A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,755
Currently Running With Scissors:
808 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 308
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 180318 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JillHogan
Jill

I don't throw things away.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #590 on: January 30, 2014 07:03:32 AM »

I made some things for alwaysinmyroom in the ows swap, and she received.

First, some cards and envelopes, inspired by this craftster post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334398.0#axzz2kBPkJkIm

These were so fun and I can get free expired calendars so I can't wait to make more.

Always likes insects so a "be my love bug" bug jar:

And a Valentines Day yarn/felt wreath:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.60#axzz2oulo2ajK

My pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/jill_hogan/

I love swapping altered puzzle pieces.  PM me!
QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #591 on: January 30, 2014 07:15:40 AM »

Well I am at exactly 0 crafts done this year  Roll Eyes  Had absolutely no crafty mojo. But I have started crafting for the Box of Sunshine swap and it's really helping me out of my funk.  Smiley  I have today off and I'm going to be dying my hair so I can't leave the house all day so I plan on getting a lot done today. ( Due to a sudden allergic reaction to hair dye and a trip to the ER I now have to use Henna and Indigo to dye my hair, it takes 6 hours!  Tongue  )

ActsofCraftiness, thanks for posting the link for those blocks! They will make the perfect gift for my nephew's birthday! Did you use Modpodge to seal? I've had bad experiences with it staying just tacky enough to stick to other pieces that have been sealed with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #592 on: January 30, 2014 07:19:34 AM »

Thanks for posting those wonderful pictures!  They are way better than mine, but this weekend, I am decorating for Valentines, so I will get an action shot!

I loved the notecards...impressed that they were made with calendars!  I sort of wish now that I did not recycle my old calendars... Sad...what kind of glue do you use for the envelopes?  Did you use a template or just take apart an old envelope?  I use tons of notecards in swaps, but I will keep a few of my favorites!

And, I am so glad I got to see your silver texture paint up close...that grasshopper bug jar is wonderful!!  I have a collection of bug whimsies that I am going to put in there...thanks, Jill, for making me a recipient of some of your 50 projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JillHogan
Jill

I don't throw things away.

« Reply #593 on: January 30, 2014 08:20:48 AM »

I loved the notecards...impressed that they were made with calendars!  I sort of wish now that I did not recycle my old calendars... Sad...what kind of glue do you use for the envelopes?  Did you use a template or just take apart an old envelope?  I use tons of notecards in swaps, but I will keep a few of my favorites!

I took apart an old envelope as a template.  I got a little lazy in my cutting, so some weren't perfect, but I think of that as character Wink 

I wanted to sit on my recliner while making them, so I stayed away from glue-glue.  I used glue dots on a roll, like from the paper aisle at a craft store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.60#axzz2oulo2ajK

My pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/jill_hogan/

I love swapping altered puzzle pieces.  PM me!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #594 on: January 30, 2014 10:11:42 AM »

That is a great idea!  I mostly put them in swap packages so it is not like they are going to fall apart while in transit or anything!  Thanks for that tip!  I have lots of glue dots!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: January 30, 2014 10:37:20 AM »

You all are making such wonderful projects, and I wish I could comment on each one, but for now the 50 projects board is a spectator sport for me.

I had three surgeries on January 7 on my right arm.  While the surgeries were successful, the recovery is much slower than we had expected, so I am not able to do my crafting, and one-handed typing is difficult.

So, I will be watching from the sidelines and loving all that you do.  And when my recovery is sufficient that I can make the effort again, I will return. 

This has been a difficult decision, and I have discussed it with the moderator, and this is what we came up with.

Happy crafting, Yall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #596 on: January 30, 2014 10:43:30 AM »

Hi Pinokeeo!  Hope your arm gets better soon!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #597 on: January 30, 2014 10:57:44 AM »

We will miss your wonderful crafts, but you need to rest and heal, pinokeeo!  Cheer us on from the sidelines!  There certainly have been some wonderful projects and ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #598 on: January 30, 2014 11:01:57 AM »

JillHogan, the forks are a fun and creative idea. The cards from calendars are beautiful, and the bug jar would be fun for someone who loves bug. The centipedes in the garden are already a bit too much for me as I am quite scared of their bite, especially the beautiful blue ones.

The scarves are great: Your sister's one is elegant but my favorite is Lana's one. It's a fun scarf. Will you make her a sharpener hat to go with it? or maybe notebook mittens?

Pinokeeo, rest your arm well so you can show us more incredible wood crafts later. I hope it is not too painful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Renstar
« Reply #599 on: January 30, 2014 11:11:48 AM »

I was supposed to be starting a sweater for me but I don't have the right size needles for it.
What size needles do you need? I could look through mine. I have tons of duplicates.

Oh bless you! I need a 4.5mm and a 4mm circular but it's no big deal to wait for payday,I won't have finished the sweater I've cast on for hubby for a while

I have spares in both sizes, but only as straight needles, not circular.  If they are of any use, let me know and I can send.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 308 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Old-Fashioned Corn Muffins
Rosemary Creme Brulee Recipe
How to Make Chocolate Spread
How to Say "I Love You" With Conversation Heart Cakes
How to Make Square Pear-Cream Tarts
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...