A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Glass Marble Magnets  (Read 125154 times)
Tags for this thread: marble_magnet , tutorial , flat_glass_marble  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftfetish
« Reply #370 on: May 29, 2006 01:35:23 PM »

Its very hard to find nice clear gems around here, but I did just find some really nice sized ones and clear at Pier I Imports.  They come in a plastic round container.  A little more pricey, but well worth it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gypsygurl
« Reply #371 on: May 29, 2006 05:10:45 PM »

Good tip! I may have to go out there now and check 'em out. How much if I may ask. It'd be worth it if they were clear and bigger fo'sho.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Secret Society of Tortured Daughters-In-Law - Hate your MIL? Join the Society today!
craftfetish
« Reply #372 on: May 30, 2006 06:26:29 PM »

I think they were $4.99 for a canister of them.  but yeah, they were bigger and nice and clear.  Smiley 

Good tip! I may have to go out there now and check 'em out. How much if I may ask. It'd be worth it if they were clear and bigger fo'sho.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fireheart99
« Reply #373 on: June 08, 2006 07:41:55 AM »

I got mine at save-on-crafts.com, and they are huge and flat backed which is really nice.  I have some vintage images and some E-6000 and can't wait to try this Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mabelsthecat
« Reply #374 on: June 08, 2006 11:52:14 AM »

I'm so excited to get started on mine!  I've purchased my marbles and some glue - this weekend I'll be getting some magnets and getting down to business!  I love these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOV3LY
« Reply #375 on: July 01, 2006 04:09:13 PM »

For the glue I just used Modge Podge and it worked really well. I can't wait to use them! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarasvati

love for crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #376 on: July 12, 2006 12:16:30 PM »

i can't wait to try these!  i'm going to go to michael's or walmart today to seek out some supplies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lostmittenblog.blogspot.com - my crafting blog
http://www.flickr.com/lost_mitten - my flickr
I'm Craftster's August 2009 Featured Needlework Artist!

(Mini) Nerd Swap - sign-ups right now! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342519.0
swim22
« Reply #377 on: July 15, 2006 09:39:05 PM »

myaunts basements a big coca cola ad.old fashioned ones like you did would look great! ;Dthanks much
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmcmc7
« Reply #378 on: July 19, 2006 05:57:43 AM »

UGH!  Another failure.  Mine came out horrible.  I tried to use Beatles pics from a Readers Digest.  Maybe because they were black and white, but they didn't come out good at all.  I bought the glass marbles at WalMart.....they didn't seem clear enough.....bought some different ones at Michaels.....not clear enough.  I don't know what I did wrong but I have spent a fortune...and they look BAD!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmcmc7
« Reply #379 on: July 19, 2006 05:58:35 AM »

UGH!  Another failure.  Mine came out horrible.  I tried to use Beatles pics from a Readers Digest.  Maybe because they were black and white, but they didn't come out good at all.  I bought the glass marbles at WalMart.....they didn't seem clear enough.....bought some different ones at Michaels.....not clear enough.  I don't know what I did wrong but I have spent a fortune...and they look BAD!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Pappadams
Panang Curry Paste Options
How to Prepare Lemongrass
How to Add Flavor to Plain Rice
How to Make Rice Pilaf
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...