A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 81787 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Magpirate
« Reply #790 on: February 23, 2014 09:33:50 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy class
SPEW: N/A
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Wee Bobbles!
Brief Description: This is the first thing I've ever crocheted using a pattern, and my girlfriend had to walk me through it because I find things like "ch 28, sc in 2nd ch" and "sc in 1st st, [tr in next st, sc in next st] across" very confusing.  I used the pattern "Wee Bobbles" from the book "2-Hour Dishcloths" (which is a misleading title, it took me at least four and I didn't even do the border) because I like saying the name.  Wee bobbles!  It's 100% cotton.  If I had remembered to take pictures before I used it to wash dishes, it might not look so wonky...
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy class
Project Name: Butterfly Triptych
Brief Description: Good things in my life tend to come in threes - breaks at work, square meals a day, hearts when you start a Zelda game - so to honor the number three, I made a three-part painting featuring three clouds (and a butterfly 'cause the clouds were kind of boring).
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's - Tomato
Project Name: Helllp!  I'm Covered in Beeees!
Brief Description: My girlfriend's birthday was last week and her big present from me was tickets to see Eddie Izzard (he is coming to Nashville in May and words cannot describe how excited we are).  I presented them to her inside this mug, which I fully intended to post as a Coffee bean project but then didn't even start making it until after the Coffee period was over.  But it works for Tomato too.  It has a quote from Eddie's beekeeping sketch, and the rest of the mug is covered in bees.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA - Disarming
Project Name: Entertainment Center to Sewing Station
Project Page Link: Challenge post (voting is over though)
Brief Description: I had an old entertainment center in my craft room that was collecting junk, my fabric stash was stored in unsightly plastic bags, and my poor sewing machine had nowhere at all to live.  He was on the floor in our spare bedroom.  Sad  I cleared off the entertainment center and made him a home, and put all my fabric in the skinny little cabinets on either side.  I feel a lot better now that my sewing things are organized and I can actually use my machine.  Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA - Shield Charm
Project Name: Yet Another Super-Secret Swap Item
Brief Description: My partner still hasn't received, so here's another link...  Headmistresses, if you can't tell what it is let me know and I'll PM a description.
Project Picture:
Full shot, with glare
Better shot of decoration (I didn't make the thing itself, I just decorated it)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: December Detention
Project Name: Veggie Rainbow(ish)
Brief Description: Inspired by this fruit rainbow, I made my own vegetable version.  It's not a full rainbow though, I couldn't think of any blue or purple veggies that would be good on a veggie tray and were also readily available from my neighborhood supermarket.  I used red bell peppers, carrots, yellow grape tomatoes, celery, ranch dressing and hummus "clouds," and filled in the sky with blue corn chips.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #791 on: February 23, 2014 11:49:05 PM »

I love those cloud paintings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #792 on: February 24, 2014 05:06:33 AM »

Pinning the Eddie izzard mug :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #793 on: February 24, 2014 05:39:40 AM »

Pinks, that tote is FANTASTIC!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #794 on: February 24, 2014 08:56:23 AM »

gaudiknight I love the color and pattern of the Fetchings!
pottermouth Feel free to pick my brain about my silhouette! I know a couple of us on here have one and Im sure they have some awesome advice too! The mouse pin cushion is ADORABLE!!!
ErinAquaheart The purses are so cute and the necklaces are absolutely lovely!
jellybean89 The cat toys are such a great idea! The dishcloths are awesome, I love the colors of the seed stitch ones!
Moonflame I love the newest puff! I cant wait to see how they all come together for the chair cushion!
rockmygypsysoul Wow! Thats a lovely painting!!! Im sure shes going to love it!
noodle-bug Cute heatpad! I love the hexis!!!
coulsenl The necklace and wristband look awesome!
pinkleo The slippers look so toasty! I love the Dishcloth pattern and the colors of the PRR Squares! The tote is amazing!!! The colors and pattern are awesome together! The Owl is also adorable!
WhistleFish It turned out awesome!!! And yes I did use the sketch marker, I love them because my handwriting has always been awful so now I can cheat a little! For the shirt I cut out a pattern from Freezer paper and then used fabric paint. (Technically it was puffy three dimensional fabric, but I just used a brush to paint it on flat).
Magpirate The dishcloth looks great! I love the Butterfly Triptych and mug are adorable! Yay for having a place to organize all your sewing things! The veggie rainbow looks delicious, and I am in LOVE with your swap item!!! It is so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #795 on: February 25, 2014 11:07:26 AM »

Yay! My swap partner received so I will be posting my completed O.W.L. tonight!! And probably proposing another O.W.L. or N.E.W.T. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #796 on: February 25, 2014 07:12:33 PM »

I'm so sorry I've been remiss as a professor lately everyone Sad  Real life has just gotten completely out of hand, I haven't even really been crafting! Between the 3 weeks and counting of prodromal labour with baby, and trying to finish work, and get the house ready, it's just gotten away from me.  If I've missed putting your craft into the classroom post and you'd like it listed there, please PM me and let me know!  The points are still counted by the lovely headmistresses.

I'll still be here next semester doing a bit of crafting, but taking a professorship leave of absence.  I hope to be back in Summer semester once we've adjusted to being a family of 4!

I have one single craft to submit before the end of term:

Challenge: Bertie Botts' Tomato Bean
House: Gryffindor
Name: Little Boy Blue

This is another sweater to surround the new baby with love and snuggles.  It's heavily modified from a ravelry sweater I liked, done in greyish-blue baby yarn.  I had to rip it back once, when it was complete past the raglan increases, so it took a lot longer than expected!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
gaudiknight
« Reply #797 on: February 25, 2014 07:21:37 PM »

pinkleo - That bag is epic.  Wow! (great color combination too)

magpirate - You've got a lucky friend.  If I drank coffee I would never stop quoting that particular bit, so I'm kind of jealous.

tiamatfire - That sweater looks super snuggly and warm.  I love all the textures.  (And I find I always have to rip back a knitting project at some point in the process too, no matter how many times I've made the pattern before)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #798 on: February 25, 2014 07:52:01 PM »

LOVE that Eddie Izzard mug! Cheesy

Challenge: DA - Room of Requirement
SPEW: n/a
House: Hufflepuff **QUIDDITCH GOAL**
Project Name: Insulating cowl
Brief Description: I've had the same nice fleece cowl since I was little, and this winter it as been in high demand at my house. Last week, my partner and I both wanted to claim it for outdoor activities, so one of us had to go with a less toasty and wind-proof option. I decided another cowl was in great need! I sewed this one up from scraps, looking at my original for construction tips.

Class: Divination
SPEW: n/a
House: Hufflepuff **QUIDDITCH GOAL**
Project Name: Goodbye token
Brief Description: I've been studying my spider's webs for the whole term, and I've only just now realized what they were predicting! Last weekend, a friend I've known since elementary school moved on very short notice across the country. I tried to capture the strange patterns I'd been seeing in the web in this knot bracelet that I gave her before she left.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
coulsenl
« Reply #799 on: February 25, 2014 11:24:14 PM »

Challenge: DA - Stunning
House: Slytherin
Project Name: baby hat
When making something to keep a little girl's head warm, it needs to be pretty soft. This turned out to be a stunningly soft hat.

Class: History of Magic
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Another Baby Hat
The yarn used in this hat I got for free.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Legendary Ghirardelli Hot Fudge Sundae
Devil’s Food Cake Recipe with Fluffy White Frosting
How to Make Ricotta and Strawberries with Lemon Thyme Shortbread
How to Make a No-Bake Peach Pie
How to Make White Chocolate Raspberry Parcels
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...