A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Witch from the Woods  (Read 631 times)
Tags for this thread: witch , doll  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HalloweenTown

Halloween Town Creations!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 26, 2014 02:47:07 AM »

Two weeks ago, I had a stand in the Manga Festival in my island, and I wanted to make a special outfit. My stuff is always inspired by fantasy characters, so I  thought I would look nice in a witch dress  Cheesy
So I made a "mini me" for the Festival, to show everyone I can make a doll with the outfit you are wearing. I really love this doll, her dress was pretty easy to make, and so the felt hat. Hope you like her!  Cheesy

And this is me with my "Mini me"  Cheesy She is prettier than me, I forgot to make her glasses  Cheesy Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It was a long time ago, longer now than it seems
In a place that perhaps you've seen in your dreams...
gotgrey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014 06:21:59 AM »

Both you and the doll are lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014 07:01:04 AM »

How clever to show off your sewing talents!  Both you and your doll, dressed in matching outfits, are lovely!

Do you get a lot of requests to make your dolls from people in their own costumes/outfits?  I am curious because I have been asked to replicate wedding dresses for dolls.  I think it is is too much work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HalloweenTown

Halloween Town Creations!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014 07:42:33 AM »

How clever to show off your sewing talents!  Both you and your doll, dressed in matching outfits, are lovely!

Do you get a lot of requests to make your dolls from people in their own costumes/outfits?  I am curious because I have been asked to replicate wedding dresses for dolls.  I think it is is too much work.

Yes, it is too much work and people don't usually want to pay for it. People use to ask me to do dolls of their relates or friends, but once I've made a budget for an especific doll, they refuse to pay for it.
They think it is so expensive, but it has lot of work, as you said. And I don't wanna think about a wedding dress, but it would be such a beautiful work to make.
I don't know where you live, but here in Spain the idea of customized dolls for gifts is not very popular, people keep thinking "dolls? Thats for kids!" So sad! Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It was a long time ago, longer now than it seems
In a place that perhaps you've seen in your dreams...
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014 08:21:47 AM »

How interesting!  I have a collection of dolls and so did my mother and grandmother...I still enjoy making tiny clothes for dolls!

At least you make them and enjoy them...maybe someday it will become popular in your country!  I know the poppets are very popular here...and I love the outfits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014 10:29:18 AM »

She is quite amazing. What did you use for her hair? It looks so fluffy and full. You and your mini me are beautiful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014 11:11:15 AM »

I love your costume and the little witch to match.  So sweet. Maybe a little girl would like a costume for their doll to match one of their own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014 11:14:28 AM »

She looks lovely, I adore the matching dresses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChellyWood

ChellyWood.com: Doll Patterns and Tutorials

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014 08:48:03 PM »

Yes, it is too much work and people don't usually want to pay for it. People use to ask me to do dolls of their relates or friends, but once I've made a budget for an especific doll, they refuse to pay for it.
They think it is so expensive, but it has lot of work, as you said. And I don't wanna think about a wedding dress, but it would be such a beautiful work to make.
I don't know where you live, but here in Spain the idea of customized dolls for gifts is not very popular, people keep thinking "dolls? Thats for kids!" So sad! Embarrassed

My cousin is married to a Lebanese guy, and for Christmas this year, I'm sewing her a special Barbie dress in a traditional Lebanese folk costume style. My cousin is 30+ years old. She said she'd love to have one, but like you say, sometimes I think people don't realize how much work goes into duplicating a specific dress style.

My cousin appreciates my work though. When she was a little girl, I made her a Romeo and Juliet Barbie clothes set, and she still has all of those dresses for her dolls. When people truly appreciate your work, it's worth creating fancy productions for them.

I agree with all the other commenters who said your doll looks a lot like you! It's really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChellyWood.com: Doll Patterns and Tutorials
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Using Photoshop® Files in InDesign
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating Guides Using the Line Tool
Adobe Illustrator CS2 - How to Open Files from Bridge
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Transparency to a Gradient
Macromedia Flash 8 - Choosing a Gradient Overflow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...