A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decoupaged stool set  (Read 393 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chirel
« on: December 19, 2013 12:41:54 PM »

Last February (almost a year ago) I bought four stools and this week I finally finished the project. Lots of randomness happened… but I'm happy with the result Smiley Green and gold was what I wanted.

All four of them are different, but variations of the same theme. They each are decorated with book pages (different languages) and with stamps (different themes).

I varnished the legs with brown, and it was a mess, but I decided it's mostly how I wanted it… I'm not very good at painting things in a planned way. The gold crackle paint was part of the original idea, but it didn't really work the way I had planned. I was able to save the project anyway.

These two were kind of ok, but a tad bit boring, and I think the gold actually mostly improved how they look, although it didn't work as I had planned.

This was my favorite before the gold paint… I added some gold leaf (first time ever I used it). Now it's not so bad, but I still feel sad about it.

This one I liked the least before the gold and now I think it's my favorite. I added some gold-marbled paper pieces to it to cover the worst spots of gold paint and I really like the result. And the best thing is that I got this paper from a friend I don't really see that often, so now I think of her every time I see this stool.

And here they all are happily together, waiting for the guest to come Smiley
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013 12:42:21 PM by chirel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013 03:25:04 PM »

I think they look wonderful. You know, anything you make does not always have to have a favorite. Love yourself for what you create. The time you take with things is worth everything. More than you can buy in a store. You took the time to do it, and think things out, and cared enough to work your best. That is what really matters. I think they look beautiful. And the gold certainly sets them off. And neat that you were able to experiment with different types of materials for them. And they are all unique.

What a wonderful project. And I love how they "nest", even if they were messy to do. Welcome to kindergarten 101 ! At least that is what I call it. When I create a frenzy of art  Grin {Don't put a wet paint sign, everyone has to touch}

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Cool Ways to Incorporate a Beanie Into Your Outfit
Altuzarra Spring 2014 New York Fashion Week - Interviews & Runway
3 Cool Ways to Wear 1 Plaid Top
Fashions Created with Recycled Materials
The Best Looks to Heat Up Your Super Bowl
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...