A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Few Last Minute Personal Quirk Gifts  (Read 647 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MrsBowles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

More fun, less stuff...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: December 23, 2013 02:50:55 PM »

I just knitted a few last minute gifts. Nothing earth shattering but I just felt like sharing, ya know?

I've been fiddling with lots of patterns for knitted mitts. They always seem to be too long between the wrist bone and the beginning of the thumb gusset. They endlessly flop around and I never want to keep them on for very long. But I think I finally found the perfect formula. Hooray. On to the pictures!

This is a cozy pair kind with an alpaca blend. The pink one is the same yarn, alternating two rows with tow rows of similar colored sport weight. Kind of Cheshire Catty, huh? Still gotta make the 2nd one.

Then a superwash sport weight with a simple feather and fan lace on top creates a gift I'm proud to give. I made 2 pair to these.  Roll Eyes  4 little buttons went on this cuff. I took the picture before I sewed them on and now they are in Denmark. Oh well.

I also made these headbands, again because I never like anything I can find out there. Perhaps I'm a bit short in the occipital ridge area, but I hate the way these kind of bands get bunched up in back. These start out quite narrow, get very generous over the ears, then taper back in but only on the bottom edge to get off my forehead. It feels great. I can wear them during strenuous activity, keeping my ears warm but not getting so overheated as I do when I wear a hat. Plus, they stay on better. I lined the one for my sister with puppy footprints and the one for my sister-in-law with kitty footprintsfor obvious reasons.

The model here is my beautiful daughter, not me, by the way. The guy is the background is my husband putting the finishing touches on this awesome chair he just made:

And here is a picture of my dog:

Even though these gifts are for other people I designed them with my own particular quirks in mind. I guess it's comforting to think one's own particular problems are more universal then they might actually be. Now I don't feel so aloneshort occiputs unite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ama
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013 03:02:51 PM »

Beautiful knits!  I love your stitch work with the feather & fan lace.  Looks like there are a lot of lucky people on your Christmas gift list.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MrsBowles

More fun, less stuff...

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013 03:15:28 PM »

Thanks! I think people really do appreciate something made just for them. Even simple stuff like this takes thought, time, and love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013 07:34:32 PM »

Are you kidding me? These are so great and I know will be so appreciated!  And you totally stole 110% of my thunder with comments about your gorgeous model and that yahoo dinkin' around in the background.  Apparently you've got your superpower after all. 

The headband is WAY better than the safety orange, polar fleece thing I through together to keep hunters from mistaking me for prey when I walk the dogs. And for banding my head. Of course.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MrsBowles

More fun, less stuff...

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013 07:41:17 PM »

Thanks T. Glad to hear you're rocking the neon in the woods. If someone has a gun in my neighborhood you pretty much want them not to notice you.
BTW, the footprint gag was for you
Yay Superpowers!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013 07:58:55 PM »

Thanks T. Glad to hear you're rocking the neon in the woods. If someone has a gun in my neighborhood you pretty much want them not to notice you.
BTW, the footprint gag was for you
Yay Superpowers!!  Grin

I totally chuckled right out loud about the footprint gag!  I have also been participating in an extended happy hour, so... you know how it goes. Wink   

Now that it's not a reasonable hunting season, but there are still firearms discharging in the woods, I was thinking that either neon wasn't that great of an idea OR they're target shooting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Allison Pataki Delves the Tumultuous Love Story of Emperor Franz Joseph
Behind the Scenes with John Connolly and Jennifer Ridyard
Author Jason Mattera on Crapitalism in Government
Author Jason Mattera on Crapitalism
Author Jason Mattera Takes on Harry Reid, Maxine Waters, and Greg Meeks
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...