A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secret Santa 2013 Swap Gallery--Opening Weekend this weekend!  (Read 3643 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013 03:52:38 PM »

Amazing packages everyone!  I received from Ffrogg526 (Christmahanakwanzik a)

She made me this BBT hat straight off my Pinterest,

It's super cute, and I love it. It's actually a wee bit big for my head (but certainly wearable), but it's super sturdy and I'm considering using it as a basket of some sort instead which would be amazingly cool since I could display it year round!

She also crafted me this gorgeous mini hoop which I may just attach some ribbon too and hang on my tree. I love it!

For some extras, she sent me some wearable twinkling lights.  Thanks so much for crafting for me. I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmalieAlexander
https://www.facebook.com/EmalieAlexander
Twitter: @EmalieAlexander
applesandpumpkins

Kissing cats and making things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013 04:03:06 PM »

I'm practically drooling over everything in this gallery! I love everyone's goodies. Smiley I think the tree skirt might be my favorite so far!

I opened my amazing, wonderful, perfect package from Quaggy (aka Mistletoe Kisses) today! I love everything she sent me so much and I will post pictures tomorrow morning when the lighting is better. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VegasZombie
Random? Random is good

You are what you is

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013 06:14:21 PM »

Me next!! Me next!!

My Secret Santa was the wonderful Pinkdelia!!

Rest assured that everything was expertly wrapped. I took those pictures as soon as the package arrived. Now I can't find them. Moral: don't let your sister borrow your SD card. ha ha

Now, on with the show!!

Pinkdelia made me an awesome hat & scarf set in super colors! The bows on the hat are removable. Excuse the person modeling the fabulous hat & scarf. I've had a rough day.

And then... and then... there was this:

A Weeping Angel!!!

Thank you soooo much Pinkdelia! You are awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for personal swaps!

Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/vegaszombie/
.:dollface:.
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013 06:43:57 PM »

I opened my gift this morning but I'm at work and can't remember who I received from.. So I'll have to post pictures tomorrow Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
kbrison
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013 08:16:38 PM »

Ice, snow, sleet, school closings, church service cancellations, event postponements, dangerous road conditions, and power outages; that's been our status since Wednesday. Then into all that dreariness comes a new baby girl in the extended family and opening day for the Secret Santa Swap. Life is so, so good!

First, the tempting packages. Love the paper and Ho Ho Ho ribbon. Think they're going into my cardmaking/papercrafting supplies because they're much too cute to toss.

My Secret Santa was courtneykilledit aka Batman.  Cheesy Even though we both crochet, she made me something that I love but would never make for myself. I love receiving amigurumis, but don't like to make them. That's why every one I have was made by someone else on Craftster.  Grin I also collect kangaroos, so this one is totally perfect! He even came decked out in removable Santa togs, so he's going to be part of my holiday decorations this month. Then I'm going to pack the beard and hat away and let him be my desk buddy for the rest of the year. Now to come up with a fitting name for him. Think he deserves a name a little more refined than "Cutie"! He also came with two snowflake ornaments, but you can't see one of them because it's tucked into his pouch.

My hands are always cold and especially so this week with our current weather conditions, so the fingerless gloves I received are perfect for doing things around the house! Courtney used a very soft and shiny yarn that's unfamiliar to me, so I don't know what it's called, but I can say that it's very pretty and I love the tab and button fashion detail.

Thanks so much, courtneykilledit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
94/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
courtneykilledit
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013 09:28:42 PM »

So glad you liked everything! Fun fact--- intitally, I made you another pair of fingerless gloves, then I noticed you had made the exact same pair (same pattern, same color, etc) and posted them to the crochet boards! So I kept them and made you the kangaroo. I called him "Santa Roo" but my daughter liked "Kanga Claus." You'll come up with an equally fun name, I'm sure. Smiley

I seriously love everything I've seen so far! That tree skirt! The weeping angel! The adorable Charlie Brown ornaments! Drooooool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
happylittleclam
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013 10:09:36 PM »

I was finally able to open and my secret santa is.....VegasZombie! Yay!!!

On top of all the wonderful edible goodies I already opened (and there were many!!!), here is a picture of the two packages I dug into today:)

*DRUM ROLL*

An infinity scarf (in my favorite color and a great pattern)! It was numero uno on my wish list and I am thrilled to receive one. I just love these things...such a great way to dress up an ordinary t-shirt!

Next up we have three color block cork hoop memo boards. LOVE!!! I hung them on my hoop wall, which also happens to be the wall behind my crafting desk. Not only does it blend in perfectly with the rest of the hoops, I am going to pin use them as a real life pinterest board...lol.

*Action Shot*

Thank you so very much, VegasZombie! You were so observant, nailed my taste, and spoiled me rotten this swap. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013 10:37:11 PM »

So I kept them and made you the kangaroo. I called him "Santa Roo" but my daughter liked "Kanga Claus." You'll come up with an equally fun name, I'm sure. Smiley

Kanga Claus it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
94/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
stillatthetop
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013 12:09:26 AM »

Your kangaroo could be named "Kanga hop"? Very cute. And I like the idea of the removable decoration. Now you need to craft it something for Valentine's, and St. Patties...Mother's Day....4th of July, etc.? Decorate the sweetie year round, and use up your extras. Just an idea. He would be cute dressed as a pilgrim, or turkey, or Indian?  Grin Silly me.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013 06:27:09 AM »

I opened my package and even before I opened I knew I was going to like it because my Secret Santa was Fancybutch, l which figured out from her address - we've swapped before and I know her work and couldn't wait to open!!

First is this beautiful snowflake stitched on black (can't imagine how hard that was)

Then I unwrapped this little box

which was cute but then I opened the box and discovered this tiny snowman (shadowbox I believe, because she's attached inside.)  I actually gasped at how adorable she is!!

THANKS ROBIN for the making such perfectly suited items for me!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Game with Chef Craig Hopson at One if by Land, Two if By Sea
Sumptuous Short Ribs and Steak with Chef Gavin Kaysen at Cafe Boulud
Seafood Sensation with Chef Marucs Gleadow-Ware at Aureole
How to Make Chocolate Sticky Buns with Chef Jehangir Mehta at Graffiti
Cheese Cave Advenutres with Cheese Expert Dennis Cottin at Artisanal
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...