A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,739
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Mini Top Hats  (Read 465 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RikaHeart
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: December 06, 2013 06:09:00 AM »

I thought I show what I had left after my big sale for the Austim Got Talent Christmas Event in Fort Myers. Yes, there is a Bunny Hat there.

These Hats were a big hit!  I had made over 20 something hats and left over were 7.  I had a friend, my mom, and my grandmother, with another friend wearing them. The Ladies saw these and thought they were adorable!! I was selling them for 5 dollars because any of the money I made, 10% went to my Organization that we are building. Austim Connection of South West Florida.   I hope you guys like them!  We're having another event and I need help with some ideas! I love to see what you guys can help me come up with it. The Next event is in April.

The Hats were made from Felt, sticky foam like the Snowflakes. I had one with Outer Space, Two Snow Flakes Hats, There is a Reindeer Hat, a Tree Hat, and Reindeer and Tree Hat. Before I forget, I had a Halloween one. I forgot to take picture, but I had a request from a parent to make her a witch like halloween hat! Also they were glued with permanent Fabric Glue too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013 06:35:52 AM »

Ideas. How about more hats??? But just in a spring theme with flowers? Those Christmas ones are very cute. New ones in the Easter like colors, with silk flowers to decorate them with? You could also look up tutorials for some interesting hair bow ideas for barretes? And stuffies for little kids. Or pets. Those always sell well at craft fairs. Or something patriotic. That is all the rage these days. Wreaths are popular, too. But you would be getting into a higher price tag for those. I lived in Ft. Myers. There are a lot of wealthy people there who might shell out the extra bucks. Especially knowing that it is going for a good cause. Bless your heart.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
RikaHeart

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013 06:44:04 AM »

Ideas. How about more hats??? But just in a spring theme with flowers? Those Christmas ones are very cute. New ones in the Easter like colors, with silk flowers to decorate them with? You could also look up tutorials for some interesting hair bow ideas for barretes? And stuffies for little kids. Or pets. Those always sell well at craft fairs. Or something patriotic. That is all the rage these days. Wreaths are popular, too. But you would be getting into a higher price tag for those. I lived in Ft. Myers. There are a lot of wealthy people there who might shell out the extra bucks. Especially knowing that it is going for a good cause. Bless your heart.

~T

Really? I didn't know and At first, I wasn't sure my Hats would sell. Especially since the Event took place after Black Friday.  Thank you! I was trying to figure out how to make spring theme flower like, I was thinking of making the normal top hat and lined the white with petals like a Lily. Not sure if it'll come out. With the Felt, I had like 3 dollars in each ones with the stuff I had, so I made pretty good money too on my first day. I think I was the only one who sold a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013 01:27:10 PM »

Yup. Cape Coral is right next to Ft. Myers. And they have lots of money there, too. Daughter and I lived there for, well about 5 years. That is where she was born, so only count 4 years for her  Grin Since there was no window on my tummy for her to look out.

I have seen some really touching YouTubes for the cause that you are working on. Those kids are amazing. And very talented, even with the challenges they face. It puts the so called "normal" kids to shame, in my opinion. Those selfish little brats. They don't realize how good they have it. I am a "walk a mile in someone else's moccisin" type thinker. I have worked for the mentally and emotionally challenged, and wish to add art therapy to the mix. It warms my heart to know that you also care.

If I think of any more ideas, I will let you know. Most times for craft shows and such, it is a good idea to have a mix of price ranges. So even something small like refridgerator magnets, and broach/pins for scarfs/lapels. For people to share with you that are on a limited income. But also include some big ticket items.

Another thought, is to sell tickets for a drawing. It makes a great centerpiece for your display, and draws interest to your area. Perhaps a nice gift basket to give away? Filled with little treasures that are eyecatching? Oriental Trading Company is a good place to purchase the ticket blanks. 1-800-228-2269. They will send you a catalog. They are also available online at www.orientaltrading .com.

Oh, hey. Looking at their book just now. Can you make pinatas? You know, those things the kids smash at birthday parties to get out the candy? Those are usually good sellers, too. And not at all hard to make. You can help and teach kids how to do them. That is how simple they are. I am sure there are some YouTube tutorials to help with that idea.

I will add more as my brain wants to explode for you.  Cheesy

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
RikaHeart

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013 05:13:35 PM »

Yup. Cape Coral is right next to Ft. Myers. And they have lots of money there, too. Daughter and I lived there for, well about 5 years. That is where she was born, so only count 4 years for her  Grin Since there was no window on my tummy for her to look out.

I have seen some really touching YouTubes for the cause that you are working on. Those kids are amazing. And very talented, even with the challenges they face. It puts the so called "normal" kids to shame, in my opinion. Those selfish little brats. They don't realize how good they have it. I am a "walk a mile in someone else's moccisin" type thinker. I have worked for the mentally and emotionally challenged, and wish to add art therapy to the mix. It warms my heart to know that you also care.

If I think of any more ideas, I will let you know. Most times for craft shows and such, it is a good idea to have a mix of price ranges. So even something small like refridgerator magnets, and broach/pins for scarfs/lapels. For people to share with you that are on a limited income. But also include some big ticket items.

Another thought, is to sell tickets for a drawing. It makes a great centerpiece for your display, and draws interest to your area. Perhaps a nice gift basket to give away? Filled with little treasures that are eyecatching? Oriental Trading Company is a good place to purchase the ticket blanks. 1-800-228-2269. They will send you a catalog. They are also available online at www.orientaltrading .com.

Oh, hey. Looking at their book just now. Can you make pinatas? You know, those things the kids smash at birthday parties to get out the candy? Those are usually good sellers, too. And not at all hard to make. You can help and teach kids how to do them. That is how simple they are. I am sure there are some YouTube tutorials to help with that idea.

I will add more as my brain wants to explode for you.  Cheesy

~T

Ah. Thank you! I'm currently learning to make Crochet Tiaras and Crowns.  It's surprising that we're starting to known out there. In a way, I'm proud to be Austic.. Though alot of us Aspies wouldn't agree to that. I'm still learning alot and my wrist currently hurts from crocheting so much, We do alot of Raffling and trying to make stuff is kinda hard after my Dad died in April. So it really been hard for crafting abilities to take over again
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Megan Moore: The Revlon Makeover Challenge
Marianna Hewitt: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
Marianna Hewitt: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Serein Wu: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Miranda Mendoza: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...