A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,316
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles --December 5, 2013 - February 28, 2014  (Read 57725 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #510 on: February 26, 2014 05:27:01 PM »

Those little bottles are brilliant! Now, I want to seek out a Lite-Brite at a thrift store...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #511 on: February 26, 2014 05:34:15 PM »

Just because I'm worried that time will get by me and I won't get my last few projects posted (or finished), here are the three that are done.

Battle/Challenge:  February- Zombie Apocalypse
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: Smoothie Stash
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: One of the things that always gets me when I'm watching The Walking Dead is how they are always scrounging for food. Since I didn't do any canning recently, I did a different version of food preservation (note to self: buy a generator to make sure you have a freezer for a while after the zombie apocalypse hits). I made up a bunch of smoothie stash packs and put them in the freezer (note to self: figure out how to hook up the blender to a bicycle generator, since you need to save the generator fuel to run the freezer for as long as possible). I have 7 packs of what I call my "Sunshine Smoothie," which contains grated carrots, pumpkin puree, peaches and pineapple. I'll add some juice before blending. The other one is a green smoothie base of kale, spinach and lime juice, with a a few chunks of Granny Smith apple thrown in (because that's all I had for green stuff on hand). I'm trying to eat better, and my biggest problem is that I tend to buy a bunch of fresh produce, then I'm not home for dinner for several days, and everything turns to mush. Now, I have another option! And, it makes me happy that I can eat a different color of the rainbow every day of the week (or I will, once I do some more shopping Smiley ).

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  February Flash Mob- Valentine's Day
Project Name: Just "Write" Pencils
Brief Description: Due to a ban on handing out candy & baked goods at school, it's necessary to take a different, more scholarly route for the holidays. So, I tend to stock up on the holiday-themed pencils when I hit the dollar store. This year, I had grand plans to make each pencil into an arrow, with a heart for the point of the arrow. But, when I decided to make them for the entire team (and make enough extras so that every student had their choice in pencil pattern), I realized that, even with the Silhouette doing the cutting, it would be a ton of work for something that would only get tossed into the recycle bin. So, when I ran across a printable online (sorry, I can't remember the source!), I was able to print them out on the color printer at school (Monday... because we had snow days on the 13th and 14th, and then a week of vacation). I didn't fussy cut the hearts (recycle bin fodder, after all), I just taped them onto the pencils (120 of them), dividing them into bags of 30 for each homeroom on the team. Kids always need pencils... Smiley

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  December- Throw a Little Glitter On It
Project Name: Rhinestone Note Cards
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Sunday, I went to a card making workshop with some friends, and one of the cards was supposed to have little pearl accents on it. But, tucked in with the pearls was a sheet of rhinestones, so I used them on 2 of my cards. The cards were supposed to be sympathy cards, but I'll use the blinged out versions for something else and add the sympathy sentiment to the pearl one, should I need it.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #512 on: February 26, 2014 06:47:18 PM »

Battle/Challenge:  February Talk Nerdy To Me
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points:
Project Name: vintage button necklace
Brief Description: I made this bib necklace with a plethora of buttons. (Plethora meaning, overabundance, for any who have not seen  "The Three Amigos"  Grin)
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79

« Reply #513 on: February 27, 2014 01:56:49 AM »

craftADDchick- those smoothies sound delicious.  The Valentines are adorable.  I love those cards, so pretty!

bunny1kenobi- that necklace is gorgeous!

Well, here are my last two prompts, finished Smiley

Battle/Challenge:  February Zombie Apocalypse
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Zombie Cat
Brief Description: Even pets are affected in the zombie apocalypse and here is one cat who got bit.  Poor thing, it's all funky and deformed but that's how zombies are right?  This is for the monster swap going on right now and I knew I had to post a pic before sending it out so I could get it in on time, so link only for now.
Project Picture: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/153540_27Feb14_20140227_013626_1_.jpg

Battle/Challenge:  January Theme Song
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Raindrops keep falling on my head
Brief Description: I have been thinking about what my theme song would be and this finally popped into my head.  I have been having some not so good days lately and letting them rule my life thinking this was the best there is.  After listening to this song and reading the lyrics, it totally fits with my new mantra, its not a bad life its a bad day. So even if the raindrops keep falling, I gotta keep my head up and not let little things worry me because things get better and the sad days are not going to be around forever.  The sun will shine again!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 335 total (swaps/friends and family)
50 projects in 2015 page 79
7/50 F&F
43/50 swa
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: February 27, 2014 12:22:46 PM »

bunny1kenobi Those bottles are ADORABLE!!! Also awesome word choice! I love the button necklace, it definitely is a plethora!
craftADDchick Those smoothies look yummy! And the pencils and note cards are cute!
crazyda79 I love the swap item and what a great theme song!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Nerding along...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #515 on: February 27, 2014 12:51:21 PM »

I can sure empathize with that feeling, crazyda.  Great theme song to help keep it away!

Battle/Challenge:  February - Talk Nerdy to Me
Team:  Wordy
Bonus Points:
Project Name:  Siphuncle
Brief Description:  Siphuncle is the word for a tube of tissue which penetrates the internal shell of  cephalopods in the family Sepiidae, allowing the creature to change buoyancy.  For whenindoubtsew.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014 02:41:44 PM by Ludi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds

http://ernestthesiger.org
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #516 on: February 27, 2014 01:08:33 PM »

cutest cephalopod... I love the color you chose, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #517 on: February 27, 2014 02:09:36 PM »

craftADDchick - What a great idea for the smoothies!  Love the pencils, too.  I thought the same thing about my Valentines this year...why take so much time for recycle bin fodder?!  Great solution!  Your cards are also very pretty.

bunny1kenobi - Wow, awesome necklace!

crazyda79 - Haha, zombie cat is adorable!  Great theme song artwork, too!

Ludi - I agree with bunny1, love that bright cephalopod!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Nerding along...

« Reply #518 on: February 27, 2014 04:16:14 PM »

Battle/Challenge:  February - Battle Royale - Anime
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Calcifer
Brief Description:  From Howls Moving Castle directed by Hayao Miyazaki.  For a swap with whenindoubtsew.

Battle/Challenge:  January - Twenty sided die
Bonus Points:
Project Name:  Eeek!  Dont Look!
Brief Description:  2 characters, for a swap. http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/123133_27Feb14_dontlook.jpg

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014 02:40:14 PM by Ludi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds

http://ernestthesiger.org
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #519 on: February 27, 2014 06:35:33 PM »

Battle/Challenge:  February- Welcome to Juarassic Park
Project Name: Dinosaur Desk Supplies
Brief Description: The stegosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs, so I made sure to include one as part of my desk supply jars. I glued the plastic dinosaur toys to the tops of the jar lids and then spray painted them. I added a bit of washi tape to cover up the edges a bit where the spray paint didn't quite cover. I will fill them with tacks (so I don't keep jabbing myself every time I dig through my desk drawer), paper clips (because I never seem to have enough on hand), and rubber bands (because I need a place to put them when I take them away from my students).

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  January- Twenty-Sided Die (I used Random.org and got the number 2)
Project Name: Water Tracking Bottles
Brief Description: I don't drink nearly enough water during the day (partly because I can't just dash to the bathroom with a room full of 6th graders). Knowing that water keeps me from getting a headache from dehydration and that water is essential  for the various chemical reactions in the body, I need to start drinking more. After seeing this idea posted by a former colleague who is now a fitness coach, I knew I needed to make something like it. It marks the time of day when I should have that amount of water consumed. I did a double set of times (8 am, 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm coupled with 4 pm, 6 pm, 8 pm, 10 pm) so that I could grab either bottle. Her version was made with Sharpie on a Nalgene bottle, but I opted for a couple of smooth-sided quart Mason jars, and some glass etching cream. I cut the stencils out with my Silhouette, and now I have the perfect reminder of how much water I need to drink during the day! I made 2 jars so I can fill them up before I leave for work (the water in the town I teach in is pretty gross tasting). I have a Cuppow! lid (BPA free) with a stainless steel straw.  Now, fingers crossed my body adjusts to the increased water intake and the limited times I can go to the bathroom!

Project Picture:

I have 1 more project I might be able to get done tomorrow (after work, before my evening event), so I'll bring the supplies with me (it's pretty much just the final assembly). Two others I thought I'd get done tonight didn't happen. One is a gift, so I didn't want to mess it up, and the other involved some little rubber snakes that I spray-painted bronze, but then I couldn't figure out what to do with them (They were just a smidgen too big for earrings and I didn't want to make something just to make it).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014 06:41:59 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Styling Tips
How to Get Red Carpet Ready Hair
Unique Parting Tips
Onesta Beautiful Hair Foam Review
How to Create Beach Curl Waves
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...