A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 82734 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Naantje
« Reply #760 on: February 19, 2014 07:25:09 AM »

Wow, I can't believe how far behind I'd gotten on this thread! I haven't had much time to craft since starting my training to become a teacher a week and a half ago (though I did get in a couple of hours of knitting on my sweater) or to browse craftster much. Going back to school is intense! (I worked for 3,5 years and was let go on November 20th. I was unemployed for nearly 12 weeks, totally shifting my routine. I'm really going to need some time adjusting to being a student again!)

Don't have the time to comment on individual projects, but I've seen a lot come by I really liked. I wanted to share my joy at hearing the good results of ErinAquaheart's tests - nice to go from inoperable to operable!  ;DGood luck with surgery etc. It'll still be a fight the coming time, but it's nice to be able to dream of being cancer free.

Jennie, get well soon Wink It's a though season with many people falling ill, I hope it doesn't bother you for too long.

Everybody: keep up the craftiness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #761 on: February 19, 2014 09:57:49 AM »

Inselaeffchen You have the luckiest swap partners!!!
Moonflame Again awesome puff and the bat is adorable!
midkiffsjoy The hat is adorable and the stationary box is an awesome idea!
netchez Love the scarves and hat! And the snitch is adorable!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch: Catch the Snitch for Slytherin
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Chudley Cannons ATC
Brief Description: Rons favorite Quidditch team had to be apart of this event!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
gaudiknight
« Reply #762 on: February 19, 2014 02:03:04 PM »

Moonflame - Cute Kitty!  Sorry about the wine...

Netchez - I adore the pattern you used for that scarf.  It works really well with the variegated yarn.

----

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
SPEW: n/a
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: 11th hour Fetchings (these are the 11th pair I've made)
Project Page Link: n/a (although it's on my Ravelry)
Brief Description: In late January I made a road-trip that took me from Virginia, through upstate NY, and on to both Vermont and New Hampshire (it wasn't my idea).  While driving through New England in the middle of a snow-storm I was struck by two things: 1) how pretty the pines were, and 2) how cold my hands were.

Fetchings in Focus by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429362.0;topicseen#ixzz2to7rYQss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #763 on: February 19, 2014 02:41:21 PM »

ErinA: love the snazzy suncatchers! They'll surely brighten your room. Again, hurrah on the amazing news!!!!

gaudiknight: Welcome to the Castle! Don't forget to visit the Ravenclaw Tower on page two and explore all of the extra credit, but you're a Ravenclaw so you probably knew that already.  Wink Your shawl is GORGEOUS and that colour! Nice!

Acadian Driftwood: oh, how I want to try snow tie dyeing but alas, no snow here ever. Your shirts are really cool and if I squint I see a face, and it's kinda spooky.

blupaisan: Best Present Ever. You win. The Scarry quotes are hilarious and  Oscar's footprints? That's great! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

BadWolf: I wants your Quidditch shirt!! Did I read somewhere that you have a Silhouette? If you do, would you mind if I pick your brain about it?

Ant Bee: you, madam, are a gem and we are lucky to have you at Hogwarts.

rockmygypsysoul: those are really pretty cards! The first one is divine.

Inselaeffchen: hee...love the mug rug! And the 221B mug rug look just like them! do you have a Silhouette too?

Moonflame: all of your hexipuffs are fantastic! Can't wait to see your finished chair cushion. Sorry about your wine. You obviously aren't Irish because the picture would've had a straw and a much smaller puddle!  Cheesy (I can say that because I'm Irish!)

midkiffsjoy: thank you for sharing your stationery box story. It's sweet that you spritzed it with your perfume and the finished project is beautiful.

netchez: Yay scarfy goodness! Love the striped one especially.

Thanks to everyone for posting their assignments for all to see. Such a crafty bunch!

Class: Astronomy
SPEW: n/a
House: Ravencalw
Project Name: Mousy Pincushion
Brief Description: Whipped up a little mousy pincushion to collect all those stray pins...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #764 on: February 19, 2014 02:58:08 PM »

Acadian Driftwood: oh, how I want to try snow tie dyeing but alas, no snow here ever.

If you follow the link to the tutorial I used (it's in my main post, not in my HPC post), you'll see that you can also use ice cubes, or crushed ice, for the same effect! Also, your mousie pincushion is tooo cuuuuute!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014 02:58:29 PM by Acadian Driftwood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #765 on: February 19, 2014 03:51:27 PM »

Proposing my first OWL! I'm excited!  Cheesy

OWL Subject & Option: Potions option 1
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Patchwork wallets
Brief Description: For my Potions OWL, I want to work with many different colors and patterns. I will sew 20 (more if I finish early) wallets of varying sizes, using a strip patchwork technique similar to my recent ornaments for the outside fabric. I will be using wallet patterns that I drafted myself. I hope to play around with many color combinations, and use up some scraps that have been piling up. My expected timeline goes something like this:

Week 1: gather fabrics and sort into color groups, cut and sew strips into patchwork blocks.
Week 2: sew more patchwork blocks, iron everything, cut out pattern pieces, preliminary piecing together of wallets
Week 3: lots of construction, sewing, turning, and ironing
Week 4: add button closures and any other finishing touches, photograph and edit photos

I've been making progress on my OWL, and want to amend it somewhat - I will be replacing some of the wallets with zipper pouches, of the same patchwork material. The total will still be 20 or above.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #766 on: February 19, 2014 03:53:07 PM »

OMG how cute is that mouse?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
gaudiknight
« Reply #767 on: February 19, 2014 04:38:37 PM »

Pottermouth - That mouse is AMAZING!  I had a thing for mice when I was little, so I think I would have shrieked in glee if I'd seen something like that.  And as an adult I can only admire the details.  So cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #768 on: February 19, 2014 07:49:16 PM »

First off. Thanks for all the support through this cancer stuff! I go in to see the surgeon tomorrow morning to see what my options are like.  I will be keeping everyone up to date about what is happening on that front.

MamanTattoo:  I paint these sun catchers all the time. I just use the plastic ones I find at various stores.  Since your daughter liked them so much I would love to give them to her.  Grin If you'd like just PM me her name and the address you would like me to send them to and I will put together a little package for her.  (How old is she if you don't mind me asking?)

And for classes:

Class: Flying/ Team Dobby
SPEW: NA
House: Slytherin
Project Name:  Floo Powder Purse (single trip)
Project Description: I have had this green and silver glitter fabric hanging around for a few months now.  I bought it because I loved it but had no clue what I would do with it.  Finally it hit me!  I need a floo powder purse. So I worked out my own little pattern and started to sew.  And then it fell apart.  The stitch I used was too confining I guess and literally ripped the fabric apart when I turned it right side out.  So in order to save the project I cut down the fabric sides and gave it a button hole instead of a whopper popper.  It's smaller than I need but will do for a quick trip there and back.  I guess I'll just have to make a slightly larger one for longer, more involved travel.

Class: House Pride
Project Name: Personalized Coin Purse
Project Description: More green and silver glitter fabric with a cut out name and heart. This time my stitch held and didn't tear apart the fabric! Closes with a whopper popper.

Challenge: February Detention
Project Name: Rose in the Devil's Garden Necklace
Project Description: one of my favorite songs by a band called Tiger Army! One of the lines is "so pick the black rose"  So I did! A completely black necklace.  Black rose. Black beads. There is the big rose and then two different sized rose beads along the sides. I am completely in love with the results.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #769 on: February 20, 2014 02:41:52 AM »

Gorgeous necklace - what is the rose made of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set Format Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Flash Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Delete Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Auto Mode Function
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...