A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,857
Currently Running With Scissors:
845 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2014--Let's continue the craftiness!  (Read 67260 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2014 04:36:29 PM »

Okay, this is probably the lamest thing ever that I am claiming as a "craft".  But... it was a WIP, and it's done, and theoretically it counts under the January theme of organization...so.. .without further adieu:

I found this absolutely hideous wooden tray with ducks on it at a thrift store for about 50 cents.  So, I took this green glitter paint that I had (Michaels clearance for about $1 for a pint of it), and slathered it all over it.   It hid the ducks, and sparkled- which is always a good thing in my book.

I was looking for places to display the jewelry that I make (under the foolish delusion that I will eventually go to a craft show and sell them).  So I screwed a bunch of hooks into the side of it, but got bored and quit halfway through.

Today, I finished screwing in the hooks.  I call it a "done".  Tongue

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014 04:38:49 PM by dewshinesdopp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2014 04:50:59 PM »

So many great things!

That baby cardigan is amazing, that would totally take me years to make!

The jewelry holder is awesome, and it feels so good to get something cleared out of the "to do" pile does it!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChameleonHound

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2014 04:54:42 PM »

Okay, this is probably the lamest thing ever that I am claiming as a "craft".  But... it was a WIP, and it's done, and theoretically it counts under the January theme of organization...so.. .without further adieu:

I found this absolutely hideous wooden tray with ducks on it at a thrift store for about 50 cents.  So, I took this green glitter paint that I had (Michaels clearance for about $1 for a pint of it), and slathered it all over it.   It hid the ducks, and sparkled- which is always a good thing in my book.

I was looking for places to display the jewelry that I make (under the foolish delusion that I will eventually go to a craft show and sell them).  So I screwed a bunch of hooks into the side of it, but got bored and quit halfway through.

Today, I finished screwing in the hooks.  I call it a "done".  Tongue

I'll bet if you hang some jewelry on there, you'll feel better about calling it a "craft" and not just a "done". Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
yofi
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2014 05:01:58 PM »

Wow!  people are off and running on 2014 -- and I just wrapped up my posts in the 2013 thread!

Marking my place for the upcoming year -- here's to great crafting for all!

Tubular cowl.... do-ahead rice casserole... strawberry yoghurt...chocolate/raspberry cake and cucumber salad... knit Knubbelchen dolls.... cuttings and winter plantings...quick buttermilk bread and pork/sweet potato casserole...Valenti nes Day/Movie Night snacks...green dragon riders shrug… Mosaic swirl hat…. Green chili chicken burritos…. More Nisse/Knubbelchen….green hats from stash….Cap’n America XL crib blanket….”Manly Back wrap”…

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014 11:48:38 AM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2014 05:43:25 PM »

These are the soaps I made in December and the two batches I made yesterday (the light lavendar on the left and the pink in the center). I'm just learning soap-making so am still doing melt & pour stuff, but am experimenting with molding, colors, fragrances, and inclusions. Hope to work from scratch as my techniques improve.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
51/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Use What You Have Swap
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #175 on: January 03, 2014 07:20:20 PM »

Your soaps are really pretty!  I find the whole soap making thing so interesting...you can almost smell them...

I would count your jewelry organizer as a successful crafted item!  You repurposed something (we do have a RRR Board on Craftster!)...and it is going to help organize your jewelry...

I have many projects working simultaneously...a new bag, tissue holders, socks, and an couple of aprons...I look forward to getting many of my WIPS done or giving up on them this year...no baggage to carry around the rest of my life...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2014 10:24:27 PM »

We are only the third day of the year and there are so many new projects already that I can't comment on each of them. You guys are fast!
The soap are so cute, I would eat them. Truly, they remind me of some sweet we ate around Christmas time when I was a kid!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flared-trousers

The face she wore was not her own

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2014 01:42:39 AM »

Wow - so many great crafts are happening Shocked

The asteroids wall hanging is cool.

Dewshinedopp I love the battledroid embroidery (and your jewellery holder is inventive, not lame).

Ffrog - thanks for the tips on entrelac and I think I am getting scarf envy as I love your colourful scarf as well.

Pixieval - what pretty curtains - they have reminded me to put vintage patchwork quilt on my list. I have been collecting vintage sheets/curtains/fabric to make a simple patchwork quilt with but I'm daunted as I've never done anything like that before.

All the knitting projects are also great Smiley

Kbrison those soaps look good enough to eat!

I'm hoping to get another small project done and posted by the end of this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2014 02:52:20 AM »

Your soap is so pretty KB,love the Celtic mold you used. I've made soaps but never pretty ones!

I like the tray to jewellery display dewshinesdopp   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Naantje
« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2014 03:14:37 AM »

Woo, I was just on pinterest and I had an awesome moment: somebody pinned one of my crafts directly from craftster! Not a re-pin of the stuff I put on my "Made by me" board (that's happened a couple of times, mainly for my Doctor Who mug) but somebody that pinned the ring carrier for my wedding directly from craftster. It's just so cool to run into that! Cheesy

About the soap eating: I actually once did that as a kid! It was strangely shaped soap: a cilinder that was about as wide as a pencil and 4 inches long and it smelled heavily of strawberries. It was bubblegum pink, so me and my friend thought it was bubblegum. Let me tell you: it might smell good, but soap tastes foul! Make sure your pretty soaps are only used for washing! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use Adjustment Layers
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Fix Details with the Clone Stamp Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Correct Colors
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Move Selection from One Image into Another
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing Adobe Photoshop CS2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...