A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
342 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Pfaff Tiptronic 2040 is determined to ruin Christmas!  (Read 610 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teaandcraft
« on: December 21, 2013 07:14:40 AM »

It's four days until Christmas, so obviously this is the perfect time for my machine to stop working (sigh!). Normally I would just take it to the repair shop, but I've got two presents to finish and I really doubt any service center would fix it for me in time for *me* to finish on time! >___<

Here's the problem: I start stitching, it freezes up. Turning the hand wheel won't move the needle, it feels like if I tried to force it the needle would snap. When I pull out the fabric (which is kinda jammed into the machine underneath the needle) there is thread from the top threader all bunched up under it.

I'm not that great with sewing machines, but I have re-threaded it (multiple times!) and I'm 99% sure it's correct. Just pulling on the threads pulls them through easily and smoothly so I don't think that's that problem. I've brushed around the bobbin compartment and gotten out *a lot* of fluff (how embarrasing!) but that didn't seem to help at all. The manual is not very helpful but suggests tensioning problems, but I've got the needle tension dial set to 4 (and I've also tried it on 5) which is what it suggests it should be  Huh

So ... can anyone here help me save Christmas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013 12:43:13 AM »

The exact same thing happened to me. (And yes, I had to get two gifts sewn Right Now). Did the same as you but it turned out that the thread kept coming out of one of the "holder\guide" things. I short, the machine wasn't threaded correctly. Almost didn't catch it cause I'd re threaded it about 5 times. I still don't know why it kept popping out of the guide. Hope this helps and you got it going again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaandcraft
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013 03:22:43 AM »

Thanks Jinjeet! I think that it actually *had* come unthreaded! For some reason, the thread was popping out of the little hole on the thread guide *shrug* I don't know why! Anyway, it's working again! *And* I got my presents finished! Huzzah! ^___^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013 03:37:22 AM »

I'm glad to hear!!! Yea!!! Seems we have the same machine. lol. Thanks for letting me know. Merry Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ariana Grande Makeup Tutorial
VF NEWS: Narciso Rodriguez Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
New to Wearing Makeup? This Lipstick Tip Will Help You Get Started!
6 Hard to Find Thai Beauty Products
Bloody-Good Makeup: Transform Yourself Into a Fang Fatale
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...