A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
247 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A New Garden Gnome  (Read 622 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmyLynn98
« on: December 26, 2013 10:01:24 AM »

This is actually my second refurbished gnome. The first one was a broken gnome on clearance from Wal-Mart that I zombified.

Here's this little guy's back story. In September, I had a shitty time at a oceanfront concert, left early, and went to an antiques store in Virginia Beach to window shop. I went back a second time shortly after that and realized they had a good number of garden gnomes. I went back a third time, and picked this little guy up. He's probably about 10 inches tall.

He was made by Artline in 1992, according to the markings on the underside of his feet. He was holding a tool or something at some point, which broke, but I can't get the rest of the handle out of his hand. He was originally marked at $16, then $6 and I got him for $5.50.

My grandma had an Artline cookie jar of Mickey Mouse when I was a kid made out of the same plasticy stuff as the gnome, so that's why I recognized the Artline brand immediately.

He's cute, but a little too "Disney/Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" for my own taste. I was going to do him as Uncle Sam, but then inspiration struck: he needed to be a leprechaun gnome, in honor of my mom whose birthday was St. Patrick's Day. He is a complete repaint, all the way around. He actually needed a lot of primer for some reason to get started.

Even though it's not St. Patrick's Day, this little guy lives on my front step, along with a repaired Steelers football player gnome (he kept breaking and I separated him from the other gnomes...I think they've been beating him up) and the pooping  gnome my husband got me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot.com/
Taramor
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014 04:17:30 AM »

He is very cute, and so much better than in the original. You could let him hold something - a beer, maybe, or a sack of gold  Cheesy.
- Was saddened to hear about the abuse in the gnome community, by the way...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Redforkhippie
Red Fork Hippie Chick

Prone to creative outbursts.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014 11:17:37 PM »

Cute. I love, love, love lawn gnomes. The weather eventually wore their faces off, but I used to have a set I'd tricked out to look like the KISS Army. My most recent project -- completed just last night, and posted a minute ago, actually -- is a garden gnome cosplaying the Tenth Doctor. (Somebody's got to protect my garden from the Weeping Angels, right?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We are all capable of more than we do."
-- Mary Baker Eddy

http://redforkhippie.wordpress.com
AmyLynn98
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014 07:58:02 PM »

OMG...KISS gnomes???  Grin I think we need a set of those! My husband would love that! We saw KISS in August 2013 and we are going to see them again this August.

Cute. I love, love, love lawn gnomes. The weather eventually wore their faces off, but I used to have a set I'd tricked out to look like the KISS Army. My most recent project -- completed just last night, and posted a minute ago, actually -- is a garden gnome cosplaying the Tenth Doctor. (Somebody's got to protect my garden from the Weeping Angels, right?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways to Wear a White Tee
Get a “Sons of Anarchy” Makeover
DIY Fashion: Shoulderless Shirt
Lunchtime Live -- New Fashion Mistakes In The Office
Best Bikini Bottoms to Flaunt Your Butt
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...