A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Winter Nerd Battles --December 5, 2013 - February 28, 2014 - Join Anytime!  (Read 29850 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ezri_B
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2013 06:51:18 PM »

CraftADDchick what a great idea! I think I need one of those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2013 07:43:39 AM »

Ezri_B, those meals look scrumptious and the doll things are like something out of a magazine  Shocked Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2013 08:49:15 AM »

Inselaeffchen - Nice Mug Rugs and Ornamaents, though I don't agree with your team choices as shown...  Wink  Also, I think I see a familiar face in one of those pictures!

Ezri_B - That's a lot of cooking in one day!  It all looks good, though.  ANd I love the quilt and the doll bed!

craftADDchick - I used to deliver pizza, and it did occur to me more than once to "lose" one of those deliver bags before I left...  Cheesy  Luckily we only live half a mile from the pizza place now, but it'd still be hnady...

Battle/Challenge: December Battle Royale - Harry Potter
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: None
Project Name: Hufflepuff Bookmark
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) Knitted bookmark I started for a Harry Potter swap (Hufflepuff!), but didn't finish because of time constraints.  It's double-knit (the picture shows the front and back) and, most annoyingly, I had thin yellow yarn but had to split some 4-ply black yarn, so a lot of knots and untwisting and it made it really hard to knit.  And I made on paw print slightly larger.  But it's done, finally - 2-ply yarn on size 1 needles:

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: December Flash Mob - Christmas, and Candy Canes!
Project Name: Candy Cane Jane
Brief Description: What says Christmas more than Candy Canes?  Okay, besides trees and presents.  And religious things.  And Santa.... okay, it's a bit down the list, but candy canes are very Christmas-y, and for our Christmas performances and the nirsing homes I danced to Candy Cane Jane and had to make a candy cane costume!  I made the skirt, shrug, vest, and tassel belt, and the snowballs that they threw at me during the performance, the giant candy cane was made by a friend of mine (he bent the PVC, I put on the red duct tape).

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: December UFO: "metallic"
Bonus Points: Metallic!
Project Name: Tiara
Brief Description: This one has been sitting partially finished for months because I ran out of 28-guage wire to wrap the bottom edge in beads.  I finally got more wire, and finished putting the seed beads along the bottom.  DONE!

Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: December - Throw a little glitter on it
Project Name: Turbans
Brief Description:  They're for a friend who dances professionally at a restaurant, and puts them on the guys she pulls up to teach them bellydance.  It's about as glittery as I'm allowed to get, as loose glitter is frowned upon in this house...

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2013 08:57:20 AM »

Smeddley, I love all your projects! They are marvelous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2013 09:11:55 AM »

I love your costume, Smeddley!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2013 09:33:17 AM »

Smeddley, love your costume, Turbans, bookmarks (knitted - new idea there for me??) and tiara. Smiley As for the teams - hubby doesn't agree with the choice either - they were for friends and BIL, all 3 teams are BIG no-nos, given DH supports the Dolphins. Wink

craftADDchick: Oh, have to look into making one of those Pizza Bags! What a great idea!!

Ezri_B: LOVING the Eat like a hobbit Day - fab idea!! The Super Cape, lap quilt and dolls bed/pillows are great, too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BriannaB03
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2013 06:20:48 PM »

Battle/Challenge:  Dec 2013 December Battle: Harry Potter
Team: TEXTBOOK
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: HP mug rug
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Its a mug rug!  Grin  Harry Potter themed. I used Harry Potter cookies as an inspiration for the "HP."  A golden snitch, and a deathly hollows necklace for the center square.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2013 08:27:50 PM »

BriannaB3 - Glad you're playing along this season!  I love your stockings!  They are adorable.  Super cool mug rug, too!

BadWolf314 - That headphone snitch is genius!  Your notebooks are also awesome! 

Ludi - Beautiful cardinal, as always!  I really like how you've been finishing your hoops with the border.  So pretty!  And you manage to get it lined up so perfectly!  Great apron, too...I need one of those.  Cheesy

bunny1kenobi
- DELICIOUS looking bread!  I think I'd claim a whole loaf for myself, too.  Cheesy

FreakieGeekie - Awesome phone cozy!  I love that neon yarn!  I'm always losing my phone, so that might be a good way to help me keep track of it.  Cheesy

Smeddley - What a cute little hat...and a great birthday present!  Love the triangle dice bag...how cool!  And another little adorable dragon!  Great idea for a knit bookmark, and your costume is awesome!  Your tirara and turbans also turned out fabulous.

Inselaeffchen - Wonderful mug rugs!  Those are still on my list to try.  Yours turned out great!  I also like your ornaments!

Ezri_B - Eat like a hobbit day...AMAZING!  It all looks delicious.  Your doll items are also super awesome.  And I love the cape.  Cheesy

craftADDchick - What a great gift, and a super duper genius idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2013 11:46:42 PM »

BriannaB03, I am in love with that HP mug rug!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2013 06:05:12 AM »

WOw! What a lot of fantastic projects!!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Mayonnaise - Whip It Up!
How to Make Butter
How to Make Tequila Chicken
Beer Can Turkey
Potatoes O Brien Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...