A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 78882 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #800 on: February 26, 2014 11:03:09 AM »

Pinkleo: I adore the owl!!! I want one to put on my bed now!!!
Tiamatfire: Can't wait to see the new addition in that gorgeous sweater.
Coulsenl: I like the cowl. I don't have any fleece hanging around but I might have go get me some.  I think that is just what I need for next winter.

And on to classes and challenges!
The last class I have to post is....

Class: Arithmancy
SPEW: NA
House: Slytherin
Project Name:  Sailor Venus Tarot Card
Project Description: The number 11 has been floating in and out of my life for awhile.  While studying numerology I came across how to figure your birth number and mine turned out to be eleven.  So I started to study the number eleven and found out that it is the number that represents balance and often times justice.  It also came up that the eleventh tarot card is the Justice Card.  Keeping this in mind I decided to design my own Justice tarot card.  Tada!!!

(it must be noted that I wanted the eyes like that.  A person on instagram commented that they luv the body and hair but I needed to learn how to draw the eyes "properly" oh well, cant please everyone)

Challenge: DA--Lessons with Harry
SPEW:NA
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Elephant Woman--(Fred and George Fight Back)
Project Description: I had a dream a few weeks back that I was transformed into a goddess with blue skin and an elephant head and then went to rain destruction on the surrounding countryside.  That inspired this doodle.  Reminiscent of some eastern gods....but not exactly them.  This was a great diversion for myself, as it was fun to do, but it provided my audience (I designed and painted it in public) some good and bad reactions.  I had several guffaws from passing bookstore patrons, a LOT of staring as people watched me go through the process, and even a couple of women who "Well, I Never!!" at me.  I think that I disrupted enough customers to have provided a distraction  Grin

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014 11:13:04 AM by ErinAquaheart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
coulsenl
« Reply #801 on: February 26, 2014 01:34:35 PM »

ErinAquaheart - The tarot card is excellent! I love your drawings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #802 on: February 26, 2014 08:08:38 PM »

Erin - I love the idea of a Sailor Venus tarot card, how fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #803 on: February 27, 2014 02:04:04 AM »

Awful photo, but excited to submit because it means I've done every class and challenge thus term :-) (I'm a ravenclaw, it's fairly predictable really).

Challenge; February detention
House; go eagles!
Project; a bear hood.
Obviously not one of the ones for my owl! All black, in teenager size
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Moonflame
« Reply #804 on: February 27, 2014 07:17:54 AM »

midkiffsjoy That's a lovely earflap hat! And I love the story behind your stationery box.  So cool!

Netchez Awesome scarves and hat.  Boy, has this ever been a good winter for making warm cosies!  And thatnks for catching that darling snitch for Hufflepuff! Cheesy

BadWolf314 Excellent Chudley ATC!  I'm glad there are more quidditch matches to come, because I have to make a LOT of those crazy puffs just for a cushion, LOL!

Gaudiknight  I love your fetching mitts. Smiley  11 pairs!  Wow!

Pottermouth Heh!  I'm Irish, too (well, a bunch of me is) so I totally appreciate the straw comment, LOL!  If there hadn't been some fireplace ash involved. . . ^_^  OMG, I ADORE that mousy pincushion so VERY VERY MUCH!!!!   Smiley

ErinAquahearts Awesome Floo powder purse. Smiley  And those necklaces are great.  The flower in the Devil's garden is a real stunner!  I think the Tarot card is such a cool idea, and I really liked the story with your Elephant woman. ^_^  I think it's so cool that you designed and made it in public. Smiley

JellyBean89  I love all the cat toys you make.  Those mice are especially adorable. Smiley  Your dishcloths are great, too!  I just love that snowflake one!

Rockmygypsysoul Wow - you're really good at faces!  I really like your pic of Alexis and Greyson! 

Noodle-bug Ooooh!  I'm so in love with hexagons, and that heat mat is gorgeous!  I love that bear hood, too.  Soooo cosy!

Coulsenl Awesome spider necklace and wristband.  I really love your baby hats, too.  THey turned out so cute!

Pinkleo I had a BUNCH of those Grandma's favourite dishcloths from dh's grandma.  I finally made one of my own, too.  Isn't it a cool patt?  I love how yours turned out!  All those slippers and mitts look soooo cosy.  I'm really craving lots of knitted and crocheted warmth with this long, cold, snowy winter we're having.  Those bouncy ball dishcloths are REALLY neat!  And the tote is just  Shocked    Smiley  Your scrubbie is really cute.  I have 1 or 2, but they're kind of flat.  I really like that puffy one.  And OMG, Owlphelia is ADORBS!

Whistlefish I love the bag you made.  What a fantastic quote! Smiley

Magpirate  Your dishcloth turned out GREAT!  I can't believe that's the 1st time you've followed a patt.  VERY nice!  I really like your butterfly triptych, too.  And that bees mug is fabulous!!  I got to see Eddie in concert one.  It was awesome.  I may have to copy your mug idea. Cheesy  Your organised space looks great!  And that veggie rainbow makes me crave bright veggie goodness. Smiley

Tiamatfire  Wow.  I love that baby sweater!  I'm so impressed!

Acadian Driftwood Excellent cowl!  I love it! Smiley  And that bracelet is so pretty!  I bet your friend really likes it. Smiley 

OK!  I'm going to update the Huffle commons and work on the next common room today and tomorrow. Smiley  Oh, and I really need to make another hexipuff or 2.  Tongue   ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #805 on: February 27, 2014 09:04:50 AM »

Wow, sooo many great class work items again!! We're all so very very talented.  Grin

Will do better with commenting next semester, promised!!! Shocked

Just a couple of things:

Pottermouth - yes, I have a Silhouette Cameo! Newly purchased (and barely used yet due to 2 small "Hobbits" in the house)
Noodle-bug - love your bear hoods. Which pattern did you use, as the above mentioned Hobbits have voiced a request for them... Shocked

And now ... Pinterest is up-to-date again!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #806 on: February 27, 2014 12:00:15 PM »

I've been promising a huge project dump - here it is!  Cheesy
WARNING - MANY, MANY PHOTOS

Class: Arithmancy
SPEW: n/a
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name:  Shallow Seas
Project Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431791.0#axzz2uYJmJd9i
Project Description:  When it comes to magical numbers, I still tend to come down to two; it must be the romantic in me!  I'm not sure what this original quote is from but it struck me very strongly as representative of my love for my husband, especially after a close friend of mine came on to me a few months ago.  The stamped clay pieces say "for shallow seas i won't betray my ocean"

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name:  'Reach' prayer flag
Project Description:  Unicorns are so lovely, the only thing I can think of that might be prettier is a star!  Our depictions of stars reflect much of what's beautiful in unicorns – silver, sparkle, and awe.

Class: Charms
Project Name:  Wings of White
Project Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431791.0#axzz2uYJmJd9i
Project Description: For those of us in East Texas, we get snow so rarely we sometimes forget what it looks like!  I decided something else white and sparkly might help fend off the embarrassment of my forgetfulness.

Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Project Name:  Miracles and Happiness
Project Description:  Need something to liven up a boring wall?  Mixed media is always fun!  I went overboard on using different stuff to make lots of very different flowers in this 11x14” piece.

Class: Divination
Project Name: Web of Love
Project Description:  I freely admit to being terrified by anything with eight legs (or more) and spiders are the worst.  I can however enjoy a beautiful web – as long as I know it has been vacated by its creator.  In honor of lovely webs, I did this string heart piece for a swap in the OGS.

Class: Flying
Project Name: Add some Silver and Shine and Everything's Fine
Project Description: Floo Network is quite a wonderful way to travel, especially since I can't seem to get my puppies to balance on my broom well.  In celebration of this exceptional piece of magic, I was sure to go way overboard with glitter and silver in this fun little frame I decorated to go with my watercolor statement.

Class: Herbology
Project Name: Poppies!
Project Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431798.0#axzz2uYJmJd9i
Project Description: While holly is made with green and red, here in Texas we are sadly lacking holly (along with winter in general) so I decided to celebrate another green and red sight – poppies in a field!

Class: Potions
Project Name: Off With Her Head!
Project Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431844.0#axzz2uYJmJd9i
Project Description:  Back in December I undertook the monumental task of doing an 8x10 lino cut based on Tenniel's illustration of a scene from Alice in Wonderland for my swap partner.  I sent her a print along with the lino cut itself so she could use it and do what she wanted with it.  The watchful eye and steady hand necessary to brew this craft was used considerably and for quite some time – letting the cut itself go to another was quite difficult but hopefully she is enjoying it.

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Hope for the Caterpillars
Project Description:  While a human turning into an animal is quite impressive (no wonder the Muggles have turned it into something they think must be fantasy) but I think what's even more impressive is an animal that turns into a whole other animal without any foolish wand-waving or magical incantations whatsoever!

Challenge: Lessons with Harry

Impediment Jinx – Lana (Point in Time)
I used my advanced Impediment Jinx skills to freeze a moment of time.  After a painting I did for OWS, I was requested to do another one – this one for the fabulous underthemountain's daughter Lana!  Hopefully she can keep this around for a long time to capture this frozen moment and memory.

Reductor Curse - April
For this spell, I actually broke down several items to create my 4x6 art swap piece.  Oil on strong board, Gelli-made printed papers broken down, more oil on board, and some acrylic.  Overall, I used three different pieces – all of which could be considered complete art pieces on their own – and reduced them down into the abstract piece I called “April”

Stunning Spell – Smart, Shiny, Stunning!
I think we've all been stunned by the wisdom shown by Dumbledore throughout his life.  This wall art I made for a swap not only offers an impressive quote from Dumbledore – stunning the mind – but also is high on shine to dazzle the eye as well!  If you can't see the sheen, I promise it is there in all of it's amazing glory!

Shield Charm – Daffodils of Early Spring
Daffodils!  These were made for OWS and are a much-needed interjection of spring into this challenging winter season.  One is soft pastels with watercolor and acylic as well; the other is more abstract with oil pastels.  Hopefully these will help ward off Seasonal Affective Disorder and other winter blues for those not in East Texas where the daffodils are already in full bloom!

Protean Charm -  Hidden in Zen
I made this set of 6 Zentangles for ActsofCraftiness for people in her life.  Some are simply shapes and whatnot but some of them contain a hidden meaning.  All together, you might not notice how one is geared towards an aquatic theme, one has lots of fun transportation symbols (from rockets to a school bus), and one has lots of flowers and butterflies for her new little girl!!

Room of Requirement – Love Lives
Sometimes I have a hard time with seeing and making things for other people who are pregnant or have newborns – I'm thrilled for them but since my miscarriage, it's just tough.  It's been four years this month so finally I did pieces – one for a boy and one for a girl – that I would have made for our baby (we did not yet know if it was a boy or girl).  I definitely had great need to make these and now I've done it and can share a little bit of the love with other babies!

Alright then!  GO GRYFFINDORS!!

Though I should mention that while I did my NEWT this term, I did NOT finish my OWL, but soon in next semester, I promise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #807 on: February 27, 2014 12:05:18 PM »

Okay so my last assignments:

Challenge: Fred & George Fight Back 
House: Gryffindor
Name: Merrick's room and Quilt
Desc.: We haven't finish our bedroom yet, in fact I haven't finished scraping off the wallpaper (it takes ages) SO We put back Merrick's fourniture in his room as it became clear we wouldn't do his room any time soon, and I'll take the occasion to show you his lovely mama made quilt! :

Challenge: December Challenge
Quidditch: Score for Slytherin
Name: Merrick's basket
Desc: It is crocheted in the round and ended up way rounder than Mariann's.

Challenge: January Challenge
Name: A couple of funky sisters
Desc: I've been meaning to make those two redheads for 2 years now! But since their recipiant's birthday are a little before xmas and a little after it, I've never managed to make time for them. So I did this month. They are mostly dressed with clothing I already made.

Challenge: Febuary Challenge
Name: something for me!
Desc: I've combined two pieces of clothing I never wear into something I'll actually wear. I had the idea after watch American Horror Story:Coven.  Misty Day's red outfit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #808 on: February 27, 2014 12:18:07 PM »

tiamatfire The sweater is so adorable!!!
Acadian Driftwood  That cowl looks so toasty and the bracelet is lovely!
coulsenl Those hats are so cute!
ErinAquaheart The drawings are fantastic!
noodle-bug The bear hood is awesome! I can’t wait to see your finished assortment from your OWL!
rockmygypsysoul Your paintings are amazing! And the lino block is incredible!!!
MamanTattoo The dolls are adorable and the shirt looks awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t act a little childish sometimes.”
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #809 on: February 27, 2014 06:27:43 PM »

Class: Flying
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Cheep! Panoramic Egg
Brief Description: Sometimes you strike gold when you are thrifting and I happened to get lucky when I found three vintage panoramic eggs. And they were marked $1! So cheep! (see what I did there?) I covered one with tissue paper and gel medium and used some really vintage lace and bead trim for that 70's look, coated the entire inside with glitter, added a tissue paper flower on the outside, and finally placed a kooky chick in the middle with a basket on his head. It just seemed right. One of his bunny "peeps" came over to keep him company.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Do Athena Hair
Interview With Pamela Anderson at the 2013 International Beauty Show
Hair Color Secrets from the Pros
How to Give Your Hair the "Beach Wave" Look
The Elegant Updo Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...