A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,138
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 87061 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #750 on: February 18, 2014 10:47:14 AM »

Inselaeffchen : I'm not geek enough to understand your mug rug, could you explain it?? Cheesy

Ah... he's the "baddie" in Marvel's "Avengers" and "Thor". Wink

Mistress Jennie, I hope you and your students will feel better soon! Not nice to be ill (believe me, I know how you feel!). Just take it all slow and rest. We promise not to play Quidditch in the Big Hall...  Wink

Ok... Hopefully my explanation will work for my last Swap item (last craft item finished at the moment)... Wink

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Divination
SPEW: N/A
Quidditch:Goal for Slytherin
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Connecting the dots (Geeky Swap item)
Brief Description: Another Swap item (other side of double sided). Wink I've observed a spider building her web, how she's building it. The main character of the show is observing, solving riddles and connecting all the dots, however small they might be. This reminded me on how the spider's web is connected, and every little detail is important.
Project Picture:

Linky
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014 03:22:44 PM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #751 on: February 18, 2014 03:42:46 PM »

Moonflame: *referee blow* Hope you don't mind, but those Puffs would fall more under House Unity then Quidditch catch. Still, they are pretty! Can't wait to see the final product!

Ooops!  OK. Smiley  Can I still count them for goals since I used materials I already had?

I have another one, too - Slytherin's Home Quidditch Jersey:

Challenge: Make a goal for Hufflepuff/House Unity (Can it be both?)
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Slytherin' Home Again
Project Description: Another hexipuff modeled on the Quidditch Sweaters for dd's Quidditch-themed chair cushion.  This one is Slytherin's Home Jersey. Smiley
Project Pic:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Moonflame
« Reply #752 on: February 18, 2014 05:14:47 PM »

Erinaquahearts  LOVE those suncatchers! So happy-making! Smiley

Gaudiknight WELCOME to Hogwarts!!!  That shawl is jaw-dropping!!  Shocked

Acadian Driftwood  Cool shirts! (See what I did there? Wink  )  And that ATC is AWESOME!!  w00t!

BlupaisanOMG, OMG, OMG!  Can I just say how much we all LOVED your ATC and wrapping job?  3 words. Fa.  Bu.  Lous!!!!! ^_^  All of my kids were in stitches - Richard Scarry was a much-read author here. ^_^  You even inspired my eldest (who loves to create, but has a REALLY hard time getting started) to do pics with captions of her own.  (Mr Putter and Tabby paired with Harold Coyle's The 10,000, LOL!)

BadWolf314  Thanks!  I love the sparkly, too.  Wow!  Your quidditch  jersey is AWESOME!  And I <3 the gloves!  And your feast is soo festive! Cheesy  Sounds delicious!!  

Rockmygypsysoul  Those cards turned out lovely!  

MamanTattoo That is a really neat coat!  I think embroidery sounds like an excellent idea!

Inselaeffchen  I love your secret creation!  Have to show my eldest when she gets home from choir because she's a HUGE fan. Cheesy  Oooh, I think you'll love making hexis if you decide to do it.  They're SO addictive.  

I have a proper snitch catch for Huffle, too:

Challenge: Catch the Snitch for Hufflepuff
Project Name: Catty Catty Beater Batty
Project Link: I'm not a great crocheter yet, so it's loosely based on this drumstick, LOL!  I decreased a little less, and "zenned" the knobby bit at the end.
Project Description: I was inspired by Nicajeanie's quidditch bat. Smiley  Wheatley is a real toy-boy.  I find his snitch lying around all over the place, not to mention all kinds of other things he plays with.  I think this quidditch bat may have been bewitched by Dobby, because it really flies around when he plays with it.  It's a little lumpy - either cuz I'm still not that great at wandwork, or because it's been through a few matches. ^_^
Project Pics: Here's the bat, and then his reaction when I first gave it to him:

BITE!

BAT.

BAT BAT BAT!  Grin

Oh, and there may have been a slight "incident" with the bat.  ^_^  
Seriously, though.  Don't drink and craft.  My poor wine. . .

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014 06:18:01 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #753 on: February 18, 2014 06:34:45 PM »

Congratulations ErinAquaheart!!!  I'm still sending blessings & prayers your way! Grin

May I join in?  I know it's late in the semester, but I've been stuck in the library getting way too excited about all the books.
~*Welcome to Hogwarts*~  We are thrilled to have you join us.  And yes, you can join in at anytime during a semester.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate in asking, either by PM or right here in this thread; our students are extremely helpful.  I must say your Winter Leaves Shawl is gorgeous!  I absolutely adore the addition of beads.  I can't wait to see more of your crafty magic.  Have fun! Grin

Just a quick announcement....  Deputy Headmistress Jennie is sick.  As are all of her students.  As we head into Tech for a huge musical.  Sad  New Bertie Bott's Bean will be delayed until Mistress Jennie is well again.  In the mean time, you can still craft the Tomato Bean if you wish. 

Ok, back to bed...
Oh no...Sending healing blessings your way!  Take care & rest. ((HUGS))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #754 on: February 18, 2014 06:41:27 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott Tomato
Project Name: A Hornet Pride Earflap Hat for Lukas
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: My nephew has been using my sister's earflap hat, during the recent wretched weather, so I crocheted him an earflap hat in his school's football team's spirit colors, green and white.  Now he can be warm and show his team spirit at the same time. Smiley  I used the free Micah Make's Earflap Hat pattern.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes (SoAR)
Project Name: A stationary box for Joy
Brief Description: When my mother was in college, back in 1960, box purses were very popular.  My mother made a box purse for her mother for mother's day.  Years have past, Granny died, and the purse was found in a closet.  First my sister used it.  Then my children found it, packed away in the loft.  I found it on the porch.  It had been there a while, and was in sad shape.  I pulled the red velvet lining and circular mirror out.  I dismantled the box, taking off all the hardware.  I sanded the inside down very well.  I did not want to take the outside down to the wood, but the modge podge had become thick and nasty.  I used an already used up sanding pad on my orbital sander to take the top layer of modge podge off, just down to the layer right over the picture.  It helped immensely.  I cut a wood divider to fit, and glued it inside the box's bottom.  I nailed the divider in to make it extra sturdy.  I used scrapbooking papers in yellows to line the inside of the box, to match the outside color.  (I love that the scrapbooking paper has post marks printed on it.)  I started to put the piano hinge back on, but realized that the top and bottom of the box did not line up just right, so I used a hacksaw to cut the piano hinge in half and then mounted the hinge on the box.  I spritz the inside of the box with my perfume, JOY, and let it air dry for a couple of days before storing my stationary in the box so my stationary smells like me.  Smiley
This is my SoAR project because I am trying to learn to write in Victorian script, and have two penpals that I write to in order to practice my writing.  When I was young, stationary could be bought in almost any store.  I have found that stationary has become a very rare and hard to find item, stationary boxes unheard of.  I am told everywhere, "People don't write letters anymore".  So I made myself a stationary box to happily store all of the stationary that I find in hope that I become practiced in Victorian script.  Smiley
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #755 on: February 18, 2014 07:05:57 PM »

Inselaeffchen: NOW I see it!!! Now I understand!! it's all on me, my son's been listening to the advengers over and over again, I should have seen him!
The next one I saw them at first glance. <3 <3 <3

Moonflame: House Unity alone can score or hit, so you know next time Cheesy That drumstick turned out well, I couldn't have told Smiley

midkiffsjoy: This is a lovely hat, and an even lovelier stationary box. I love the story behind it, an as I person that loves calligraphy and handwritten letters, and just receiving real mail in general, this is brilliant Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #756 on: February 18, 2014 08:35:22 PM »

Way to go, ErinAquaheart!!!!! Congrats on the spectacular news!  Kiss

Headmistress Jennie, Madam Pomfrey has requested your presence in the hospital wing pronto because there isn't an ailment that she can't cure. Heal fast and then sew faster, so we can see your quilt.

Will comment on everyone's smashing projects tomorrow. I solemnly swear!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

netchez
« Reply #757 on: February 18, 2014 10:25:22 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott Bean - Tomato
SPEW:
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: A Spirit Scarf for Lukas
Brief Description: Every week the local school has a spirit day... and you wear the school colors.  Lukas' school colors are green and white.  The weather has been so bad that he needed a scarf to keep his throat Protected from the weather.  So I picked up my handy wand and proceeded to whip up a scarf for him.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  Arithmancy
SPEW:
Project Name: Number 4
Brief Description: As I was looking through my stash and trying to think of a number (and not having much luck), this one yarn kept appearing over and over and over...  All of a sudden it hit me....4!  It had four colors it in and as I searched through the stash, I found 4 hanks of it.  I made a hat and scarf to keep warm in the windy weather here.  Four just keeps cropping up!  When I finished I made 3 more scarves (for a total of 4...) from the same pattern.

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
netchez
« Reply #758 on: February 18, 2014 11:10:25 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Hufflepuff score
SPEW:
Project Name: Catch the snitch for Hufflepuff
Brief Description: I know it is too late... (I totally forgot) but I wanted to show my support for Hufflepuff one more time and so We caught the snitch for Hufflepuff... and gave it to Simone for Valentine's Day!  The snitch is 1" in diameter... just her size!
Project Picture:

Again... I'm sorry guys... it got lost in the craft bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #759 on: February 19, 2014 05:27:36 AM »

Why you say it's late?? It'll count in the finals Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Chinese Pancakes
How to Prepare a Thai Breakfast
How to Cook Thai Chicken with Coconut and Basil
How to Prepare Unagi Nigiri
How to Prepare Tsukemono
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...