A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,022
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 377
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [CLOSED]50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 323218 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #790 on: February 13, 2014 06:13:35 PM »

Thanks kbrison.  Smiley  I love my little niece to bits!  Smiley  I don't think your Cricut can cut felt, though the new one (Explore) is supposed to.  I'm going to wait and see how much people like/dislike it before getting one.  My sis had a Cameo so I'm waiting for her to figure out to use it.  Smiley

Haha!  Can I come over to your place too?  I wanna look at all of your stamps!  I like to collect stuff as well, including an embroidery machine that I haven't even tried to turn on yet.  Luckdragon inspired me to finally try my Yudu after I'd had it for 4 years and now I LOVE it. I'm in the process of screening more tees for people at work and once that's done I have 2 tees that I absolutely need to make.  And I have been doing more papercrafting recently.  LOL.  So there is hope for me to one day get to everything I have planned. I really want to get that embroidery machine running at some point.  I've been collecting Urban Thread designs like crazy and would love to finally stitch up something.

The same here I got my embroidery machine  for Christmas a year ago, have stocked up on patterns from Urban Threads about 200.00 worth of patterns just sitting there never used and the machine.  I just bought a Go Baby Go last weekend and did manage to take it out of the box and cut a few things.  I have a cricut I use on occasions, a brand new embossing machine that I have never used along with about 200 stamps most never used, 2 sewing machines, a serger never used,  same book binder mentioned above also brand new, a quilling kit and tons of precut paper unopened and then there's all the scrapbook paper, fabric beading, supplies,buttons a band sew, just bought a table saw to cut birch limbs for my Christmas tag partner,  I also have a bias cutter new unopened, resin supplies never used either, pasta machine and all the oven bake goodies, I am hoarding now for when I can retire is what I keep telling myself!!!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #791 on: February 13, 2014 06:25:35 PM »

lol that is what I am going to do...save all the stuff for retirement!

I think those of us who are using our embroidery machines as door stops need to challenge each other to do at least one machine embroidery in March!!!  Who is up for it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #792 on: February 13, 2014 06:37:22 PM »

I think those of us who are using our embroidery machines as door stops need to challenge each other to do at least one machine embroidery in March!!!  Who is up for it?

Great idea.  We should probably start a discussion over in machine embroidery. I will do what I can to hold your hands and help you along.  You can't let those UT designs go to waste!!! 

Besides, it sounds like you doorstoppers won't have any trouble finding something else to stop the door!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
texscrapper
« Reply #793 on: February 13, 2014 07:47:02 PM »

I just think I get excited to try new things and just don't have enough time for them...

UMMMM I'm guilty of this too..... Here's my list of tools that I HAD to have - some I use, some are used as doorstops ....
sewing machine, serger, 2 embroidery only machines, snap press, Pazzles creative cutter, book binding machine that collects dust, professional button maker that never gets used, 4 Xyron machines of various size, 6 paper cutters - all various shapes and sizes, over 60 various shapes of Wilton baking cake pans, 30 molds for crayon making, leather burning tool, embossing tool, 3 hot fix tools, over 100 stamp sets that sit unused, and there's probably more but I can't think of all of it right now .....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.
pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 13, 2014 07:53:08 PM »

Ok, for all you people who have equipment that is still sitting in the box, I have been reading along with this thread for awhile and i agree with Wagonswest.  It's time to dust off the the doorstoppers and get going.  I would love a bookbinder or a new set of carving tools, or any of the other long list of items that you all have.  I'm hoping to see some new awesome craftiness here in the next few weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects-shooting for 100--- 62 done
waggonswest

« Reply #795 on: February 13, 2014 08:05:04 PM »

Ok, for all you people who have equipment that is still sitting in the box, I have been reading along with this thread for awhile and i agree with Wagonswest.  It's time to dust off the the doorstoppers and get going.  I would love a bookbinder or a new set of carving tools, or any of the other long list of items that you all have.  I'm hoping to see some new awesome craftiness here in the next few weeks.

Hear! Hear! 

Always... I will donate a suitable prize for a challenge wherein craftsters have to make something using a tool (or supply) that hasn't been used (ever or for a really long time). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

25/12,  14/13
4/14
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #796 on: February 13, 2014 08:37:27 PM »

Hear! Hear! 

Always... I will donate a suitable prize for a challenge wherein craftsters have to make something using a tool (or supply) that hasn't been used (ever or for a really long time). 

Will the prize be somebody's doorstop/embroidery machine?  Roll Eyes  *wistful sigh*  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #797 on: February 13, 2014 08:39:41 PM »

Hear! Hear! 

Will the prize be somebody's doorstop/embroidery machine?  Roll Eyes  *wistful sigh*  Wink

Sorry,  My machine isn't a door stop.  Just ask Mike the repair guy who always comments on the insane number of stitches I have.  Now if some one else has a doorstop to donate that would be a different matter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

25/12,  14/13
4/14
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #798 on: February 13, 2014 08:46:28 PM »

Had to attend a meeting this evening and came back to three pages of reactions. Lindy, Rockmygypsysoul, UTM, Waggons, Yoopi, and SilverMoon, sounds like I need to build a VERY large guest house, but you all would be very, very welcome to come play with me in my craft room. And Lindy, you need to bring your kids. I adore kids who like reading. And Lana would have to come, too, UTM! My maternal grandfather was born in STL and my siblings live in central Illinois, so I've spent a lot of time in the STL area, Waggons. Not too bad a drive to my house from there.Yoopi, I'd love to come to Oahu. My eldest daughter was there when she was 12 (GS trip), but the closest I got was being an alternate sponsor for the trip. Of course none of the other adults had to withdraw. Shucks! And Australia is on my bucket list, Silver. When my younger daughter was in middle school, our GS troop began planning a final trip for the year they graduated from high school. The girls narrowed it down to Europe or Australia. Harry Potter was the deciding factor; Diagon Alley it was. (We did get to see the Queen though at the final London performance of My Fair Lady.)

lol that is what I am going to do...save all the stuff for retirement!

I think I'm going to make my retirement official in April, so maybe I'll be able to do more crafting then. And I'd be in for the challenge. I really do need to use my embroidery machine.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
83/50 in 2015, 185/14, 47/13
Setting the Miniature Scene - plotting
Pendant Swap, Rd 6 - experimenting
Stash Swap
Quilt Block Swap, Rd 7 - cutting pixels
J_Kieviet
« Reply #799 on: February 13, 2014 10:59:16 PM »

Here's my list of tools:)

1)Sewing machine - Christmas 2011 gift Smiley Used ALMOST daily
2)Cricut machine - Christmas 2009 gift - haven't used since the summer, kind of got bored after 600 event invitations
3)Serger - Christmas 2013 gift Smiley Used ALMOST daily
4)Knitting loom set - not used since 2011 when my sil and I went a little nuts with it before taking up crochet
5)crochet hooks - complete set
6)wood burner - missing in a box somewhere
7)crayon maker - never used
8)Shrinky dink maker - never used
9)I had a blender but my nieces and I killed it at Christmas making paper bowls and tags
10)Knitting pal

So I guess I'll be dusting off the crayon maker, shrink dink maker, and the knitting pal within the next 6 weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 377 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Pregnancy Series by Suprina
Control Freak Sculpture by Suprina
Artist Profile: Suprina
Angry Guru Sculpture by Suprina
Condiments Sculpture by Robin Antar
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...