A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
745 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: so ... any south dakotans or upper plains craftsters??  (Read 9294 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

funkyjunkie
« on: July 10, 2005 11:52:09 PM »

I always feel so alone on these forums ... out in the middle of south dakota ... but, if I'm not alone, please say HELLO ... really loudly b/c I might just hear you!

I'm in central SD in Chamberlain. Would love to hear from fellow SD'ers ... and border states, too (NE, MN, NE, ND, IA, MT, CO). Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funky junkie ~ addictively good handcrafted jewelry ~ www.funkyjunkie.biz ~ the blog @ www.funkyjunkie.biz/blog
lemairia
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005 02:24:20 PM »

I grew up in SoDak and my family still lives there (parents  and others in SF, brother in Madison), but I live in Washington, DC now and have for going on 20 years (ack!).  I couldn't imagine living back home, but I still get homesick.  My husband and I drove across the state last summer (family reunion in the Hills) and it was a great reminder of what a remarkable place it is.  Hope you're able to connect with other crafty folks back home, but if you can't find anyone in the offline world, at least you've got all of us in the online world!

Take care,
Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeMair Handcrafts
unique handcrafted items for modern living
www.lemairhandcraft s.com
xstifflerx
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005 02:38:38 AM »

Hello! I'm from Mitchell  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitster88
aka christinanne

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005 07:19:13 PM »

wow. the south dakota board is even lonlier than the northdakota board. we have a loyal following of like um.. 5 whole entire people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look what youve done to me now, youve made me perfect
serenityinsleep
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005 05:08:21 PM »

I'm from Chadron, Nebraska. 'Bout 100 miles away from Rapid City, SD, if you know where that is. It's in the southwest corner. I go to Rapid often and have tried to find good thrift stores there, but the ones I've found are kinda... skanky? Anyway, I feel your pain. I feel quite alone (even though there are NEers on the board) because I'm far, far away from Lincoln/Omaha.   Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mamabear
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005 07:45:35 AM »

Hi, I'm from Sturgis but have family in Huron so we travel across the state several times a year.  We haunt all of the antique shops and thrift shops.  We usually stop at the Old West Trading post in Chamberlain.  Rapid City and Belle Fourche have a lot of anitque shops.  I sometimes find vintage stuff  like patterns, buttons etc. at the antique shops. Hey, Chamberlain, where do you shop? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005 09:27:51 AM »

I'm sorta a South Dakotan...I got to USD, but I'm actually from Crofton/Fordyce, NE.  (About 20 min from Yankton.)  It's so sad that those of us who are on here are from ALL parts of the state(s)...not close to each other, at all.  If you're ever in SF, they've got a great new yarn store (though I might be biased...my friends own it), and a SnB that meets Tuesday night at Barnes and Noble.  Give me a holler if you ever come down  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
lilepad
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005 03:11:50 PM »

hey, I just joined today and I'm from Vermillion too (originally from central SD)! I've been lurking here a while, but decided to jump in today.

Even though we have a Walmart opening soon, it sucks living here because we have to go out of town to find any good craft supplies (not that walmart will help that much). I drove all over SF last weekend trying to find Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool. Finally another shopper in Michael's helped me (after the teenage boy working there tried to tell me that they only carried Lion Boucle yarn--no offense to teenage boys out there) and I found it at Hancock Fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005 01:37:34 PM »

Have you been to the yarn stores in SF?  There's Yarn Knit downtown, and Athena's Fibers down near Minnesota (sorta/not really...that's just the best description I can do right now).

We have a Stitch n Bitch that meets up Saturday mornings at the Coffee Shop Gallery downtown; you should join us sometime!  We just met today; the next "meeting" is Dec. 17th.  (And I think the first one January is the 7th.)  You should PM me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
kd
Ta Da, It's Miss America!

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005 07:50:35 PM »

Howdy! I'm from northern Minnesota, Park Rapids, about 100 miles east of Fargo. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no such thing as a stay-at-home mom.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fatty Tuna Vs. Regular Tuna Sushi Rolls
What is Wasabi?
How to Make a Salmon Crunch Roll
How to Eat Sushi with Chopsticks
How to Make a Tamagoyaki Omelet
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...