A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Winter Nerd Battles --December 5, 2013 - February 28, 2014 - Join Anytime!  (Read 29698 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stillatthetop
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2013 09:51:19 PM »

Too, cute on yours, but I hope you mean separate toothbrushes  Grin I wouldn't share mine with the dogs.  Roll Eyes
Daughter loves penguins, so I have been collecting those for her, as well. Very nicely done. I like the reversable idea. I have never thought of that.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
bunny1kenobi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2013 05:36:38 AM »

Battle/Challenge:  Dec 2013  Flash mob
Team:  Wordy
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: Christmas Orange Bread
Project Page Link (if available):  
Brief Description:  I make this every year at Christmas and I make a ton of them - my husband always claims one entire loaf for himself and refuses to share it.  He says it is one of my Christmas gifts to him.  This year, this bread took me 2 stinking days to make. But it's done and I'm enjoying eating it!
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013 05:38:03 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2013 10:52:06 AM »

That bread sure looks yummy!   Smiley

Battle/Challenge:  December - UFO
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points: none
Project Name: Apron
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description:  Finally finished an apron for myself.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2013 11:33:39 AM »

Thanks, Ludi!  I couldn't live without an apron.  Coz I'm a klutz and I'd be wearing EVERYTHING without one,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2013 01:54:21 PM »

I must have a snitch ear bud holder!!!!!!!

That cardinal is amazing!

Love the stockings!  I need to find the stockings my grandma sent me year ago.  I am sure they are lost somewhere at my parents house.

The bread looks delish! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I like to craft and cook, come see...
My Blog

50 Projects in 2013
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2013 10:27:58 PM »

Challenge: Bag of Holding
Team: Multimedia
Project Name:Neon Phone Warmer Cozy
My sister has an HTC One, which is an all metal phone. It's nice for durability but it's unpleasant to hold during the winter because, like all metal things, it gets extremely cold. So I crocheted up a cozy for it. The cozy is a little short but she wanted it that way.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #126 on: December 25, 2013 08:26:34 PM »

gozer - Love the bag!  I have wanted to make one kinda like that forever, I've never managed to convince myself I'd succeed.  That one looks amazing.

amymarie78 - Nice scarf!  I like the buttons.

bunny1kenobi - Pretty Hunger Games pendant, how did you make it?  I love quote pendants.  Cheesy  I also ADORE the Consider this Diem Carped t-shirt, and I know a LOT of bellydancers that would love to get their hands on that Egyptian pendant!

FreakieGeekie - Hahahaha!  I love ugly sweater party Vinnie!  That is a genius sweater on him!

lindyv321 - Nice owl bag!  And the glittery ornament is pretty... but the little snowmen tags are even cuter!

amymarie78 - Such cute little fruit!

vincentvanbuck - Mmmmm, cookies!

craftADDchick - Amazing t-shirts, I am in awe of your work!

Ludi - DO I even have to say how much I like your work?  Wink  That cardinal is gorgeous!

BriannaB03 - Awww, nice stocking and the puppies names are a sweet touch.  I hope he loved it!  The little Christmas Angel is adorable, too!  Oh, my, and the penguin stocking!  So freakin' cute!

BadWolf314 - Love love love the little snitch bag!  And the River Song journal.  And the triangle book.  I want to make a triangle book now...

And, finally, I have projects to post!

Battle/Challenge:   December - A festivus for the rest of us.
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: None
Project Name: Hat
Brief Description: A resident in one of the nursing homes we dance at was turning 103 the day we were going to be there.  The head of the charity foundation we work with casually mentioned it would be awesome if we could just "make something" for her.  So I knitted like the wind to try to get this hat done in three days.  I managed, but it was a close one...

Battle/Challenge:   December - Bag of holding
Project Name: Dice Bag
Brief Description: We were playing D&D this month, and a new member of the group mentioned she'd like a dice bag... so I made this for her while we played.  It's a lot prettier in person, the triangle shape doesn't seem to lend itself well to photography!
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:   December - Marching to your own drum zills
Project Name: Dragon Zill Holder
Brief Description: It doesn't get much more "own drum" than something you designed, does it?  I saw a need (zill bag) and filled it with my own silly concoction (dragon).  Cheesy
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: December 25, 2013 08:37:33 PM by Smeddley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2013 04:30:43 AM »

Had some trouble posting yesterday all day - some internet issues me thinks. Smiley

Sooooo ... here are my first Challenge contributions!! Smiley

Battle/Challenge: DECEMBER - A Festivus for the rest of us
Project Name: A Christmas Mug Rug
Brief Description:
I decided to make a mug rug for my MIL this year - she likes her cuppa's, and usually they just use small wooden coasters, so I thought this would be quite nice for Christmas.

I had some trouble with the pattern (still not 100% happy about it), still a "beginner" in Mug ruggin' Wink

Battle/Challenge: DECEMBER - Throw a little Glitter on it
Project Name: You were meant to kneel (Loki Mug Rug)
Brief Description:
I made this mug rug for the Geeky Christmas Swap here, it's a double sided mug rug, and this side is one of my swap partner's favorite Loki Quotes. I've embroidered the quote and Loki's helmet free hand (with an embroidered helmet on the laptop as guideline) - due to me missing my sewing chalk! Shocked
It's embroidered in glittery gold metallic cross stitch thread. Smiley

Battle/Challenge: DECEMBER - Marching to your own Drum
Project Name: Anyone know Ted Kord? (Mug Rug)
Brief Description:
Given the mug rugs I've been sewing lately, I think it might be my new "drum" ... but I'm not sure with all the other crafts still lingering in the background. Smiley  It's a bit "marching to my own drum" in the way that hubby is a biiiig Blue Beetle (Ted Kord version) fan, and being one of the more "unknown" DC Characters I'll always have to make a handmade present for him to give him something with his logo. Smiley

Battle/Challenge: DECEMBER FLASH MOB Celebrate the holidays
Project Name: NFL Baubles
Brief Description:
Christmas Baubles are a big part of Christmas at least in our household. And it's always a bit of a problem to get nice fandom/geeky ones, unless you decide to make them yourself. Smiley So I made 4 different baubles, 3x NFL team ones and one DC Character one (yup, you guessed it another Ted Kord one! Wink ). Couldn't find any clear glass baubles for reasonable price, so used plastic photo baubles which I had in my crafting stash for AGES!! Use a litte acrylic paint inside and then used clear drying art potch style glue to a) glue on the printed logo and b) to seal the logo in. Idea came from something I found on pinterest.

For the next time I think I'll glue the logos on the inside of the bauble and seal, then add the acrylic paint. Will see how that goes. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2013 08:53:10 AM »

Battle/Challenge:  December Marching to Your Own Drum
Project Name: Eat Like A Hobbit Day
Brief Description: I probably should have made this a research project with as much work as I ended up putting into it, but oh well. At our house we LOVE to have movie days/nights and I tend to go a bit overboard with themed food and such. So the day we went to watch the newest Hobbit movie we decided to make a day of it. So we ate like Hobbits- that would be 7 meals. I honestly didn't take great pictures, but I'm not a photographer. It was super fun, but I may need a year to recover =)
Project Picture:

First Breakfast - Scones
Second Breakfast- Hobbit Holes (split jalapeno cheese bagels with an egg) and Sausages
Elevensies- Apple Pastries with Grapes
Luncheon- Meats, Cheeses, Breads, Tomatoes, Pickles, Carrots....
Tea- Seedcake & Honeycake with teas
Dinner- Mushroom, Kale, & PoTaTo Soup
Supper- Prime Rib with a Salad

Battle/Challenge: December Battle Royale- Harry Potter
Team: Mutlimedia
Project Name: Gryffindor Doll Quilt
Brief Description: Doll Quilt made in Gryffindor Colors
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  December Throw a Little Glitter on it
Team:Multimedia
Project Name: Super Cape
Brief Description: My nephew's Birthday was a week ago. He wanted a cape, but not a specific super hero, just a cape. So I made him this reversible orange and olive cape. He wouldn't sit still for any pictures, but luckily my hubby was being goofy and I just happened to click one of him while he was wooshing. Where the glitter comes in is the olive fabric has gold threads through it and I used gold thread to top stitch (I'm also banned from using glitter in the house anymore, it's a summer outside craft for me  Sad We're still getting it out of the carpet from my last time.) These don't show up well at all on the picture though.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: December Festivus for the Rest of Us
Project Name: Doll Bed & Pillows
Brief Description: This is a gift for my friends niece that we made for her. Hubby cut the wood we put it together and painted it. Then I made the mattress and pillows. PS It went with the Gryffindor Doll Quilt
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2013 05:46:15 PM »

Battle/Challenge:  December: Bag of Holding
Bonus Points: Engineering (10 points)
Project Name: Pizza bag
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430373.new
Brief Description: When my step-dad used to run out to pick up the pizza, he would wrap it in his jacket to keep it hot on the way home (and to and from the car). When I realized that, I made him an insulated bag, just like the delivery guys had (and then I made his neighbor one, too!). Well, at some point, the outside of the bag got melted on a hot pipe, and he needed a new one. Last Christmas, I tried to make one for him, but because I never wrote down how I made the others, I used a method that just didn't work. So, this year, I tried again and was successful (although the bias binding came out a bit messy...but he didn't care)! But, since this one is in FL, I need to make one more for when they head back north for the summer. Fortunately, I have a few months Smiley

Project Picture:

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013 06:26:00 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Etsy Shop Offers Lion Mane Hats for Cats
How to Build Pine Cone Bird Feeders
How to Make Potato Stamps
How to Make Damask Towel Curtains
How to Make a Candy Cane Reindeer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...