A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 73082 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jellybean89
« Reply #810 on: February 27, 2014 08:56:21 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledores Army: Help the Room of Requirement
SPEW: n/a
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Stitch Markers
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: For the Help the Room of Requirement challenge, I needed more crochet stitch markers (I think I had 3? Tongue), so I made some using safety pins and some plastic beads. I also made some alphabet stitch markers using nail polish to keep track of which hook I'm using with a project.
Project Picture:

(I realized after I was done that I didn't need to make an 'A' stitch marker Tongue)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledores Army: Impediment Jinx
Project Name: Freezer Waffles
Brief Description: For the Impediment Jinx, I used this recipe to make my own freezer waffles. After letting them cool, I froze them and I'll reheat them later in the toaster.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledores Army: Reductor Curse
Project Name: Tetris Magnets
Brief Description: For the Reductor Curse, I made some tiny tetris magnets inspired by this tutorial. They're made with plastic canvas, yarn, and magnet tape. The longest one is a little over 2", so stacked up, they're definitely smaller than 3"x3"x3".
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledores Army: Stunning Spell
Project Name: Peanut Butter Cookies
Brief Description: For the Stunning Spell, I baked peanut butter cookies to dazzle the taste buds. Smiley Here's the recipe I used:
Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt

1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
2. Cream together margarine, sugars, peanut butter, egg. Add dry ingredients.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
4. Bake 10-11 minutes at 375 degrees.

Makes ~33 cookies.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #811 on: February 27, 2014 10:22:21 PM »

Looks like it's my turn for the obligatory end-of-term project dump.  Many of these are for swap partners who have not yet received, so I'll be posting links in lieu of pictures.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name:
Tsuru no ongaeshi ATC
Brief Description: The Japanese folktale "The Crane Returns a Favor" tells the story of a crane who transforms into a human girl in order to live with a kind couple who took care of her, but is forced to transform back into a crane at the end of the story.  This origami-themed ATC shows the girl after she has been transfigured back into a crane.
Project Link: http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t556/vincentvanbuck/ATC%20Swaps/photo5.jpg

Class/Challenge/House Pride: January Detention
Project Name:
Tree Octopus Mutant
Brief Description: I had been working on this doll for the Loyal Mutant Swap, but had to take a break from it for a couple weeks to finish hunting down all my supplies.  It was a relief when I managed to get everything and finally finish it!  The idea is, my partner came up with a list of "ingredients", and I merged as many of them as I could into a single mutant (tentacles, owls, yarn, lace knitting, shawls, pinecones, and buttons).
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: February Detention
Project Name:
Hand-carved Stamp #1
Brief Description: This all-black print is from a stamp I made for one of my partners in the Hand-Carved Stamp swap.
Project Link: http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t556/vincentvanbuck/HKT.jpg

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Join the DA: Lessons with Harry - Help the Room of Requirement
Project Name:
Hand-carved Stamp #2
Brief Description: Eeep!  The results of the first stamp did not turn out quite as nicely as I might've liked.  Because there is great need for me to practice my stamp carving, I've crafted another one to send off in the swap as well.
Project Link: http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t556/vincentvanbuck/IWEYU.jpg

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Join the DA: Lessons with Harry - Fred and George Fight Back
Project Name:
Supreme Lasagna of Apology
Brief Description: DH and I have been quarrelsome with each other lately, and so last week, I wanted to make a special dinner to make it up to him and divert attention from our recent bickering.  I knew that for my culinary apology to be effective, it would really have to be over the top and beyond what I would normally make.  I opted for Pioneer Woman's Supreme Pizza Lasagna (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/supreme-pizza-lasagna.html) which, as promised, took TWO AND A HALF HOURS TO MAKE (on a weeknight no less -- quite a feat for me to accomplish!)  But it was well-received by DH, so it was worth it.
Project Pictures:

Two pounds of ground meat, PLUS pepperoni (impressive, no?)

Layer of herb ricotta spread and fresh mozzarella:

The finished product, in all of its over-the-top obscene glory:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Beans - Tomato
Project Name:
I Love You Dinner
Brief Description: On a different night, when DH and I had not been quarreling  Roll Eyes, I made him these prosciutto-wrapped chicken thighs with rosemary for dinner.  I usually get home from work so much later than DH, so the only day I can actually cook is when he goes to Bowling League on Thursdays.  However, doing so means I am giving up valuable crafting time, so when I do make dinner for him, it is truly an act of love.  This particular recipe is one of my go-to's, and being from Rachael Ray, takes considerably less time to prepare than the above-mentioned lasagna (thank goodness!)
Project Pictures:

Prosciutto-Wrapped Rosemary Chicken Thighs from Rachael Ray (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/prosciutto-wrapped-rosemary-chicken-thighs-recipe.html)

Asparagus Bundles from Trisha Yearwood (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/asparagus-bundles-recipe.html)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014 10:27:13 PM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Altered Puzzle Pieces Rd. 9
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6
  • July Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Magpirate
« Reply #812 on: February 27, 2014 10:26:52 PM »

Go Ravenclaw go!  Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA - Impediment Jink
SPEW: N/A
Project Name: Attic Draft Blocker
Brief Description: When my parents helped my girlfriend and me move into our new house, my dad said we should do something to block the hole in the ceiling that lets you into the attic, since it's uninsulated.  I finally got around to doing that.  I was going for cheap and simple, so I just used cardboard (two boxes broken down and taped together so the creases didn't match up) and an old unfinished quilt in which I had completely lost interest.  I tried to pretty it up a little using glow-in-the-dark stars, with limited success...
Project Picture:
From above (link)
From below:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA - Protean Charm
Project Name: Pi Bracelet
Brief Description: At first glance, this looks like a simple knotted bracelet with randomly-sized stripes, but it is actually a representation of pi to 31 decimal places.  I started with three knots in magenta embroidery floss then added a bead to represent the decimal point.  All the stripes after that contain the appropriate number of knots in the next color in the pattern (one knot in purple, four in blue, one in magenta, five in purple, etc).  I kept going until right before the first zero 'cause that seemed like a good place to round it off, and at the end of the bracelet I added three more beads for the "..." to indicate that pi goes on forever.  Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA - Gred and Forge Fight Back
Project Name: Friends and Family Art Gallery
Brief Description: I used an entire wall of my craft room (plus a shelf on the bookcase) to create an impressive display of artwork and crafts that I have collected over the years.  Most of what's on display was made either by me or members of my family, there are some things I received in swaps, and a few purchased items - but every one is associated with happy memories.  I love looking over my art wall and remembering how each piece came to be.
Project Picture:
Full wall:

I like this bit because most of my family is represented - I cross-stitched the hummingbird, my brother drew the Librarian, my girlfriend carved the cottonwood bark house, my mom wrote the book, my aunt drew the goldfinch, and my dad carved the wood spirit.  (The heart tile I bought on a family road trip.)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: January Detention
Project Name: Celtic Knotwork Alphabet
Brief Description: I've been working on this off and on for over a year.  I wanted to create an alphabet where each letter was formed with strands of Celtic-style knots, so you could write something by connecting the letters into a continuous knotwork design.  I finally managed to come up with recognizable designs for each letter (at least, you can tell what letter it is if you know it's supposed to be a letter).  I'm REALLY excited about this project, and I'm so glad I've finished all the designs so I can start using my alphabet for more interesting projects.  Smiley
Project Picture: (the left side got cut off a little...)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: February Detention
Project Name: Super-Classy Bracelet
Brief Description: This is the sort of chainmail bracelet one would wear to a black-tie function.  Simple, sophisticated, and it would match your tie.  Wink
Project Picture:

AND NOW (drumroll please) MY FIRST NEWT!

NEWT Subject: Transfiguration
Project Name: TARDIS box
Project Page Link (if available): Not yet, I want to enter it in that Craftster contest
Brief Description: So this project changed a lot from what I originally proposed.  I made it for my partner in the geeky swap, and at first I intended to make a Dr. Who themed sewing kit with a fabric-and-batting covered box (you know, the pincushion kind) painted to look like the TARDIS, and some sewing accessories including a sonic seam ripper (idea courtesy of Mistress Jennie's Craftster signiture) and Dalek pincushion.  But as I researched the TARDIS, I started to feel like my original idea just wouldn't do it justice.  I decided it would be much more nifty if I made it out of basswood and painted it, because then I could put in all the details that wouldn't be possible with a pincushion box.  So that's what I did.  At some point I became determined to put a working light on the top.  So I did that too.  By the time I was finished with the box it was two days past the send-by date and I hadn't had time to make any accessories at all, so I scrapped the sewing kit idea and just called it a TARDIS box.  Annnnnnd here it is.
Project Picture:

It is kind of huge - six inches wide and over a foot tall (I used 6"x12" panels for the front and back).

Crappy photo, but at least you can tell the light works.

Bigger on the inside?  If I'd had more time, I would have painted it to look like the inside of the actual TARDIS, but I didn't.  Sad

Headmistresses, I hope that this counts as a completed NEWT - even though I didn't do all the things I put in my proposal, it definitely took me more than a month!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladychris2010
« Reply #813 on: February 27, 2014 11:51:51 PM »

All these projects look so awesome. I really like that TARDIS box with the working light. I'm hoping I can still finish my transfiguration work in time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Started a craftalong for Sailor Moon fans. Come join in!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430909.msg5147318#msg5147318
netchez
« Reply #814 on: February 28, 2014 06:43:22 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.)
Project Name: Contain the Floo Powder
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: I decided to make a container to store my newly acquired Floo Powder.  I took an old box that I found and searched for pictures that pertained to the powder.  Instructions are on the inside.. they are as follows:

Congratulations:  You have discovered Floo powder.

When you travel by Floo powder, it is imperative that you speak clearly.  Take care to get out at the right grate.  Keep your elbows tucked in, shut your eyes, dont fidget and dont panic.

Project Pictures:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #815 on: February 28, 2014 06:52:18 AM »

Wow!  I love everyone's projects!  So much create!  Such imagine! ^_^

2 more hexipuff's for youngest's Quidditch-cushion:

Challenge: Quidditch, catch the snitch for Hufflepuff
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hoopy 'Puff
Project Description: Ah the green grass of the Quidditch pitch, and the 3 hoops.  One must be in a terrifying dive to get this skyless view, though!
Project pic:

Challenge: Quidditch, catch the snitch for Hufflepuff
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Bludger 'puff
Project Description: A Griffy coloured 'puff with a bludger and bat.  Look out!
Project Pic:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #816 on: February 28, 2014 07:39:14 AM »

Class: Arithmancy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Seven Secret Veggies Spanish Rice

Brief Description:
Since Im about to move in a week, Im trying to use up lots of foods in the house, so I dont have to move more stuff.  The cupboards are looking pretty bare right now, and so Im having to get really creative with what I make myself for dinner while DH is away.  In an effort to use up lots of bits of veggies, I altered my normal Spanish Rice recipe to use extra veggies.  I made a huge batch, and used it in some more Freezer Burritos and had leftovers for lunch all week.  This project also allowed me to explore the magical number 7, since I used 7 veggies and 7 spices to make it!

cup chopped onion (1 medium)
cup chopped green sweet pepper
cup chopped red bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 sweet potato, diced fine
cup frozen corn, thawed
1 28 ounce can tomatoes, cut up
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup water
cup uncooked long grain rice
teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
t teaspoon Mexican Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)

In a large skillet cook onion, sweet peppers, sweet potato and garlic in hot oil until tender. Add chili powder; cook 1 minute more. Stir in undrained tomatoes, water, rice, salt, pepper, remaining spices and, if desired, several dashes hot pepper sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.

Challenge: Join the DA - Shield Charm
Project Name: Rainbow Chainmaille Bracelet

Brief Description: I have a friend who is afraid of flying, but has to go on a trip soon.  Since shes so worried about the plane, I created a Rainbow Chainmaille Bracelet and earrings out of niobium, to shield her from her fears.  What better than a rainbow to protect you in the sky?  It's hard to see in the first picture, but the larger rings are a beautiful blend of rainbow colors.
Project Picture:

And a closeup shot of the rings, which are a lovely rainbow color.

Class: DADA
Project Name: Digital Collages

Brief Description: My new office in my new apartment needed some more art.  I decided to create a few digital collages in Photoshop to make the space feel more like it belongs to me.  These will be matted and framed in my room.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Detention - January
Project Name: 1001 Peeps Baby Quilt

Project Page Link:
Brief Description: This poor baby quilt was started months ago.  Over the summer actually.  I put it on hold because I didnt have anything to bind it with.  Last week I went into work early for several days and spent a bit of time each day getting the quilting done.  I ordered a small piece of fabric to be the perfect binding, and stayed a bit late after work tonight to finish it finally!
Project Picture:

Class: History of Magic
Project Name: Dishcloth for Work

Brief Description: I do a lot for my costume shop workers.  Because my poor college students rarely have time or money to eat regular meals, I keep bagels, cream cheese, pickles, nuts, cookies, chocolate, coffee pods, creamer, honey, 8,000 types of tea, paper plates, utensils, napkins, and tissues in stock in the shop, all out of my own money.  (Boy, are they going to be in for a rough wake up when I leave in May!)  But one of the things Im really sick of buying is sponges to wash out our teacups and mugs.  The students like to leave the sponge in the Dye Room, where it picks up toxic dyes and detergents, so I have to throw them out, and it feels like Im *always* buying them.  Im hoping by replacing them with handmade dishcloths, the kids will remember to put the cloth back in the kitchen area after washing the cup in the dye room. 
Project Picture:

House Unity
Project Name: Spiced Badger Bread (Banana Bread)

Brief Description: As I previously mentioned, Im trying to use up lots of foods in the house, so I dont have to move more stuff.  After making up several foods for myself for the week on Sunday, I was feeling rather hardworking.  Must have been channeling my inner-Hufflepuff side!  When I saw I had a few browning bananas, I rolled up my sleeves and dove in for just a little bit more work.  The result was breakfast all week!

2 cups all-purpose flour
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon salt
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon allspice
⅛ teaspoon cloves
⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
1 cups mashed banana (5 medium)
1 cup sugar
cup cooking oil or melted butter or margarine
cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9x5x3-inch or two 7-1/2x3-1/2x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
In a medium bowl combine eggs, banana, sugar, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan(s). If desired, sprinkle Streusel Topping over batter.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes for 9x5x3-inch pan or 40 to 45 minutes for 7-1/2x3-1/2x2-inch pans or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (if necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning). Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #817 on: February 28, 2014 08:30:41 AM »

~*Happy Last Day of Term Everyone*~
Do be mindful that I will be closing this term at midnight pinkleo time (aka Texas time).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014 08:31:00 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #818 on: February 28, 2014 08:37:32 AM »

Many thanks to Pinkleo and Mistress Jennie!!
I won't be able to count Quidditch score this weekend, it's spring break here and we're off for about a week, but I'll have internet access so I'll try to.
I will send my prices to whomever wins them when I get back.

Have a nice beginning of term everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #819 on: February 28, 2014 09:02:44 AM »

My last day projects....though I may squeeze in a few more, but with my anniversary dinner tonight, I though it best to post a few now.

Challenge: December Detention
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: DoD Memory Bracelet
Brief Description: Had a desire to play with my memory wire & beads, and this is the results Smiley
Project Picture:

~*so you can see it's circular nature*~

Class: Charms
SPEW: Afghans for Pine Ridge
Project Name: Snowflake Square
Free Pattern Link: http://www.graciousrain.com/2009/01/29/snowflake-hotpad/
Brief Description: I have successfully casted the Aguamenti and created this cozy snowflake. Cool
Project Picture:

Class: Flying
SPEW: Afghans for Pine Ridge
Project Name: Emerald Square
Brief Description: I have mastered traveling by Floo Network and have this emerald flame square to show for it. Grin
Project Picture:

Challenge: Gryffindor House Pride
Project Name: Gryffie Maple Leaf Squares
Brief Description: I wanted to give this pattern a go, and what better colors than in Gryffindor red & gold Cool
Project Picture:

Challenge: DA-Room of Requirement
Project Name: Uptown Girl Bag
Brief Description: I am forever trying to rid my house and need for plastic bags.  So in that effort I am in need of lots of reusable bags.  I have grabbed my trusty wand and whipped up this beaut. Grin
Project Picture:

SPEWx5: Afghans for Pine Ridge
Project Name: PRR Ball Squares
Brief Description: 5 more 12" squares for Afghans for Pine Ridge Smiley

~*ROAR, ROAR Gryffindor*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Traditional Kentucky Country Ham Biscuits Recipe
Very Special Hash Brown Potato Casserole Recipe
Tender Barbecued Boneless Pork Ribs Recipe
Southern Spoon Bread Recipe
Memorial Day Potato Salad Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...