A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Winter Wonderland of Whimsies-JOW Rd 13 Closed S/O 01/24/13  (Read 7295 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013 08:36:14 AM »

omg - I want to do this and the bead soup swap, but I need to recuperate my budget after Christmas.  I will seriously think about this though...  it doesn't have to be an actual jar does it - can it be a lighter container, like a wood box?

It can be anything you want!  One time I decorated a Whitman's chocolates box and filled it with Whimsies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mariak

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013 11:02:35 AM »

I am So busy with Christmas right now but thought I would look at craft swaps.... and I found this swap.  Shocked

Would love to join again if I can but won't be for a while.

I am in the UK as well.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013 01:25:51 PM »

As I am sure most of us will be rather busy over the next few days please forgive me if I don't update the thread or get to adding new swappers until Thursday 12/26.

I hope everyone has a fabulous holiday!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013 01:39:58 PM »

sent in my q'naire!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013 02:39:51 PM »

I'm in! I've never done one of these before, whimsies, looks fun and different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013 05:27:38 PM »

OMG - I just found out from DH that we may be having to pay a professional arborist to remove the tree debris...  I think I may have to take a swap hiatus for awhile... I could cry, but it would be best to save up and pay off Christmas debt and house debt if this isn't something insurance covers.  Oh well, we are luckier than others, at least we have power and heat available to us...  Let me think - I may still need a small swap here and there to boost my spirits and keep the creative fires burning...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013 06:35:28 PM »

onyxnox - the city isn't picking up the tree debris??  They are here!  We just have to have the branches out front and eventually someone will come get it.  I'm glad to hear you have power, I know that 260,000 people in your area are without, we lost ours for a night and was relieved when it came back on at 5 am!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Junior_Mint

Must eat all the Pocky!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013 06:38:19 PM »

Sent in my questionnaire!  I'm excited since I haven't done a swap in years. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013 07:01:34 PM »

onyxnox - the city isn't picking up the tree debris??  They are here!  We just have to have the branches out front and eventually someone will come get it.  I'm glad to hear you have power, I know that 260,000 people in your area are without, we lost ours for a night and was relieved when it came back on at 5 am!

I think the city will only pick up the stuff on the streets and sidewalks.  I am not sure about stuff that is actually on the property, unless it is at immediate risk to power lines, or safety.  Unfortunately we have about half a maple over our workshop/garage now and it is too slippery and dangerous for DH to go up there and try to get it down or chainsaw it himself.  For that matter, a large limb is hanging over our roof over the bedroom and there is still a couple of large limbs off our birch tree over the front too.  We have power because we have a generator, but the power lines are still down.  DH is helping the neighbours set up their new gennie right now.  My mother just called and reassured me that they have power back as of 15 minutes ago.

You're out near Kingston aren't you?  I think the problem is that there are so many older neighbourhoods in the city that have such large mature trees, and overhead lines.  One of the things I loved about our area is the large shady trees - which I thought was only a pain in the butt come the fall and the need to rake the debris up.  Oh well, two major black outs in 10 years is nothing to get my knickers in a knot over.  We went for a week without it at the cottage one year and I am rather adept at cooking on a woodstove if needed Cheesy

I was planning on making hot soup, picking up salt, wood to burn, water, etc for my parents tomorrow, but now that I heard they have power back, it is a huge weight off my shoulders and I feel quite cheerful now.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013 07:02:55 PM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
rockingbearranch

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013 07:40:43 PM »

Questionnaire sent  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cooking With Chloe, Episode 3
How to Make Honey Glazed Winter Squash
How to Make Cranberry Salsa
How to Cook Thyme and Potatoes
How to Make a Holiday Chutney
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...