A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
703 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles --December 5, 2013 - February 28, 2014  (Read 45019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #540 on: February 28, 2014 07:57:54 PM »

I used to watch Dr. Who as a kid, but then never watched another episode until a few months ago (I was visiting someone and they were watching... and I got sucked right in...). I think I need to go back as far as I can and then get myself all caught up again Smiley

And, here is my final project for this round!

Battle/Challenge:  January- Old School (Ferris Beuller's Day Off- 1986)
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: Nighthawks Notebook
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: As a kid, I had the game "Masterpiece" and one of the paintings was Edward Hopper's Nighthawks. I would always bid on it (and eventually, everyone figured that they should always make it the "forgery," because I'd buy it, no matter what!). One of my favorite movies from the 80's is Ferris Beuller's Day Off, and one of my favorite scenes is when they visit the Art Institute of Chicago. One of the paintings they look at is Nighthawks.  At a thrift store, I found a "Masterpiece" game, and the painting was still part of the set, so I knew I had to make myself a notebook. I used my Zutter Bind-It-All (and fixed my day 2014 planner while I was at it). I made 2 others for my friend and her daughter (they were with me when I found the game at the thrift store and they each picked out a painting). I used scrap paper from school (diagrams of volcanic landforms on one side... I ran off too many) for the pages and cereal box cardboard for the back cover. I realized that I punched mine on the wrong side (I'm not a lefty), but I can just turn it sideways to use it.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #541 on: February 28, 2014 08:39:55 PM »

Whew! Just made it in under the wire with my last project!

Battle/Challenge:  Feb Battle Royale- classic cartoons
Team:Wordy
Bonus Points:n/a
Project Name: Darkwing domino pendant
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I LOVE Darkwing Duck!  I'm so excited that I thought of a way to  incorporate him into the Games!  I made a domino pendant featuring my favorite "terror that flaps in the night"! 
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: February 28, 2014 09:23:03 PM »

Season finale project dump!  Grin  Since many of these are for swap partners who haven't received, I will be posting links instead of photos for some of the items.

Battle/Challenge: December - Marching to Your Own Drum
Team: Multimedia
Project Name:
Origami Crane ATC
Brief Description: As a Japanese major in college, and a language instructor now, I have a deep love of all things Japanese.  This origami-themed ATC features a crane cut-out design, paying homage to the culture that plays such a big role in my life.
Project Link: http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t556/vincentvanbuck/ATC%20Swaps/photo5.jpg

Battle/Challenge: December - Theme Song
Project Name:
"Escape from the Emerald City: A Steampunk Fantasy" ATC
Brief Description: I chose "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as my theme song.  It is such a wonderfully iconic song, and always manages to touch me.  It has also been covered and updated many times, so you can see that my vision of Oz has also been updated with a little steampunk goodness.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: January - Twenty-Sided Die
Project Name:
"I Will Exterminate Your Unhappiness!" Stamp
Brief Description: I rolled an 11, so I crafted this stamp featuring 11 bumps (and one wonky-shaped heart  Wink )
Project Link: http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t556/vincentvanbuck/IWEYU.jpg

Battle/Challenge: February - UFO
Bonus: Purple
Project Name:
Tree Octopus Mutant Doll
Brief Description: I had been working on this doll for the Loyal Mutant Swap, but had to take a break from it for a couple weeks to finish hunting down all my supplies.  It was a relief when I managed to get everything and finally finish it!  The idea is, my partner came up with a list of "ingredients", and I merged as many of them as I could into a single mutant (tentacles, owls, yarn, lace knitting, shawls, pinecones, and buttons).
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: February - Superfan
Project Name:
Hello Avenger
Brief Description: This is another stamp I made for the Hand-Carved Stamp Swap, combining two separate fandoms.
Project Link: http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t556/vincentvanbuck/HKT.jpg

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
    Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
    LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
    « Reply #543 on: February 28, 2014 10:25:20 PM »

The Winter Nerd Battles are CLOSED.
    Please feel free to continue giving lots of love to the projects posted in this thread!

Thank you to all players and staff for a truly amazing season!

For more Nerdy crafting head over to the Spring Nerd Battles thread.  For Nerd Battle discussions and progress chat visit the Nerd Battles Discussion Board.

Stay tuned for the Winter Nerd Battles Award Ceremony in the coming days!
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2014 12:03:58 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #544 on: February 28, 2014 11:49:19 PM »

~*Congratulations, Anime*~
    You have won the February Battle Royale!

For sad Mickeys:

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

*Once revealed, a badge can be found in the Badge Center.*
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #545 on: March 01, 2014 01:28:24 AM »

anime won even without my help!  yay!!!  congrats to my fellow anime lovers!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
    Always in need of things like these!!!
    Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
    LOTS of fabric available too!!
    Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #546 on: March 01, 2014 06:33:02 AM »

Those purses are all so interesting, Calabaza!  I especially like the stained glass ones.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
    LovelyMiss

« Reply #547 on: March 01, 2014 02:15:47 PM »

Ludi - I LOVE your Art Bomb!  Beautifully made, and what a fun thing to find!  I love that you pointed people to Craftster, too.  Grin  Go you, doing ALL THE THINGS!  With your TWO research projects you crafted the most projects this season!

Smeddley - You've been a great participant!  I'm glad you got your projects posted.  I love the art pages, especially the music girl!  Your miniatures look great, and the Operation Beautiful cards are awesome!

Calabaza - I love all of your Macaroon purses!  The orange is super cute, and I like how you did the stained glass designs!  And Firefly...yay!

craftADDchick - Those notebooks are too cool!  How did I miss out on that game when I was a kid?  I love the artwork you all picked out for the covers, and that you made them with scrap papers!

bunny1kenobi - Do it!  Watch Doctor Who.  I'm sorry in advanced, but it's so worth it!  Grin  I love Darkwing Duck, too!  Great pendant.

vincentvanbuck - Great ATCs!  I LOVE your exterminate stamp!  Ahh, soo cute!  Your mutant is awesome...man, I wish I would have joined that swap!  Your Hello Avenger stamp is adorable, too!

seriously?!  that's just regular hot glue?!  you mean I don't really need to buy the "special" stick things from Mod Podge?!  MUST.  BUY.  SILICONE MOLDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh this is just too cool!!!

Yep, just regular hot glue!  I just couldn't handle the $9 price for so few of the fancy Mod sticks, especially after I saw how much hot glue it takes to fill the molds!  I'm glad you're going to give it a try...it's super addicting!  And now I'm on the lookout everywhere for shallow-ish silicone molds!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #548 on: March 01, 2014 05:10:24 PM »

Thank you, Lovely Miss!  The Bomb seemed to disappear during the time it took my husband and me to walk away from the monument and get in the car....we couldn't see it when we drove around the park.... Shocked  I hope someone keeps it and didn't just throw it away.
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
    Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #549 on: March 01, 2014 05:20:09 PM »

seriously?!  that's just regular hot glue?!  you mean I don't really need to buy the "special" stick things from Mod Podge?!  MUST.  BUY.  SILICONE MOLDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh this is just too cool!!!

Yep, just regular hot glue!  I just couldn't handle the $9 price for so few of the fancy Mod sticks, especially after I saw how much hot glue it takes to fill the molds!  I'm glad you're going to give it a try...it's super addicting!  And now I'm on the lookout everywhere for shallow-ish silicone molds!

totally going to buy maybe one mold from Michaels with a 40% off coupon.  I have TONS of hot glue.  this is so exciting!!!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
    Always in need of things like these!!!
    Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
    LOTS of fabric available too!!
    Threads you might like:
    Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 Jump to page:
      Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
    only results with images
    include swap threads
    advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
    Bad News Bannister: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
    Bald and the Beautiful: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
    Spam Kulebiak with Peggy Linberg in Upland, CA
    Award-Winning Chili With Christine Knight-Ober in San Antonio, TX
    Southern Tomato Pie Recipe
    Latest Blog Articles
    @Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
    January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
    January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
    Become a
    Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
    Buy Craft Supplies
    Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
    Moderators

Follow Craftster...