...but I am going to find some newer patterns as well...thanks for giving me the motivation to drag that thing out and set it up...right after I do some cleaning as well!

Mine is definitely old too.  The manual was printed in 1984 and I can't seem to find too many YouTube tutorials...  It makes me feel so happy that I now have some sort of a connection to other machine knitters.  I had no idea that these kinds of crafters even existed these days!

How did setup go?  Did you get to trying it!?  Right before I finished putting it all together yesterday, we left for my nephew's birthday party.  While there, I had the thought, "Maybe I shouldn't have ordered that spinning wheel.  The knitting machine is going to keep me busy enough.  At least I'll have something to do while I wait for the wheel to be shipped (about 2 weeks)."  After putting the kids down for bed, my intent was to be a cheater and get a few dishcloths done.  WELL, things were not working out at all!  The yarn wasn't weaving properly, skipping some of the needles.  Etc, etc.  After taking everything apart to clean and oil, I assumed it was my technique, the way the yarn was been thread into the feeder.  So I tried different ways of doing that.  Then I had the thought, "Maybe I will sell this thing to someone who knows how to use it!"  But THEN, I did a Google search to troubleshoot and learnt about a little something call the sponge bar...  And sure enough, mine was flat!  SO, I had to order one online (I'm reading mixed reviews about DIY ones so I'm not even going to try) and will not have to patiently wait for it to come in too.  So, my recommendation is that you check your machine's sponge bar to make sure it's still good to go!  

Fortunately, I have undyed rovings and Kool-Aid packets that I can work with.  And I may have already experimented with that yesterday afternoon...

(Hey, it's almost 2014 somewhere in the world.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013 07:12:49 AM by dreadlocklove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
dreadlocklove
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2013 07:24:10 AM »

I'm afraid that I don't at the moment but intend to track some down this year  Smiley My machine has a gizmo called a "knit radar" which means that theoretically I can draw out a garment shape and knit it without a pattern but I can't remember how to do it  Roll Eyes I have ready drawn patterns for it too which are mostly "classic" styles,v-neck,raglan sleeve sweater & suchlike. I'm going to make my hubby a sweater as soon as I can get a couple of cones of 4ply(erm,fingering weight possibly to the non-English  Wink ) I have punchcards to do fair aisle type stuff just need the yarns and the confidence to have a go  Smiley
My machine is a standard gauge one which knits up thinner yarns & I have to knit mock ribs as I haven't got a ribber or the patience to drop stitches and rework them by hand to make the ribbing.

Whhaaaaatt!?  That is so cool!  So high-tech!  Man, we should start a machine knitters swap or something.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013 07:25:05 AM by dreadlocklove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2013 08:28:47 AM »

I would love to knit large flat panels to turn into free form sweaters...I love to knit but I get so bored doing miles of stockinette...how about if we move our discussions to the knitting boards so we don't overtake this board with our new obsession? Grin

I found this old post!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=169902.msg1742649#msg1742649
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013 08:32:33 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 263 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Monday Makeover - Singer Kilo Kish
Get Your Hair Looking Beautiful
How To Do Halloween Hair
The Monday Makeover - The Braided Updo Tutorial
Straight Hair Without a Flat Iron
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...