I've been working on new kanzashi projects each weekend.
This weekend's project is a set of three orchid hair pins.
This is the first one I made. I tried to put a lighter color on the interior of the large petals but the color difference wasn't great enough and it doesn't really stand out.
This is the second one I made. I was more satisfied with the color variation on this one.
This is the last one I made. It has a little more detail with a sprig of leaves and some silver cloth wrapped wire loops. I cleaned the thread up on the bottom left side of the bottom petal. It was actually a bit of excess glue.
Another shot of the last orchid. I had to make a last minute repair with hot glue - you can see some of the strands in the picture on the leaves. I removed those last bits of course.
And one last picture of all three!