A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Arm/Wrist Band Purse  (Read 121077 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , arm_band , wristband  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IceCreamCone
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2004 01:07:04 PM »

Cute idea - I love it.
Too bad though, I am way too paranoid to put money and ID in something like that.
I'm like one of the old granny's who lock their purse into their shopping cart when I'm out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sim1
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2004 12:36:04 PM »

this is such a cool idea you came up with   Cool

THIS ROCKS   Logged
JodiJean
JOCOLE: extra-long modest shirts! personalized tyvek creations (including iPod cases) and unique compact pocket mirrors. sterling silver jewelry.

Modest clothing, tyvek wallets, recipe boxes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2004 09:47:28 AM »

i made one with a zipper on it (so change can't fall out) and  i made the band long enough to wear right above my calf, but below my knee (does that make sense) and i wear it under my pants when i go to shows, etc.  i love it.  its perfect.  oh and i must add !!TUTORIAL!!, so that when i am searching for all my fave tutes i can find it Smiley
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004 09:50:30 AM by JodiJean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.jocole.net
http://jocole.etsy.com

JOCOLE:  Extra-long modest shirts!
Personalized tyvek wallet and zipper pouches, custom recipe boxes.

http://jodijean.blogspot.com
http://jocole.blogspot.com
regansbox
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2005 06:48:40 PM »

Sign of a great tutorial: Almost two years later people are still seeing it and proclaiming, "Hey. I should do that." Not surprising, considering it's the brainchild of the same person who thought up craftster.org, but I digress. Cool

I checked out this thread because when I'm on-call, I have two devices with me at all times, a Blackberry and a phone. Why I don't use the Blackberry as the phone is a long story. Suffice to say: two devices. Being a chick, often no pockets. This causes chaos when foraging for food in the cafeteria and various and sundry other daily tasks at work. I saw this thread and the lightbulb went on. Last night I finished what I've dubbed my Geek Belt, which I wore proudly around my upper arm today:

A shot from above, then one of the cellphone and Blackberry holders, respectively. Because of the weight of the Blackberry, I had to opt for a slide-on style with elastic inside instead of velcro. It was actually surprisingly comfortable and, yes, when both devices were turned to silent, I could even tell which one was vibrating and respond accordingly.

Apparently, there was a bet going on as to what the thing was on my arm. The person who won went with, "Knowing Regan, there's no telling what it was." That fits Craftster so well, I think I may have to use it as my avatar caption. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PpCakes
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005 09:35:39 PM »

im sooo making one, ::puts on list of things to doo:: boy my list sure has gotten long lately Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog, its full of crafty awesome things, and life!

xo
http://ckscribbles.blogspot.com/
FunkyKristen

karaoke goddess :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2005 11:17:20 AM »

i was looking around, about to write a "discussions and questions" post on what would be the best way to go about making an armband case for my sony hi-MD walkman... and lo and behold, i found this thread *insert heavenly music here*. i'm definitely going to use this tute asa  starting point. it's going to take some measuring to make holes for the input/output jacks. Smiley also, i might use a thick elastic band instead of a ribbon so it'll stay when i jog and stuff.
i really want to use this tute to make a place to stash stuff when i go to the club. the idea of putting it above the calf but below the knee was right on track with what i was thinking! i try putting stuff in my bra when i go but my ID always causes me to have a sort of "square boob syndrome," as i like to call it.  Grin
wonderful idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pranita
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2005 11:36:45 AM »

great idea!  i do want to try out that calf thing too - pretty clever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dia
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006 08:38:12 PM »

leah, this is SUPER AWESOME. thnks for sharin it : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you are feeling stressed and about to breakdown, just remember: STRESSED is just DESSERTS spelled backwards... Its a piece of cake!
tawna1121
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006 08:41:44 PM »

See This is why I LOVE craftster Earlier today I Thought "DARN the outfit I;m wearing to club tonight doesnt have pockets ...and I need mY ID 10$ and my Razor *a super skinny phone* Then I Hit Craftster and  lo and behold!  I made one to fit in the Garter region and it rocks !! I'm getting ready to go out ( in like 5 mins!!) so I'll post pix later It even holds my phone!! yay!!!!! kISSES KISSES !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To Live is to Create to Create is to live !
crafthippie
I <3 System of a Down!!!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2006 03:44:18 PM »

This is sooo cool and I love the material you used!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Bombed and being bombed are the same things on different sides of the fence."
         ~Serj Tankian - System of a Down <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to French Braid Pigtails
How to Curl Black Hair
How to Do a Prom Ponytail
How to Do a Side Ponytail
How to Style a Bob Haircut
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...