A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,045
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 256
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 138699 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yoopidou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #800 on: February 13, 2014 11:27:40 PM »

I read all your posts and I was thinking" Wow, these ladies have an incredible amount of stuff." Then, a thought slowly managed to make its way in my mind." You have quite a lot too!" Ah, yes, just not the same things as you. I just got a wood burning tool and some wood carving knives this Christmas, not used yet. Previous Christmases, me or my husband(which is kind of the same) got a scroll saw, a mini lathe, a dremel, an oxygen torch and a kiln to make glass beads, a sewing machine, all used a lot although I haven't done any glass stuff in a long while. That's the advantage of being older, year after year, you are able to afford more or better stuff.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: February 13, 2014 11:45:09 PM »

Didn't even think about my Dremel or my Shrinky Dink oven. They're out in the garage somewhere, so they're easy to forget. Roll Eyes I'd love to try glass work especially stained glass, but too expensive for something I might not stick with. My mom had several kilns for her ceramics projects, but when she died I didn't want to ship them 600 miles to get one here. Then I have a cousin who has offered me our grandmother's weaving loom. Really want it, but goodness only knows where I'd put it! I think we all need two homes; one to live in and one to turn into a studio/craft warehouse to craft in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
102/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Crafted Notecards Swap 3 - sent
Quilt Block Swap 6 - sewing
Mini 12 Days of Christmas- stalking my partner
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #802 on: February 14, 2014 02:17:52 AM »

here you go  FreakieGeekie  Grin  http://sewlikemymom.com/mens-bow-tie-tutorial/
the link to the pattern pieces is about halfway down the post.

Thank you!  Kiss

All these people with such nice doorstoppers!  Grin I don't think I have any tools I haven't used Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #803 on: February 14, 2014 02:25:50 AM »

The only tools I have that I dont really use are my dremel (becasue other than the drill bits I have no idea what all the other little bits are for!) and my new hot glue gun (which I got this xmas and havent really found a project for yet - plus Im a little scared of it... too many horror stories on Craftster about 3rd degree burns etc!)

Other than that I now have 2 sewing machines - both fairly standard machines. one is away for servicing now so I am using the other, simpler one, to finish up my HUGE patchwork/quilt project with I am determined to finish in the next 2 months.

The quilt is why I havent posted recently - any spare craft time I have had has been spent trying to get the quilt top pulled together. I spent 8 hours last sat and am nearly there, I just have the 2 small sections, 4 large sections and the border sections all to sash together. Here's all the sections waiting to be sashed together:

Hoping to get this done on Sunday - I have the whole day to craft for a change  Grin
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014 06:10:48 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: fix pic and typos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #804 on: February 14, 2014 03:15:55 AM »

I forgot about my hot glue gun. I have two of those. I'm also too scared to use them! Grin

And I have a glass etching kit. Or is it a glass cutting kit?

And yeah, I got a dremel when I got my wood burner - those two aren't too bad, because they came from an Xmas gift card.

I think I have to christen those two, and maybe the glass thing for this new challenge.

Best challenge yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #805 on: February 14, 2014 05:57:08 AM »

Just as an added note...  Doorstops don't have to be big or expensive.  Pencils, colored pencils, pastels, sketch books, paper, yarn, glue guns, glue bottles, scissors, paint brushes, needles, stamp pads and craft books and magazines all count if you haven't used them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #806 on: February 14, 2014 06:03:12 AM »

Ooh, love the idea for the craft challenge!  Thanks Wagonswest for motivating us!!  Smiley  I really do want to use my embroidery machine.  There are so many fabulous things I'd love to stitch up.

Yay!  Thanks kbrison!  If you build it we will come!  LOL.  Smiley  One of these days I'll move back home and then you guys can come stay with me too....maybe I'll get a spot by Yoopidou, though I was thinking of living in Waikiki.  Smiley

Oh, and I made this cowl and a tiny heart pendant for Lana's V-day.

Happy Valentine's day and happy crafting all!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #807 on: February 14, 2014 06:07:58 AM »

Ok--since the February/March challenge is still going, I will add this challenge to use supplies and tools that you have not used in a very very long time or never...things collecting dust...I like the idea of donating one of the items as a prize...maybe a separate sub challenge ...let me think about it over the weekend...I would love to get rid of the buttonmaker and the dremel I have...and even the knitting machine...and the food preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'dehydrator...and...the') extra mix master....my George foreman grill...ha ha...this thread is turning into a mini freecycle or Craiglist thing!

bushbaby---that is one of the most beautiful quilts...it is gorgeous!!!

utm--you are rocking the knitting!  I love the cowl...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
cursive_queen
« Reply #808 on: February 14, 2014 07:06:47 AM »

I would kill for the button maker - Hubby, my sister and my stepdaughter all did an artist table at a convention here and talked about how they would like to have pins to sell.

I don't have a ton of unused tools, but I do need to sort through and either use or destash some supplies
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #809 on: February 14, 2014 08:37:50 AM »

No joke - button maker is absolutely awesome!

Of course, I'd have to think very hard about what I have that I haven't used lately...I don't really have almost anything.  Except my sewing machine, of course, but that b*tch is abusive and I just don't know if I can take that step towards reconciliation.

Though I suppose for a button maker I could try... Roll Eyes

Who is afraid of a hot glue gun?!  I glue a lot.  And I've been burned a couple of times but nothing bad and it's always my fault - that's one of those things that really should be done at a table, I suppose, but I craft almost exclusively on the couch or bed  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.alwaysbeenastorm.com')
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 256 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lynda Obst on Pre-Awareness and Sequels
Oscar Hijuelos Dead At 62
Author and Activist Cornel West on the Best Advice He Ever Got
Novelist Jonathan Franzen on the Best Advice He Ever Got
Author Junot Diaz on the Best Advice He Ever Got
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...