A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 365
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 227904 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1730 on: June 11, 2014 08:49:44 AM »

lol since I don't plan on washing it, I figured glue and paint will be just fine on this piece...

I don't know how we ever survived without that darn glue! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #1731 on: June 11, 2014 10:15:06 AM »

I love the design on the blankets too!  The different sized squares are really neat and you can do a lot with different colors.

Love the stinchies!  I may have to go and check that thread out.  Need to go buy some hoops though cause my dang dog chewed up my last one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #1732 on: June 11, 2014 01:29:35 PM »

I guess 2014 will go on record as the year I picked up wire-wrapping... So far, more than half of my projects this year have been wire wrapping projects!

For this month's craft challenge, I made a pair of tiny tree of life earrings, to match my pendant. (1cm diameter)

And I've made three more pendants to gift to my female teachers from the past semester.

Up to 16 projects! So not quite halfway to 50 yet, but to be honest... At the start of this year, I didn't think I'd get there anyway...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1733 on: June 11, 2014 01:40:40 PM »

Lovely set and makes wonderful gifts!  I know making those are very time-consuming, so you are doing great!

That color really brings out your lovely eyes as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #1734 on: June 11, 2014 05:58:24 PM »

I so want to start the stitching inchies craft-a-long, but...  my to-do list is already so long!  I might have to, I just went through the whole thread and am feeling pretty inspired...

Sorry for the dump and run, but here's a bunch of projects I've been up to!

Two Lifebook lessons... they were both about being a little more free and easy with your art!  So free and easy, in fact, both are painted over the original paintings that I HATED.  I'm okay with these, not great, but okay and I am SO BEHIND.  I still have 5-6 lessons from Lifebook 2012 I haven't done...

Dreamcatchers!  I was practicing because I kinda wanted to do the dreamcatcher swap, but time (and other swaps) got away from me and I decided I wasn't that good at them, anyway (though maybe it would help if I'd tried something bigger, the maroon and green ones are 1" and the recycled one is only about 3"?)

(he's in the challenge for this month, I hope it's okay to post him here!)

My Pi costume for the bellydancer picnic.  I danced to "Lose Yourself (In the Digits)" by Pi Diddy (yes, a parody of Eminem) and I can now recite 63 digits of Pi.  Wheeee!  The stuffed Pi was a prop, I made and stenciled the apron and skirt, and a stenciled and quilted about 20 Pi Mug Rugs to give out at the dance.

Action Shot!

And, the stenciling... I had hoped to use a friend's Cricut machine to cut out the numbers, but the freezer paper wouldn't stay stuck to the mat, so... all hand-cut numbers...

A Steampunk needlebook I made for a friend's birthday...

And two dishcloths that have been languishing, barely started, for the better part of five years...

Whew, that's all for now, I have swap packages in transit and almost done, so hopefully I'll keep up better here for a bit...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi
« Reply #1735 on: June 12, 2014 07:40:20 AM »

That's quite a lot!  I luv the Pi stuff -- and good on you for memorizing 63 digits -- wow!  I know 2....

Fantasticmio - beautiful blankets.  What a tremendous amount of work for charity!  I'm sure the generosity comes thru to the recipient, and keeps them even a little warmer.

What lovely earrings and pendant, Naantje.  I love those amber tones -- is the wrapped wire hard to do?  Might have to consider that as a way to use up some great glass beads lying around!

And I love the stinchies, Always.  Yet another project I may need to consider....

Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jfer007
« Reply #1736 on: June 12, 2014 08:17:29 AM »

Everyone's crafts look wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #1737 on: June 12, 2014 08:30:53 AM »

Wrapping those trees isn't all that hard really, mainly fidgety, and sometimes the wire will break as you're manipulating it, but it's rather easy to pick up. Here's a great tutorial, only they leave things a bit too straight for my taste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1738 on: June 12, 2014 09:06:51 AM »

I think it is fascinating to see the steps in wire wrapping!  I think I will leave that craft to others, since I have received such lovely pieces in swaps! I do not need another hobby! Grin

What fun PI projects!

I also love the dishcloths..do you have a pattern link for the cream one?  I love the texture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #1739 on: June 12, 2014 09:14:09 AM »

It's from a book/pamphlet called "Nifty Knit Dishcloths".  I don't even remember where/when I got it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 365 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Sound Off: Blake Lively, Nicole Richie, and Victoria Beckham
Gown Trends For Upcoming 2013 Award Show Season
Chic on the Cheap: How to Dress Like a Fashion Editor
Can You Wear White After Labor Day?
Nicole Richie Makes a Turtleneck Dress Look Sexy
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...