A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Corner Start Leaky Roof Scarf  (Read 237 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaylefrancis
« on: December 11, 2013 10:17:31 AM »

A little over a year ago, I was six months out of work, deeply frustrated, and broke as hell. A friend of mine found herself in possession of a huge storage container of very nice yarns and, not being a crocheter or knitter, gifted the entire container to me in an act of friendship. I insisted, if she was going to just give me all this yarn, that she pick out whatever yarns she liked the most, and I'd make her some items. I've managed to use most of the yarn she picked out to make her scarves and hats and hand warmers (she loves outerwear).

This scarf is another use of yarn she picked out (Rowan felted tweed, the lighter blue) with the addition of some unlabeled darker blue that I thought really popped. It was going to be her Christmas gift, but then she mentioned she'd rather not exchange gifts this year, so I gave it to her as a just because gift. She tried to argue that it was clearly a planned Christmas gift, but I pointed out that it came from the yarn she'd picked out the year before, so really, it's not anything but a thank you for all the yarn in the first place.

Corner-start with color changes done randomly. I was really just looking for an excuse to do color changes, and I wasn't certain it looked quite right, but my friend specifically mentioned she loved it, and that's all I was going for.

Close-ups of the whole thing piece by piece:

(And I just realized the end pics are flipped the wrong way. Whoops.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Swimsuit For Your Body Type
You Can Do What With Double-Sided Tape?
Different Ways To Wear A Striped Shirt
The Mod Style Is Back In A Big Way
Lily Aldridge on Bikinis and Her Celebrity Girl Crushes
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...