A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles --December 5, 2013 - February 28, 2014  (Read 38512 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2013 07:48:40 PM »

I have been busy rotating between being lazy and crafty since Christmas. I should have time to check out what has happened in the gallery since I was last at work tomorrow and comment. Sorry! But here's what I have been doing instead of internet-ing....

Battle/Challenge: December - Marching to your own drum
Team: wordy
Bonus Points: none
Project Name: A Home for Alice
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I never ever keep any of my artwork. I give it all away. You know how it is, all you see are the flaws and it drives you batty! My husband wanted my work up in the house and was getting really aggravated at me so we did a compromise, I would put up art work as long as it was Fairy Tale based. I thought he would back down. He called my bluff. So this is the first in a four piece set I will make for my home. It's totally me because it is a drawing and I love to draw and doodle all the time. It is done in Copic markers, my favorite medium. And it's fairy tale based which I love too.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014 09:16:32 AM by gozer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amymarie78

« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2013 04:53:26 AM »

Alice is amazing!  I would hang any artwork like that in my house for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BriannaB03
« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2013 06:25:22 AM »

Gozer I am in love with your picture of Alice!  She is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2013 08:17:44 AM »

Gozer that is AMAZING!  I would hang that up in an instant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2013 08:26:16 AM »

That Alice is incredible. Nice work

Challenge: Dec. Flash Mob
Team: Wordy
Project Name: Christmas Cake
I made this cake to take for dessert at a family dinner. The sponge was marbled red and green and then decorated with red and green buttercream. I used this recipe for the sponge: http://cakecentral.com/a/simple-moist-white-cake-scratch-wasc and then added wilton food colouring to the mix. The icing is red and green buttercream and green dust.

Challenge: Festivus
Team: Wordy
Project Name: Ladybug cookies
I made a bunch of these cookies to give out to visitors over the holidays.
Recipe: (makes 24 cookies)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 cup flour

cream butter and icing sugar. gradually add flour, mixing until it forms into a dough.
Wrap and refrigerate dough overnight.
To shape cookies just pull off pieces and form into small ball type shapes.
Bake at 350F for 10 mins.
To decorate I used a spray icing to get the red and some black decorating icing to get the black spots.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013 08:55:44 AM by coulsenl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2013 03:28:11 PM »

Battle/Challenge:  December Mob- Winter Solstice
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: Mega Snowflake
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: If we haven't had any school snow days by the Winter Solstice, it's worth celebrating, because that means we have some to spare for when winter is actually here (and maybe we'll need them this week because school is back in session on Thursday, but about a foot of snow is heading our way!). Also, I teach the seasons, and the solstices (and equinoxes) all happen during the school year (sadly, we're usually still in school on the Summer Solstice). This snowflake was supposed to be a small ornament done with a size 6 hook and some crochet thread, but it wasn't working too well, so when I hit the store today, I picked up some Wool-Ease Thick & Quick (in Fisherman, which is not really white... but after a day around here, most of the snow isn't really white anyway) and used a size N hook. That single snowflake is about 14" across (and it'll probably be a bit larger once it's properly blocked... once I read up on the best way to block a wool/acrylic blend). I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it... I'm toying with the idea of painting an embroidery hoop white and stitching it to the hoop (I have a book that shows how to crochet around the hoop, and I may try that, catching the snowflake it the stitches as I go), but I haven't fully decided. I could also put some sort of border around it (a circle, probably) and then turn it into the top of a pillow. But, at this moment, I like the hoop idea better!

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2013 04:37:30 PM »

Beautiful snowflake!

I've been crafting TONS but been quite neglectful on the picture-taking and editing end of things. I will get on that. My first New Year's resolution! And I've gotten a bit of a head start, sneaking in on the last day to get those points...

Battle/Challenge:  December battle (HP)
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points: -
Project Name: Tea Huck Embroidered Tea Towel
Project Page Link (if available): none, yet
Brief Description: Tea and sympathy, anyone? The beverage pops up frequently in the Harry Potter series. Here's a huck embroidered tea towel featuring a tea pot (with a heart. Awww.)
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  December flash mob
Bonus Points: -
Project Name: Huck embroidered tea towel
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: To be given as a Christmas gift. The pattern kind of reminds me of snowflakes, too, especially with the cream-on-white.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2013 05:08:40 PM »

Lovely Alice, gozer!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2013 06:18:22 PM »

Battle/Challenge: December Battle Royale (Hunger Games)
Bonus Points: N/A
Project Name:  Bread
Brief Description: I was going to do a Twilight project, but decided to bake some Hunger Games/Peeta bread instead.  Cheesy  No-knead, rustic style.  It was my first time baking bread, and it was super easy, and super delicious.  Recipe here (outside link).  My picture isn't nearly as pretty as at the blog, but it's mostly taste that matters, right?  Cheesy  I got to test out my new baking stone that I got for Christmas, too! 

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2013 07:06:07 PM »

Battle/Challenge:  December Battle- Harry Potter
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: Golden Snitch
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: I saw a pendant of a Golden Snitch on Craftster a while ago, and have been wanting to make one ever since.  There were many challenges to overcome: 1) I had to find the right beads for the wings; 2) Once I found them and ordered them, I had to find where I put them in the house; 3) I had to find the right beads for the golden part; 4) Once I found something close enough, I had to find where I put them in the house; 5) When I couldn't find where I put them in the house, I had to find a suitable replacement; 6) Once I had a suitable replacement, I had to find where I put my bead tools in the house; 7) When I couldn't find all of the bead tools, I used what I had on hand (flat nose pliers and wire cutters).

Thus we have the Golden Snitch pendant you see here. I used something called a prayer charm for the Snitch's golden ball (it has a hinge and the top half flips up), and some silver (plated) wings, all connected (rather crudely) together with eye pins (with a second, very poorly made loop added to attach it to the ball). I was hoping to sandwich the wire between the halves of the ball, but then the ball wouldn't close. If I ever find the beads I have somewhere, I will probably re-make it. And, once I find my round-nosed beading pliers, I will definitely re-make it. But for now, it is recognisable! And, perhaps tomorrow, in celebration of the New Year, I may dig out the first HP movie and watch it while I clean house!

Project Picture:

Note: I have the wings arranged for the photo to be in that particular position. When I lift the pendant up, the wings hang straight down. If I can figure out a way to get the wings facing the way I want, I will most definitely re-make it. I might be able to do it with glue (if I glue the eye pin straight along the back hinge of the bead), but I'm still not sure if they'll stick straight out. I'll have to think on this... and am open to suggestions!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013 07:14:06 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lauren Conrad Shows How to Brighten Up Your Fall Wardrobe with Yellow
Your Guide to the Best Halloween Costumes for 2012
Flattering Plus-Size Styles, from Tim Gunn
Tim Gunn: Designing Clothes For Plus-Sized Women
I Have DD Boobs And A Flat Butt! What Do You Wear?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...