A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 77083 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #650 on: February 06, 2014 10:19:25 AM »

I'm sensing lots of bludger hit from the Slytherin supporteurs!! That'll be fun Smiley

Pottermouth: That mermaid block is beautiful. ... And that papercut is genious!!
Techni, that scarf is yummy! Makes me think of a skittles bag.
Vicentvanbuck and Nicajeanie: Lovely Quilling pieces!

Congratulations Hufflepuffs for winning!!! You are amazing Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #651 on: February 06, 2014 03:34:12 PM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

I just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to everyone who has jumped in to help with Diagon Alley in the last few days.  Thanks to your generosity, the Wizarding World's favorite alley is still open for business, and we'll be able to give away lots of prizes to our participants during the End of Term Feast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #652 on: February 06, 2014 05:36:18 PM »

Challenge; bean - tomato
House; ravenclaw
Project; box of love for Frank
So, my boss at the website i work for told me he'd been pretty down lately - he's a really sound guy and he gets seasonal depressive issues sometimes - so we were joking that all he needed was some sunshine. Anyway, i was inspired by that and the current box of sunshine swap to make him a box of sunshine. I collected yellow stuff - sweets and stationary and stuff. I lined a box with yellow paper and make a yellow name collage for him, and it all goes in the mail tomorrow to share a little love with him
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014 08:43:59 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #653 on: February 06, 2014 07:04:56 PM »

In case some of you were in need of delicious baby cheeks:

Challenge: Quidditch! Bludger hits Hufflepuffs!!
House: Gryffindor
Name: Leftover pants
Desc: I'm using the sleeve and a rest of two different sweaters to make those cozy warm pants for that cloth diapered little bum.

Challenge:  Quidditch! Bludger hits Hufflepuffs!!
House: Gryffindor
Name: Simple animal skirt
Desc: this is a simple waist-gathered skirt made with the leftover of my daugther's quilt for the white parsley, and from my son's quilt for the animal fabric.

I'm rethinking the Quidditch concept for next semester, if you still want me to organize it! I kind of wipped it up as I went this time, and realized too late Slytherin hadn't played with Gryffindor and neither Ravenclaw against Hufflepuff. Sorry! It'll be more carefully planned out next semester.
I'll have to have a chat with the High Ladies Smiley
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014 07:10:15 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #654 on: February 06, 2014 09:02:37 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott Coffee
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Skirt for Simone
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I'm not posting this for points, just the badge.  I had this wonderful, rich fabric.  I wanted to make a dress from it, but the pattern did not arrive in time.  It still hasn't.  But it's just the right color to go with her lovely new wool sweater, so I hand sewed her a gathered skirt to go with it.  It took me 7 episodes of Witchblade to sew it.  But I am very happy with the result. 
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #655 on: February 06, 2014 09:06:46 PM »

Maman Tattoo- I love baby bum sweaters.  They are just so snuggly.  And that strip on your daughter's dress is perfectly charming. Smiley  I love things like that.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #656 on: February 07, 2014 07:09:55 AM »

Challenge: Bean: Tomato
SPEW: n/a
House: Hufflepuff *quidditch score* (stash project)
Project Name: Dreaming of Spring hoop
Brief Description: I recently visited my wonderful friend ChameleonHound, and made her this hoop using my alchemy flowers. She is very ready for spring to be here, so I wanted to bring a little of it to her early!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014 07:12:38 AM by Acadian Driftwood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: February 07, 2014 09:05:09 AM »

DragonChilde The shrines are lovely! You have a lucky swap partner! The snow globes are adorable! CUTE chore chart!!!
blupaisan Awesome bird feeder and the curtains are fantastic! What an awesome way to reuse a coffee bag! The lentil soup looks delicious!
Moonflame MOSS!!!!!! It looks just like him and his sweet style! The tiny coffee cups are so cute! I love the window case pattern, it looks so cool! And I agree, quidditch pencils make homework go a lot faster! Cute Quidditpuffs!
Acadian Driftwood The flowers are adorable and the Quidditch flash drive is a brilliant idea! The hoopla is lovely!
Nicajeanie I know what you mean, ever since I moved from Texas to Idaho, I cant drink as much milk. It taste different up here and I dont like it! The magnet is adorable! The pendant is lovely and the cards are perfect! The snowflakes and quilled snitch are so cute!
FiberAlchemist The gift card holders are awesome! What a fantastic way to personalize it! Yay for organized crafting rooms! And the cinnamon rolls look so yummy!
MamanTattoo WOW!!! Your OWL owls are amazing!!!! The room looks so much better, cant wait to see it finished!!! The tents, snitch bag, and broom are adorable! Cute pants and skirt!!!
tiamatfire The stitch markers are so cute!
pinkleo The headphone pocket is a great idea! And all your yarn colors are fantastic! And CONGRATS to you too for your spots on the Best of 2013!!!
pottermouth WOW!!! Your ATBs are amazing!!! The ATCs are cute and I love the expecto patronum!!! The pompom puppies are adorable!!!
jellybean89 The cake looks delicious!
vincentvanbuck I love the paintings on the wall in your room. They are beautiful! Yay for Doctor Who things and what awesome quillings! 
netchez The mug, mats, and handle cover are great ideas! And I agree with you, it needs to stop snowing everywhere!!! The crown hat is so cute and the blanket is adorable!
TechnicolorAquahearts I love the colors!!! It turned out awesome!
midkiffsjoy Simone looks so warm and lovely in all her new outfits!!! And your hat looks warm too!
noodle-bug Its so bright! It really does look like a box of sunshine!

Advanced Studies Friday!!! So um.. erm.. um.. yeah... about that... I'm hoping to have some time to work on it soon... probably... most definitely... I've been working on a birthday present for another Sister-in-Law (My husband's the oldest of 7 and 3 of them have February birthdays, it's been busy!). And it's almost done!!! I can't wait to give it to her! But because of that my poor lego quilt has been very neglected.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
House: Ravenclaw
Quidditch: Score a goal for Slytherin
Project Name: Do you want to build a snowman?
Brief Description: If I travel a little north I get to places that get a bit more snow than I do at home. That means that if I wanted to I could build myself a snowman! So I used up some of my scrapbooking paper stash that has been a little neglected and whipped up this adorable little guy!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Quidditch: Send a bludger to Hufflepuff
Project Name: Let it Go
Brief Description: Europas covered in ice and I think Elsa would enjoy a visit there! So I made this because Let it Go is my favorite song at the moment. Again using up some of my paper stash and my fantastic cutting machine.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA: Stunning Spell
Project Name: Chicken Wings
Brief Description: This dish is deliciously stunning! My taste buds were in heaven!!! I couldnt get enough of them and we ended up making them again the next week!
Project Picture:

Deep fry about 7 wings for 20 mins at 275 degrees in peanut oil. Then pull them out and let them cool while the oil is reheated to 375 degrees (ideally 400 would be better but my deep fryer only goes up to 375). Melt 2 T ish of butter in a bowl. Add about cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used this awesome raspberry chipotle sauce, soooo good!) to the butter and mix well. Put the wings back in the oil for about 5ish minutes until the skin is nice are crispy (itll start forming some blisters on the skin). Take out of the oil and carefully place wings in bowl with BBQ sauce mixture. Quickly coat the wings with the sauce. The faster you can do this the crispier the wings will be. Some good sides for this are celery and ranch dressing, mashed potatoes, and french fries. Serve up with LOTS of napkins and dig in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #658 on: February 07, 2014 09:56:40 AM »

Class: Astronomy
SPEW: NA
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Europa inspired necklace and earring set
Project Description: Europa is covered in ice which hides an ever flowing ocean. This causes striations across the smooth surface of the moon. Reading about this and seeing some of the pictures of the surface made me want to make something that was as beautiful and mysterious as everything that I had read. I used aqua, blue, and silver beads to represent all the lovely colors; and the beads are faceted and some have the striations that cover the surface Europa.

Class: Transformation
Project Name: The Little Mermaid
Project Description: The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite stories and a classic transformation tale. In the end, in the original story, the poor little mermaid transforms twice; once into a human and then again into sea foam when the prince that she loves marries another.  I decided to illustrate the love sick little mermaid before she trades her fins for legs.

Challenge: Bean--Tomato
Project Name: Pink Bunny Painting
Project Description: Continuing making painting for other....My half-sister requested a pink bunny. So here is my pink bunny with watercolor.

Challenge: DA--Lessons with Harry--Reductor Curse
Project Name: Reductor Curse Necklace
Project Description: I took a very ugly bulky necklace and tore it apart in order to make this lovely blue and silver necklace with sleek beads and tiny silver accents.  Its much prettier and smaller now!

Challenge: DA--Lessons with Harry
Project Name: Protean Charm Hamlet Drawings
Project Description: (NOTE-I am using these for a bigger project later but the sketches themselves took MORE than long enough for a challenge  Angry)  I am playing with making Shakespeare's characters from Hamlet my own. I love my apple people that I've been doodling for a bit now and decided to "hide/cast/Disguise" them in my own version of the play.  I doodled up a Prince Hamlet with Yorick the Apple Skull, Rozencrantz and Guildenstern, and Ophelia drowned.  I'm super excited to work these up into full blown paintings in the next few weeks....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #659 on: February 07, 2014 09:58:53 AM »

Everyone has been so busy making so many wonderful things! Wish I could comment on them all!

LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Monster Puppet Eyes
How to Make a Monster Puppet Head
How to Make a Monster Puppet Mouth Board
How to Make a Monster Puppet Mouth
How to Make a Monster Puppet Tongue
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...