A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 76615 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #700 on: February 13, 2014 07:09:28 PM »

Challenge: Detention: February
SPEW: n/a
House: Hufflepuff *bludger to Slytherin*
Project Name: Black eats the rainbow
Project Page Link: http://friendship-bracelets.net/pattern.php?id=38099 (not my pattern)
Brief Description: Did you know, that when we see the color black, it's because that pigment is absorbing all the other colors in the visible light spectrum, leaving nothing to bounce back to our eyes? To represent that, I made this knot bracelet that features black surrounding the rainbow spectrum. (pinkleo and Mistress Jennie, please let me know if this doesn't fit the prompt enough, and I can re-submit for a different challenge.)

Challenge: Valentine Tea Party
House: Hufflepuff *quidditch goal*
Project Name: Wear you heart on your sleeve
Project Page Link: http://friendship-bracelets.net/pattern.php?id=23684 (not my pattern)
Brief Description: I made this little heart friendship bracelet to wear to the tea party (and to make sure I could manage the switch-back kind of knot before I try a more complicated pattern).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
WhistleFish
« Reply #701 on: February 13, 2014 09:24:11 PM »

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this whole post. Haha. I've been on a roll lately with the crafting so be prepared for a long post! I've got lots of homework to turn in. Here we go!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
SPEW: None
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: 3DS XL Case
Project Page Link: None yet
Brief Description: I was attempting to go to the Muggle Russian Olympics and I took a wrong turn on my broomstick due to some foul weather and ended up very far north in some tiny little town. No one spoke a lick of English but I did notice quickly that I was NOT dressed for their weather. EVERYTHING was cozied up to keep warm. Inspired by their coats and padding I decided to make a cozy little case for my husband's 3DS XL so it would stay nice and warm when he wasn't playing it. (It's his Valentine's present!) I used what was in my stash which is why it isn't the manliest of fabrics but it works! I even made a little strip for him to keep his games.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name: The Little Prince Shadowbox
Brief Description: I made this for the OTT Literary Swap. One of my partners favorite books is "The Little Prince". It's an almost magical Muggle tale about a boy who has fallen to earth from an asteroid.   This is one of my favorite things I've ever made for sure. I wish you all could see it in real life. It's just so neat!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean - TOMATO
Project Name: Body Parts Magnets and Book!
Brief Description: I love my little Luna dearly, but I've been a lazy mommy lately. I've been working part-time recently and I realized I can do all sorts of awesome SAHM things now that I've got the time. (I'm starting to think it's the best of both worlds, only working part time! I'm really loving it!) So, to show Luna some love I've been pinteresting and came up with some fun stuff that she'd be interested in. I decided to start with body parts...she knows almost all of the already but not the odd/specific ones like ankle, elbow, forehead, ect. so I came up with some fun activities and also made these...
Project Picture:
This one's a bit creepy but she likes it! They're body part/people magnets. Just cut some pictures out of magazines, glued them to cardstock, laminated them, and put a magnet on the back. Voila!

I also found some flashcards online, printed them out, laminated them, and made them into a little book...

Bonus: Pipe cleaner/hole jar thingy. Not body-part related but she loves doing it.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Help Madam Puddifoot
Project Name: Valentine's Cards!
Brief Description: I really think Madam Puddifoot would approve of these pink and purple Valentine cards! Luna is completely into stickers right now. I've been having her make cards so we can do something constructive with them inside of just putting them in her notebook (or on every other little thing in the house...nothing is safe!). She did the stickers and the scribbles, I supervised, and I did the greetings on the outside and all the writing on the inside. She did a great job! I can't wait to hear what the family think. Cheesy
Project Picture:

Okay, that's all I've got to turn in but since I have to work tomorrow and won't have time to post....here's my Advanced Studies Friday update:

**My feet are included for size reference. Lol.**
It's coming along! I swear those, with that many colors, I'll probably still be able to make a 3rd blanket with the same yarn. Anyone want to trade Caron Simply Soft for anything else? I need to switch things up. Lol. Originally I wove in the yarn as I went, then I quit. Then I spent one night weaving some in then I quit again. I really need to spend another night weaving them in. This is the first time I haven't woven them in as I went and I don't think I like it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014 09:24:57 PM by WhistleFish » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: February 14, 2014 08:54:27 AM »

Nicajeanie The scarf is gorgeous! The gingerbread squares look delicious and I love the snitch toy!
pottermouth Wow! The snowflake is amazing!
Inselaeffchen Awesome swap items!
Moonflame Cute Huffle puff!
vincentvanbuck I love the ATC! It turned out fantastic!
Audania1 I love the colors of the blanket and the hat is awesome!
Acadian Driftwood The bracelets are cute! The heart one is my favorite!
WhistleFish Awesome case! I love that you included a strip for some games! The shadow box is adorable and Luna is a lucky girl to have such an awesome mommy making all sorts of things for and with her! And the quilt is looking awesome!!!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Madam Puddifoot's Valentine Tea Party
House: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Pitch: Score for Slytherin (all paper was from the mountains I have)
Project Name: 8bit Heart Card
Project Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcmQzDs7zLg
Brief Description: I dont do the frilly and lacy heart thing, so Madam Puddifoots request is not my cup of tea. I finally managed to come up with an idea thats not only a heart but fits my non-frilly personality. And it makes a great card for my nerdy husband.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
coulsenl
« Reply #703 on: February 14, 2014 01:20:40 PM »

Challenge: DA - Room of Requirement
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Rice Filled Handwarmer
My fiance spends a lot of time working outside in every weather and he despises the cold. So for part of his valentines gift I made him a handwarmer that he can heat up at work and keep in his pocket for a bit of relief from our canada cold.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #704 on: February 14, 2014 03:50:37 PM »

Hello HPCers! Grin  This witch has been busy revamping her kitchen.  You see my oven went out (it's been on its last legs for awhile), and in true Gryffindor fashion, I decided to conquer the quest of redoing everything!  So I'm painting cabinets, getting granite countertops (ordered & got a super sweet deal), new floors (for the whole house), finally doing a backsplash, new wall colors, a table redo...just everything.  I've dreamed of tackling this project for a long time, but never could convince my hubby.  Well you know what, I just decided it was just time!  (no worries, he's on board now)

Challenge: Madam Puddifoot's VDay Tea Party
Project Name: Sweet Nothings Fruit Dip
Brief Description: I make this dip every year on Valentine's Day (and many more days, because I adore it so.Super simple to make: Mix together 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese (softened) and 1 (7oz) jar of marshmallow fluff, and serve.  See!  Told you it was simple....and delish.  Okay, off to enjoy some tea & fruit before whipping up my Vday dinner.  Wishing everyone a magical Valentine's day! Grin
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #705 on: February 14, 2014 04:00:57 PM »

Congrats on your kitchen re-do, Headmistress! I bet you'll enjoy brewing up new culinary magic in the blink of a newt's eye.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #706 on: February 14, 2014 07:32:48 PM »

BadWolf314 - I couldn't help but smile at your nerdy V-Day card.  Grin

WhistleFish - those are all great projects.  I especially like the playthings for Luna and the wonderful Little Prince shadowbox.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Altered Puzzle Pieces Rd. 9
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6
  • July Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)
  • August Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #707 on: February 14, 2014 07:49:55 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin I HAVE EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I got results back from my most recent scans on Thursday and we were thrilled to hear the news.  I had five tumors that were very large in my liver making me only have about 20% healthy liver tissue.  The largest was 2.2cm! and was interfering with my inferior vena cava.  This made me inoperable and have a very poor prognosis.   Cry  BUT...... After my chemo treatments my scans show that not only do I have FEWER tumors,  Shocked (some have completely disappeared), but the largest most horrible one is now only 10mm!  More than half the size that it was originally!  Shocked  Cheesy  This means that I am now eligible for surgery and am going to be seeing the surgeon next Thursday to discuss my surgery options.  I am super excited!  Grin Grin Grin

And then.....I painted another painting.....

Class: Potions
SPEW: NA
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Who Stole the Cookies!?!
Project Description: This took a lot of time and attention to detail. Layers and layers of watercolors until they got the right tone and shade to them. Definitely had to be "brewed" carefully.  Wink

I can't figure out how to make this picture bigger!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: February 14, 2014 08:39:52 PM »

Congratulations ErinAquaheart! I am so happy to hear your fantastic news!  And also, that painting is adorable!  It's my favorite of the ones you've done recently.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Altered Puzzle Pieces Rd. 9
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6
  • July Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)
  • August Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #709 on: February 14, 2014 09:50:42 PM »

Pinkleo - hooray for a kitchen/house redo!! lol  Grin
Im totally loving all of the things for little Luna - have I mentioned yet again how I adore her name?
Erinaquaheart - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!   Grin Grin Grin That is wonderful news!! Just so amazing and you deserve such a break. Way to go, you beautiful lady!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Smooth Summer Hair in a Few Simple Steps
Revamping Your Beauty Routine
How to Do Flawless Makeup Like Megan Fox
How to Fake the Look of Fillers With Makeup
How to Get Full Red Lips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...