A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secret Santa 2013 Swap Gallery--Opening Weekend this weekend!  (Read 4160 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 06, 2013 03:14:26 PM »

Hi everyone! Tomorrow (Saturday) go ahead and start opening  your goodies and posting all our wonderful Christmas gifts in the Gallery. I had a fun time and hope you all enjoyed this secret santa swap, especially those of you who have never been in a secret partner style swap! 

If you know who your secret santa is, you may reveal their identity (and alias) when you post your goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frugal Living Swap Rd 6: Sent!
rockingbearranch
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013 04:56:20 PM »

I'm going out of town so I'm going to post a few hours early. My santa was Sandy Claus who is sammylouise40. It came with a lush card. Look at the similarity in art style.

And I love soft kitty! The paint is very precise and clean. Kudos. It is going on the office wall asap.

Thank you santa  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013 12:20:19 AM »

Just a heads' up: as we post feedback, johnson.mom2two and I will be showing that info in the thread but not in the gallery. Do I hear the sound of Santa's sleigh bells? No, I think it's the sound of paper ripping and crafters shouting out with glee "Look what Santa sent to me!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
125/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Quilt Block Swap 6 - sent
Mini 12 Days of Christmas- 4/12 done
Mug Rug Swap - sent
Sweat Shop Ornament Swap - sending
Holiday Tag Swap Rd 2 - designing
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013 07:51:01 AM »

I couldn't wait any longer!  My crafter was the amazing happylittleclam!  She had a hard time crafting for me because I didn't list anything that was her specialty!  But she did an amazing job!  I love my goodies!

This is inspired by my Pinterest board "Etsy Wants".  Its a tree of life earring holder.  And let's be honest, its so pretty it may never hold earrings!  It may just look pretty on my wall!  Cheesy  

I love earrings. It might even be said I have an obsession!  She made me more holiday earrings!  The dark triangles are Christmas trees.  I couldn't get a good picture of them.  I think the stockings are my favorite.  Smiley

Thank you so much!  I love my goodies!  Merry Christmas everyone!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013 02:07:53 PM by Ffrogg526 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkdelia
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013 09:43:08 AM »

I opened first thing when i woke up this morning so i would be able to run to the library and post before going to work. my secret santa was Shaken Bacon aka artista83.

I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!

I love the sketchbook and bookmark so much they automatically went into my work bag to show off to another Doctor Who fan at work
The key chains also went onto my work lanyard since it is the police box one you can from hot topic

thank you so much!!! and the gloves fit perfectly
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013 09:45:04 AM by pinkdelia » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013 10:21:37 AM »

I opened my present from Raspberry Snowflake aka  johnson.mom2two. I received a wonderfully adorable gift.

Before I even opened the bag the gift was in, I found a tag that is so great. I was just thinking the other day how I want a hoop and then today I find the perfect hoop for me.

My favorite animals are camels so I absolutely love this hoop.

So now onto the actually gift. The gift that I got is so cute and I was so  excited when I saw him since he is one of my favorite characters, Totoro.

Not only is he super adorable and crocheted, after I read the note I found out that he is also a pillow pet!

Thank you so much,  johnson.mom2two, for the adorable hoop and Totoro pillow pet.

Also, I'm really glad you liked the card and painting, rockingbearranch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

My Pinterest!
sarahelise
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013 10:32:04 AM »

I received from our fabulous co-organizer kbrison, and man 'o' man was I SPOILED!  I really wanted Christmas themed or useable items, as I've been really overwhelmed with trying to prepare for the holidays.  Travel for both Thanksgiving and Christmas plus my baby's first Halloween and Birthday have made me totally stressed and not so much in the holiday spirit, but this really helped kick my butt out of Grinchyland.  This year our tree has to have baby safe ornaments, and I was sort of freaking out that I didn't have any.  Not any more!  I received so many amazing ornaments straight off my Pinterest! 

First, these gorgeous snowflakes, which I'm going to hang in the windows from fishing wire: 

Then, these beautiful quilted tree ornaments, which are just so lovely:

Then, some fab crocheted lovelies.  I'm a crocheter, myself, and love a granny square anything, but for some reason, I just haven't been able to motivate myself to make anything Christmassy the last couple of years, but when we were visiting family over Thanksgiving, my MIL had some amazing vintage granny stockings that had me hankering for some crochet.  This should do the trick: 

These trees are so great.  I love them.  I'm trying to decide if I might crochet a string to make them into a garland to hang from the mantle or if I should just leave them as ornaments.  Right now, they're happily dancing in my gaudy silver Christmas tree. 

Next, these so so so awesome Peanuts ornaments that I've been coveting, but again, unable to motivate myself to make for me. 

And their little outfits on the back!

Finally, and seriously, I'm just sitting here draping myself in it, even though it's totally inappropriate and weird, this amazing and perfect, and oh so loved and hoped for tree skirt. 

I have wanted a real grown-up tree skirt that wasn't a cheezy one bought at the Target for so long and this one is just so beautiful and perfect.  I teared up a little when I opened it and saw the pom poms and the little houses and thought about how much my little boy is going to love growing up and helping me put it around the tree every year and making up stories about the people in the houses and what's happening in the scene.  I'm a total sappy dork, but this really is so special and made me feel really loved and very much no longer Grinchy.  Thank you so much kbrison for making this such a special holiday for my family. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I had a needle and thread, fine as I could sew, I'd sew my true love to my side, and down the creek

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sarahelise41/
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarahschar
rjannelle
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013 12:15:52 PM »

I have wanted a real grown-up tree skirt that wasn't a cheezy one bought at the Target for so long and this one is just so beautiful and perfect.  I teared up a little when I opened it and saw the pom poms and the little houses and thought about how much my little boy is going to love growing up and helping me put it around the tree every year and making up stories about the people in the houses and what's happening in the scene.  I'm a total sappy dork, but this really is so special and made me feel really loved and very much no longer Grinchy.  Thank you so much kbrison for making this such a special holiday for my family. 

Awwwe this is precious Smiley What a beautiful tree skirt! The gallery is looking awesome so far!

I opened my parcel this morning and will be posting pics in a bit Cheesy But I don't know who my Secret Santa is... which one of you lovely swappers is Peppermint McSprinkleson?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fancybutch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013 12:42:49 PM »

wow great packages to start, all great, but I especially love the wire tree of life, well done!

I opened the most amazing package from my secret santa today, who was sloth003 and I must have been very good this year because it's so AWESOME!  

seriously sloth003 you could be the real santa.

ok so here goes...

my goodies were in these amazing sewn gift bags, which themselves are fabulous and so well done and love the fabric, especially the sparkly trees and could that be? yes it's elvis on the red!

Then four, yes four amazing placemats, done to perfection I must say, quilted with xmas trees in green fabrics and a great blocky design that I love

and then on the back of each this great version of a fibonacci spiral, which sloth noticed from my pin, and is one of my favouite things, geometry and nature and art all together for me, and stunning on black

and finally, I know how could there be more? three beautiful stained glass stars in lovely colours, little hanging treasures

sloth003 you have lifted my spirits today and totally put me in the holiday mood, which I needed, and thank you thank you thank you

may you have the most wonderful of holidays and a year of joy and peace

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013 12:45:16 PM by fancybutch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
courtneykilledit
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013 03:22:55 PM »

Great gallery so far! Love all the fun Christmas goodies!

My santa was Lindyv321 and OH MY GOSH I am so spoiled!!!!

The packages:

So nicely wrapped! And even a card!

The first thing I noticed were these extra goodies in the box. I have a six year old daughter who shares my frightening level of enthusiasm for the holidays, so these are going to be SO. MUCH. FUN.

The first present was this amazing winter scene. I'm not sure what these are called, but I want eight bazillion of them. So creative, cute, and fun! I love the tiny deer!

My next package:

SQUEEEAL!!!! I've wanted one of these for forever! It keeps yarn from getting all tangled up in my bag when I take projects with me. And it is so cute! I took it to a baby shower today and got so many compliments and questions asking where they could get one. I. LOVE. THIS. BAG.

And it was filled with goodies! I love nutcrackers and my daughter has commandeered the cocoa!

And it came with a super awesome hook roll, complete with hooks! Just what I needed!

She also somehow was clued into my deep, intense, obsessive, love of Doctor Who and sent me a hoop with my favorite doctor!! My husband actually squealed a little when I opened it. It looks great on my hoop wall!

And look at this beautiful holiday garland? Bunting? I'm great with names of things I can't make! It's so cute and looks great on our mantle! I LOVE Christmas decorations so much!

And last but not least....

OH MY GOD IT'S A DROP SPINDLE AND ALPACA ROVING!!!!!!! I've started making clumsy attempts at yarn already and it is so so so sosososososososososo cool!

Seriously, I have never been spoiled to this extent and I love it all so much! Thank you thank you thank you Lindyv321! You completely made my Christmas! I love everything and I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look from Versace Spring 2014
Get the Look from Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2014
Get the Look from Chanel Spring 2014
Get the Look from Christian Dior Spring 2014
Naomi Watts Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...