A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geeky Christmas Swap Gallery  (Read 4473 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013 11:18:51 AM »

Milkeway chose a couple of interesting subjects from my pinterest.

An Alice-themed shadowbox!

A Perchta, or winter nature spirit.  She wears (fake)fur and a little mask  I love this a lot!   Cheesy

Here she joins the cavemen on my solstice wreath!

Thank you milkeway!   Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013 11:30:24 AM »

I don't have a means to post pictures, but wanted to share here, as well. My swap partner will post as quick as she gets time to.

I just recieved from Bobbysgirl...I wanted to wait to open it, but just could not help myself. And squeee. She spoiled me. First off the mat, are the gifts for my kids. She did not wrap these, but they are wonderful all the same. 4 wonderful stuffies for the little ones. Assorted colors in sort of the goofy monster theme. Adorable, and very well stitched and detailed from felt, and other embellishments.

Also three crochet pieces {dang is she good at that}. One is a blue mask...Batman??? Two look to be possible kitty toys, but I might hang them on my tree this year. A pokemon ball, and a variagated octopus. All exceptionally well stitched, and wonderful.

She also included a stationery set for my older daughter in the Harry Potter theme that daughter loves.

Then I started opening mine. Here is where I really squeeeeeee. My favorite movie is Labrynith...and she croched me a worm. My favorite part of the movie! He is a pretty good size, so I will make room here at my computer for that detail. So adorable, and so well crochet-ed. And the eyes are plastic, and inset to the stitching. Looks like felt around them. So cute!

Then, she painted me a picture from another favorite movie...IT, by Stephen King. I got the crazy clown! Looks like she did some wood burning with it, and then added some paint details. Totally awesome. She really captured the image exactly! He is spooky...just as he should be! 

Last ones, just now opening...totally hillarious...A SPONGE BOB TOTE, crochet. He is absolutely adorable. I cannot get over her skills with the hook. Her stitches are so even, and well placed. For having three kids, including her little one, I don't know how she can focus on projects like this. Amazing.

But that is not all, there is another wrapped gift inside the tote. Har, har, har. A fabric sponge bob wallet, that says, "It's all good". So totally cool.

I don't know how to thank you enough, Erica...you have made my holiday way richer with your kindness and skills.
Please post the photos so everyone else can drool and be jealous. And get neat ideas, and ask to be your trade partner. You are a wonderful swapper. I hope my package gets to you soon, and you are happy with it, as well. I am overjoyed! Thank You 

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
birdak
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2013 01:22:47 PM »

Received from Ryn yesterday.

Holy hell this bad boy is amazing. She took my love of board games and combined it with my love of Game of Thrones to make... wait for it...

Ticket to Ride: Westeros Edition

I know - you're jealous right? Because you should be.

I can't wait to try it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my Wist: wists.com/birdak
my Pins: pinterest.com/katmada
my Tweets: twitter.com/katmada
my Tumblrs: katadamsdesign.tumblr.com
                   catatoms.tumblr.com
                   thefaithfulta.tumblr.com
                   shitkatlikes.tumblr.com
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2013 01:27:30 PM »

WOW! What a great idea! Like the board game!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
milkeway
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2013 05:09:58 PM »

Ludi- I'm glad the little Perchta found a home with you Smiley

stillatthetop- I hope your partner can post pics, I would love to see these items!

birdak- WOW that is amazing!!! I love Ticket to Ride, and I can't believe she made that! Totally jealous  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Movie/TV Show Swap - Crafting! Cheesy

My Pinterest
Bobbysgirl
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013 06:38:55 PM »

Here are the items I sent to stillatthestop. First is a group shot of all the little extras (the half human half dinosaur foot in the corner belongs to me though)-

Next is a wood burning of Pennywise, but it looked to plain so I added the color to it-

The Spongebob tote and little pouch -

And the Worm from Labyrinth (following the tutorial postedon craftster by Foxyblue)-

I'm so glad you liked everything stillatthetop. I also received an awesome package from her today, but since there were two wrapped items for my older kids that won't be home until tomorrow, I'm waiting until then to post pictures of everything together. Let me just say in advance - it's wonderful!! [img]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stillatthetop
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013 07:31:08 PM »

My responce to this post is in #21 above. I am glad you all get to drool over the awesome-ness. Erica is definately a wonderful craftster. I am thrilled.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013 07:50:48 PM »

I'm glad you like it birdak! I really hope it's playable. I've never designed a board game before, haha. I received today and love it! I mentioned to birdak that I was thinking of starting a stamp collection and she delivered!

Marceline, X-Men and Mr.Pointy (Buffy!) So many things I love. They're awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013 08:03:05 AM »

So I managed to stumble across the gallery finally! I know spikefan said it was up...lets just blaim it on the holidays...anyway...everything looks awesome Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
silentblair

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013 09:11:24 PM »

LOVE the Dr Horrible hoop right down to the rope boarder, and it's my fave line from that song too!
Cool GOT board game.
The Alice Shadowbox is so inspiring, I wish I had that talent.  Cool
The Sponge Bob bag is awesome! That would be a big hit in my house. Wink
My favorite stamp is Marcelline. She rules!

This is one great gallery!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Cartoon Donkey
How to Design a Cartoon Fairy
How to Design a Cartoon Monster
How to Design a Cartoon Pig
How to Do a Pokemon Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...