A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,038
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 76444 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #670 on: February 10, 2014 06:30:08 AM »

Love the atb!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #671 on: February 10, 2014 10:27:48 AM »

Challenge: DA- Impediment Jinx
House: Gryffindor
Name: Laundry Basket
Desc: This is the last proof of the frozen yougourt pops we made this weekend. We had about 24! It's just plain yougourt, a bit of milk, a splash of mapple syrup and food colorant (red and we had blues too).

Challenge: DA-Help the Room of Requirement
Quidditch- Hit Hufflepuff!
Name: Laundry Basket
Desc: When I saw Pinkleo's crocheted basket I knew it what just what I needed. I used the box of yarn ends I have. I made it for my girl to haul her cloth upstairs. Now I'm making one for my son too!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #672 on: February 10, 2014 10:29:51 AM »

ErinAquaheart The necklaces and earrings are gorgeous!!! The mermaid and bunny are lovely! And the Hamlet drawings are adorable! The hand warmers are adorable, I love the color combination! And yay for getting things sorted!!!
ladychris2010 WELCOME to Hogwarts!!! The Unity dress is lovely and what an awesome way to use up some yarn!
DragonChilde They are all paper, I used my Silhouette to cut them out.The lip balm looks awesome! I love the color!
Inselaeffchen Your swap item is awesome!!! Its just perfect! The scrapbook page is lovely!
Mistress Jennie Your bracelets are AMAZING!!! And the ATB is gorgeous!!!
MamanTattoo The yogurt pops look delicisou!!! And I love the colors of the bag!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean: Tomato
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Companion Cube Fuzzy Dice
Project Link: http://jefita.com/blog/2010/07/beloved-cube-part-i/
Brief Description: Another one of my sisters-in-laws birthday is in Feb. She just got a new car and she loves portal. So I made her some companion cube fuzzy dice! I hope she loves them as much as my poor pricked fingers love that they are finished!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA: Reductor Curse
Quidditch: Score a goal for Slytherin
Project Name: Saber Minifig
Project Link: More pictures here!
Brief Description: I love legos and when my husband introduced me to the Fate Stay anime series I fell in love with the character Saber. I just had to recreate her in Lego form. I searched through my stash of legos and found pieces I wouldnt be too sad about altering and volia! I now have a cool little mini version of Saber!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention: February
Quidditch: Bludger to Hufflepuff
Project Name: Dice Bag
Brief Description: Ive gotten more into Magic the card game recently and I just ordered some cute dice to use because the plain boring ones my husband uses arent cool enough for me. But I didnt have a place to carry them around in so I whipped up this black bag using some extra fleece I had lying around.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Quidditch: Score a goal for Slytherin
Project Name: TARDIS String Art
Brief Description: Spiders webs are amazingly intricate and deceptively simple. In an attempt to understand the web making process better, I attempted to reconstruct my own web design. I used a scrap piece of wood from the garage and some extra nails and some string I had and went to work. Im mostly happy with how it turned out (I wish I had used a ruler and level to make sure everything was perfect). But the complexity and just the sheer amount of string I used for such a little space makes me respect the spider so much more.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Quidditch: Bludger to Hufflepuff
Project Name: Mario Hat
Project Link: http://cally-cruze.blogspot.com/2011/10/super-mario-bros-hat-tutorial.html
Brief Description: When I was growing up we lived close to a lot of my mothers family. We had lots of cousins and whenever we would all get together it was crazy! The adults would usually get sick and tired of us kids but when we brought out the Mario Kart the transformation was sudden. Everyone wanted a turn to play, even the adults. Wed have competitions and tournaments to see who was the best. Mario had a way of transforming our boring family outings into a race to the finish! I had some leftover red fleece from a project my husband did that I used to make the hat.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
WhistleFish
« Reply #673 on: February 10, 2014 01:55:18 PM »

Congrats Best of 2013 Crafters!! We have so many in our group, how awesome! Ill have to aim to make it next year. Hehe.

@netchez: Youre on a crochet kick! Let me know how the pot handle works out. My husband has a new cast iron skillet and I was thinking I would make something to cover the handle and I didnt know if crocheted cotton would keep it cool enough.
@pinkleo: I want to make something for Madam Puddifoot  just to claim that pretty badge! Cheesy
@vincentvanbuck: Another awesome paper quilling! Amazing! You should do a bunch of flags that would look so neat.
@pottermouth: Isnt it amazing how sometimes the smallest little projects make the biggest messes? I cant stop staring at your pom pom puppies. They are SO CUTE. Seriouslyif we are ever in a swap together I am formally requesting one of those puppies. Hehe.
@DragonChilde: Those are such cute chore charts. You did a wonderful job. Cheesy
@Nicajeanie: That snowflake to the far left is AMAZING.
@TechnicolorAquahearts:  I love how nice and long that scarf is. (Side note: My husband works with autistic children and those colors remind of the autism puzzle piece symbol!)
@midkiffsjoy: Keep this up and your doll will have more clothes than I do. Hehe. I love the hat and sweater set!
@noodle-bug: Love that box of sunshine! I almost joined that swap but stopped myself. I knew Id buy too much. Haha. I didnt know there were so many yellow candies.
@MamanTattoo: Love those pants! And hes getting so big! That picture of your daughters skirtI cant stop staring at her cute little pinky toe sticking out. Hehehe. Cant wait to see the coat!
@Acadian Driftwood: Your hoop is fantastic! Perfect for spring.
@BadWolf314: Frozen! Love the Let it Go cards! I also think you did an amazing job on the Mario hat. The shape is spot on!
@ErinAquaheart: Your drawings always amaze me! I can actually use these beads instead of look at them in disgust and walk away Youre cracking me up. Lol.
@ladychris2010: Cute Barbie dress! I love the idea.
@Ratfinkz: Thats such a sad story! (Love the screennamehehe)
@Inselaeffchen: The little girl in the black shirt in that second picture is just too cute. That expression is adorable!!
@Mistress Jennie: I love the law school bracelet! What a specific bracelet to makehehe. I would have never thought of that. Its such a great idea!

Done! Also, the Muggle Studies classroom and Gryffindor Tower have been updated. Maybe I'll turn in a project or two of my own this evening. Hope you're all well. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladychris2010
« Reply #674 on: February 10, 2014 04:58:07 PM »

Everyone's got such awesome projects.

@BadWolf314: Awesome job on the TARDIS design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Started a craftalong for Sailor Moon fans. Come join in!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430909.msg5147318#msg5147318
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #675 on: February 10, 2014 05:53:45 PM »

Here's my futile attempt at typing what I was thinking as I saw everyone's submissions. It seems a bionic, freak strain of germ has made me ill, so forgive me now if this posting goes all weird.

Eee, Maman! Seeing delicious baby cheeks is just what I've been needing lately. I love V's woolies and M's stash busting skirt! Can't wait to see the fleecy coat.

midkiffsjoy, you've made Simone such a wonderful wardrobe!  She looks so happy.

Acadian D., stunning hoop! I love those flowers!!!

BadWolf, oh man, that snowman is hilarious! And silhouettes are nearly my favourite thing to craft and yours are fantastic.

ErinA., always enjoy seeing what you are painting or drawing, and these apple people have me intrigued!

blupaisan, Yay ATCs! I think I need your Lucky Cat!

ladychris, welcome to the castle; you'll have a blast. Your House Unity project is great!

DragonChilde, making your own lip balm is so very awesome.

Inselaeffchen, congrats on your first scrapbook layout! Looks great!

Headmistress jennie, love, love the Abe bracelet and your ATB is spot on. That's the way to interpret someone's interest into a piece.

Now I'm hoping to bits that I haven't forgotten anyone, and if so, trust that seeing all of the projects here are always an inspiration and a pleasure to see.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014 05:56:05 PM by pottermouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #676 on: February 10, 2014 09:12:52 PM »

Ratfinkz- OMG!!!!  Same here!!!  I remember we rented THAT version when I was about 8yo.  When Disney came out with "their" version I FLAT REFUSED to watch it.  To this day, my little girls are over the moon for Arial, but we do not own The Little Mermaid, and I will not buy it.  Just seeing anything to do with The Little Mermaid is enough to turn my stomach.  Die? or plunge a dagger in the heart of your one true love while he's in bed with the other woman he just married.  Yeah... Not a kids movie.  

And I grew up on a working cattle ranch.  I was not raised to have a weak stomach.  But ........ no.  Just ........ no.  *hugs*

Inselaeffchen- I "cheat".  I start crocheting and hold it up to the back of her head as I add rows until it doesn't need to get any wider.  Then I stop making increasing rows and just add rows of the same number stitches.  Everyone's dolls will be different depending on the fluffiness of their wig, or the size head they use.  My 4yo wants a Bleuette so her doll can share clothes with my Simone, but her doll's head is going to be a Dora doll's head that I'm adding to a Bleuette manikin body like an old fashioned shoulder plate doll.  We're actually having a lot of fun with it.  Which is awesome because the weather keeps us indoors.  There's nothing else we can do.  lol.

Erin- I love seeing your drawings. Smiley

Badwolf314- OMG  Lego guy!!!  So cool!!  I love your Mario hat.  Smiley

Whistlefish- I'm to the point that I really need a trunk or something to keep her stuff in.  It's all over the place.  (And little people keep walking off with it)

I'm really very SOL.  I'm trying to catch up on my classes, but I keep being reminded that Simone doesn't have "team wear".  Down here in Texas (where outsiders believe we consider football somewhat of a religion) we take "Game Day" *very* seriously.  On Fridays we all wear our Team shirts, ribbons, buttons, necklaces, embroidered socks, hair ribbons, and cheerleader outfits.  The more Team Spirit gear you had, the cooler you are.  And Simone only has a hat and mitts.  *hang head*  And as I work on gear for HER, I'm being told that Sarah (AnnoyingBigSister's Disney store version of a AG doll) needs Team Spirit gear too, so she doesn't feel left out.  And then preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'AnnoyingLittleSister') points out that her doll has no Team Spirit gear.... and HER doll can't wear Simone's gear because SHE roots for Team Slytherin.  *facepalm*  roflmbo  Man I'm glad I hoard, .... I mean "have an extensive stash".  Wink 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014 09:31:25 PM by midkiffsjoy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #677 on: February 11, 2014 01:53:29 AM »

Good to hear I am not the only one! My husband is a Disney freak but I will not let him have that on when I am around, nor buy it on DVD! Most definitely NOT a kids film (the Disney version is fluffier...but brr memories!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #678 on: February 11, 2014 03:45:41 AM »

Quite a lot of the original versions of fairy stories are pretty child-unfriendly, disney had to prettify them quite a bit. I remember one of my first jobs for a TiE company (touring around and performing in primary schools)  we were doing the traditional Pinochio, and I had to take the writer out of the rehearsal room and explain that we would be cutting the scene where Pinochio crushes Jimmy-Cricket against the wall, killing him in a fit of temper. Not suitable as a christmas treat for 5 year olds!!

~*COMPLETED OWL*~
OWL Subject & Option: Divination option 2
Project Name: Brett's Throw
This is my first attempt at moss stitch, and I'm really pleased with how it came out - I like how using two stands of contrasting yarn has picked out the texture.
The throw is about 2/3s the size of a generous single blanket, so perfect for snuggling under for quick naps full of lovely cosy dreams
It was originally intended to have an attached i-cord border. I have practised knitting i-cords on the train the last couple of week, knitting and unravelling scrap yarn, and am now pretty good at them. But as I worked on the border the last couple of days, I grew more and more sure that the throw looked better without it! So I just spent the morning unpicking and declare the throw finished (just a day late according to my time-scale plan too!)

gratuitous close up:

~*OWL PROPOSAL*~
OWL Subject : MS
House: ravenclaw
Project Name: Lots of Bears!
Brief Description: As I learnt in my Transfiguration classwork this term, lots of muggle fairy stories have bears in them. For my OWL I will continue to study these bear stories, and will craft a number of bear-hoods in a variety of sizes:
4 x 3-9 months (for; Brian's twins, Alice's baby, mum's running partner's youngest grandchild)
1 x toddler (for mum's running partner's middle grandchild)
1 x child (for mum's running partner's oldest grandchild)
1 x adult (For Amy)

since the adult hood I already made took just over a week, I am hoping that I will do Amy's hood in week one, the child hood and toddler hoods in week two, and the baby hoods in week three. The smaller sizes need less knitting, and I'm bound to get faster at them as I get familiar with the pattern
I will also be making some adjustments to the pattern; particularly I will not be casting off the top and sewing together as I don't really like the bump that forms (it's a big obvious bump because it's such chunky wool) so i will try folding the top in half and grafting together - I have been practising my grafting since the jumper so it will be good to use my new skill

Challenge: Appirition Club
House: ravenclaw
Project:
I went to Gotheburg in Sweden last year - and I have no idea why, but whne I came out of my hotel on saturday morning, their were balloons tried yo all teh lamppost down the street, and people dancing everywhere, and a couple of cafes had set up outside stages with little bands performing. No one seemed to be able to explain this - it didn't seem to be a festival or celebration or anything and they looked at me very strangely when I asked. So maybe that's just saturday in Gothenburg?? Anyway, I was left with an impression of a city full of sunshine, joy and music - and I've honoured that by using music paper to cover a new storage box

Class: DADA
House: ravenclaw - Go EAGLES!
Project:
A Hoopla for my partner in the FFFoF swap (on weave) to hang on her wall. It's a bestiary themed swap, and my partner likes birds. My favourite thins about birds is how similar they are to dinosaurs - the skeletons in particular make the evolutionary connection obvious - so I did her an embroidery of a pigeon skeleton, in stem stitch with a little back stitch and some stamped lettering
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014 04:37:44 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: February 11, 2014 07:14:15 AM »

OWL PROPOSAL: History of Magic, Option 3
Project Name: Tea Time Throw Quilt

Brief Description: You all know that I'm moving, and that setting up my new craft room will be my current NEWT project. In addition, I'm proposing an OWL to go along side the NEWT.  I will be making myself a quilt for the big squishy arm chair in my craft room.  When I saw the fabric below, I just knew I had to make something from it, because the color scheme matches my personality and my new craft room so well!  For now I am planning on creating a whole-cloth quilt, so that I will not have to cut up the fabric. (The concept of whole cloth quilts, and quilting itself, are both vintage techniques.)  To make this a bit more difficult for myself (as I quilt often), I will be studying a different technique in quilting the layers together.  Normally I do free motion "squiggle" quilting, but this time I will be working to perfect my use of a walking foot, in order to quilt around the boxes in the design.  I have to admit I'm far more worried about straight lines than I am about curves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Prettiest, Two-Product Makeup Look!
How to Look Wide-Awake for Your First Day of School
Try a Glossy Eye And Matte Lip Look!
Inside the Beauty Closet: Kool Aid Lipstain
Aubrey Plaza Cosmo Dor Latinas Cover Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...