A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 77275 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #820 on: February 28, 2014 10:01:21 AM »

pottermouth The egg is so cute and the chick is adorable!
jellybean89 The stitch markers are a great idea, and Im in love with the tetris magnets! The waffles and cookies look delicious!
vincentvanbuck All your swap items are amazing! I especially love the mutant and the Who Stamp! And both the meals look super yummy!
Magpirate I love the pi bracelet! And I am in LOVE with the TARDIS box!!! Im going to have to make one for myself!
netchez The box is adorable!
Moonflame Cute puffs!
Mistress Jennie Yum! The banana bread and spanish rice look delicious! I love the colors on the bracelet and your digital collages are awesome! The quilt is lovely, the binding is perfect for it!
pinkleo I love the bracelet colors and the squares are awesome (as always)! The bag looks really nice too!

For advanced studies Friday update, I finished putting my quilt all together and got really excited to see it all finished on the bed only to find out it was slightly too short! Sad So I had to go get some more yarn and am in the process of making more Lego blocks. I'm hoping to finish this weekend and then propose/start and a new OWL and NEWT that I'm really excited to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #821 on: February 28, 2014 11:06:37 AM »

Happy Last Day of Term!!!

The Ravenclaw Common room is up to date (as of 11:00 am PST).  I will update again later in the day as I expect many more projects (including some of my own) to be turned in as the end of semester deadline approaches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #822 on: February 28, 2014 11:47:19 AM »

mamantattoo - I love those red-headed dollies.  They look very cuddly.

jellybean89 - What a great idea to put the hook size on a stitch marker.  I need to work on making some of my own - I usually just make some loops with new yarn at the beginning of each project.

vincentvanbuck - Awesome octopus creature.  I really like the buttons for suckers.

magpirate - Wow, that celtic alphabet is impressive.  I am always amazed when people can draw their own knots.

mistressjennie - Super cute baby quilt!  I like that the dominant color is purple rather than pink, and the fairytale fabric is adorable.

pinkleo - I love the color combination on your skull bracelet.  Not what you'd expect!

All the rest of my projects for February are for swaps, so it doesn't look like I"ll be able to post them before the semester ends (unless the USPS works miracles).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #823 on: February 28, 2014 11:48:40 AM »

OWL PROPOSAL!!!

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Study of Ancient Runes -- Option 1-Use an intricate charted design; you may create your own design for this project.
House:Hufflepuff
Project Name: Double Knitted Loki Doki
Brief Description: I propose a knitted scarf for this project.  I really like Loki's scarf from Thor I (apparently so did Tom Hiddleston, LOL!) and I propose for this OWL a double-knitted version.  This will be my first double-knitting project, and though I found a pattern for something similar, it was knitted in the round.  I very much like the idea of the reverse side of the scarf being the negative image, and since I couldn't find a pattern I liked, I'll make my own using this graph, which is closer to Loki's design than traditional houndstooth.  After messing around with various permutations for days, I believe I'm going to be able to pull it off, but it's going to take QUITE a long time. From  studying the double knitting technique, I learned that each stitch is actually represented by a pair of 2 different coloured stitches.  The one you want to show on the current side for that particular stitch must be knitted, and its twin (opposite colour) must be purled.  I hope to squeeze in at least 1 repetition of the pattern (116 stitches x 4) each day.  At this rate, it will take me about 8 weeks to get the desired length.  I hope I can fit in some extra repeats some days, but I know there will be other days where I just can't get any in. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #824 on: February 28, 2014 03:58:34 PM »

vvb, I adore your mutant, especially the button suckers and the pine cone bits. Cheesy

Magpirate, your pi bracelet is super clever! What a great idea.

Moonflame, I've been loving your hexies with tiny pictures on them. Smiley The goal hoops are great, you've rocked at Quidditch this term!

Last post for the term, and while I haven't overachieved on the noodle-bug level, I did finish every class! *applauds self, goes for a snack*

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
SPEW: n/a
House: Hufflepuff
Quidditch: Catch the snitch for Hufflepuff!
Project Name: Golden Snitch fleece hat
Brief Description: The Snitch and the baby unicorn: both very elusive! Golden things are often highly sought after. This hat reflects the colors of the unicorn - gold at birth, with gold feet throughout its life, and pure white in adulthood. The wings are felt, and held on with white buttons! They can either stand out from the hat, or be pressed flat and stick to the fleece (which I salvaged from a thrift store scarf  Wink).

Challenge: DA: Protean Charm
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Loyal Mutant
Brief Description: I made this doll for the Mutant Swap, but she hasn't been received yet! I wanted to get the challenge in for this term though, because it brings me up to my required 5 lessons. She has 7 themes, some of which are hidden, and would only be obvious to my partner.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/138272_28Feb14_DSCF3983.JPG

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/138272_28Feb14_DSCF3979.JPG

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/138272_28Feb14_DSCF3988.JPG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #825 on: February 28, 2014 04:03:11 PM »

Bear hood pattern - Its one that i brought on ravelery from heidi may design. Tbh there's lots that I'm changing in these later hoods - if your interested in more detailled notes, PM me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #826 on: February 28, 2014 04:52:36 PM »

Here is my end of semester project dump

Class/Challenge:  Alchemy
House:  Ravenclaw
Project Name:  Jade Lion
Brief Description:  I chose to show the first part of the reaction of the green lion eating the sun and knit up a mini mochimochi lion in two shades of green.
Project Picture:

Challenge:  Astronomy
Project Name:  Colors of Europa Dish Cloth
Brief Description: I was inspired by the rusty and brown colors in pictures of Europa and used a yarn that I thought best captured those colors.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge:  DADA
Project Name:  Accio Keys
Brief Description:  I always know where my keys are... in my handbag.  But the spare keys and often my husbands keys go missing.  To remedy this problem and create a piece of art to decorate our entry way I make a key hook storage plaque.
Project Picture:

Challenge:  Flying
Project Name:  Green Granny Dish Cloth
Brief Description:  I used emerald green yarn, inspired by the flames of the floo, to create this granny square dish cloth.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge:  HoM
Project Name:  Library Tote
Brief Description:  The cost of buying books can be astronomical, especially when you are an avid reader.  So this year to save money Im visiting the library more often instead of heading to the bookstore or using the buy it now feature on my Kindle.  To aid me in my trips to the library I sewed/quilted a sturdy tote to carry my books home.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge:  December Detention
Project Name:  Flying Keys Infinity Scarf
Brief Description:   I chose to represent the circle by creating one that never ends with this flannel infinity scarf.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge:  DA- Lessons with Harry - Impediment Jinx
Project Name:  Wind Blocking Scarf
Brief Description: I loved the key infinity scarf so much that I decided to make another.  This one is also flannel but a bit longer so I can wrap it around my neck three time to really block out the winter wind.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge:  DA - Lessons with Harry - Reductor
Project Name:  Scrubbies
Brief Description:  For my scrubbies I broke down a large piece of tulle and and crafted those smaller strips into scrubbies that are just under 3inches across.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge:  DA - Lessons with Harry - Help the Room of Requirement
Project Name:  A Skirt for all Seasons
Brief Description:  I have a love/hate relationship with pants... mostly hate.  I have the length of legs where a regular inseam is too long (too long to hem well) and a petite inseam is too short (and would be even shorter after washing).  So I have decided to wear more skirts and dresses to avoid my pants frustration.  Which lead to more frustration in trying to a plus size skirt pattern (or ready to wear skirt for that matter) that was not a pencil skirt (not that I have anything against a pencil skirt, I just dont always want to wear one).  So I decided to have a go at making one with out a pattern.  This was my result.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #827 on: February 28, 2014 06:12:12 PM »

I love the end of a semester because everyone is wildly posting all their assignments. Rah, Rah Ravenclaw!!!!

~*COMPLETED NEWT HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: Charms
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Waldorf Doll for Theo
Brief Description: Theo's baby now has a daytime outfit to go with his jammies.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 28, 2014 06:14:05 PM »

I have a final project dump as well. I don't have time for comments right now, and the Slytherin Common Room is not updated yet but I will try to get to that asap.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
SPEW: N/A
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Self-Portrait Pin
Project Page Link: linkety link link
Brief Description: One of the options for this class was to craft something 100% pure, and I think this project fits that requirement. While the pin is not made of one single material, the pin is a sort of self-portrait and as such is 100% me. Pin is composed of three elements; a tree of life, a full moon, and a bitty little fox. All of these elements represent something to me. The tree is representative of Yggdrasil which is a nod to the work I do with Valkyries and my interest in Norse mythology. The full moon is representative of the Greek Goddess Artemis and my devotion to her. The little fox is representative of myself as the fox is my inner animal, for lack of a better term, and my animagus.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA Impediment Jinx
Quidditch: Score a goal for Slytherin (made from my stash)
Project Name: Matchbox
Project Page Link: none
Brief Description: This matchbox was made out of an old cocoa tin from my grandmother's house. The box includes an area on which to strike matches and the design of the lid (lid not pictured) will block water from getting in.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA Reductor
Project Name: Day and night
Brief Description: I made this pendant for the jewelry class I am currently taking. I cut out all of the pieces and soldered them together. It took me something like 5 times to solder the top piece on. The pendant can be approximated by a circle with the diameter of 2 inches (making it less than 3x3)
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA Shield Charm
Quidditch: Catch the snitch for Slytherin (a lotion to prevent player's hands from chapping)
Project Name: Chocolate orange lotion
Brief Description: This lotion will help shield my hands from the elements. It is made from calendula oil, sweet almond oil, lime and bitter orange essential oils, dry lecithin, cocoa butter and water. It is a little more oily than commercial lotions but it soaks into hands fairly quickly. I didn't have any vitamin E on hand so it has very little preservatives which means that mould has to scraped off the top but it still works fine. At first the lotion separated (I was beating it by hand because my sister broke our hand blender doing a science project) but I heated it again and mixed it using our Kitchen aid mixer and a pot of hot water and then ice packs. Because I added orange essential oil and the cocoa butter was unbleached, the lotion has the aroma of those chocolate oranges that you bang on the table and eat in orange segment shaped pieces.
Project Picture:

I haven't made much progress with my NEWT recently but it is still in progress.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014 10:07:03 PM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #829 on: February 28, 2014 06:14:31 PM »

O.W.L. COMPLETE: Muggle Studies
House: Ravenclaw
Title: Avengers Assemble!
Link: http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/embroidery/hand-embroidery/avengers/34507
Description:
The fairy tales my father grew up on were not really the traditional fairy tales. Fairy tales mean different things to different people. Consequently, my childhood  was filled with these new fairy tales as well. These were ones of Thor, Iron Man, Superman, Spiderman, the X-Men, etc. I was recently in a NERDY swap with somebody who shares this same love of heroes as I do and so I did a 7x7 circular shield cross stitch of the Avengers for her. It took a lot longer than I remembered cross stitch taking, but I got it done just in time.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet an Infinity Scarf
How to Crochet Felted Flowers
How to Crochet Flowers
How to Rib Stitch Crochet
How to Make a Duct Tape Sports Hand
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...