A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 73361 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #640 on: February 05, 2014 07:48:14 PM »

Wow! Thank you so much Pinkleo for pointing out that Erin and I were both in the Craftster best of 2013! What an amazing surprise to log on and find that!

I have a tone of assignments in the works as usual for me at the end of a term but for right now I just have this project:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledore's Army: Sign The Parchment
SPEW: n/a
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Hot colors for cold nights scarf

It was hard for me to pick a signature craft because I do so many with equal frequency, but I am usually always crocheting if I have to wait somewhere or when I am watching TV, and I always make stuff for other people. Well, lately I have gotten a new vocal coach and she caught me out while it was below freezing outside without a scarf which is terrible for your voice, so it was time to make myself something with my crochet. So here it is my neon, voice protector scarf. I made it extra wide and extra long so I can wrap it around twice if I have to in order to keep those chords warm and comfy.

Here is a progress pic where the colors are more accurate:

And the finished project modeled by the lovely ErinAquaheart

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.e tsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #641 on: February 05, 2014 09:31:46 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Pit
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hufflepuff Bleuette Earflap Hat
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: We have been inundated with crazy weather lately, unable to escape it because the truck has been stuck in the pasture for 13 days (and I stuck the tractor in the pasture trying to get the truck out. Oops) making us have to walk anywhere we go.  Being in the middle of the country the only place close enough to walk to is each other's ranches.  We have felt the weather in our bones.  So when I saw that the quidditch topic was weather, I decided to crochet weather gear for my Bleuette.  (I've named her Simone. Smiley  

Here is her Hufflepuff Earflap hat.  Every Hufflepuff needs one to keep their ears warm while watching a match!!! Smiley  

I hope I'm entering this right.  I've never done it before.  
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quiddith Pit
Project Name: Hufflepuff Hand Mitts for Simone
Brief Description: I crocheted hand mitts for Simone to keep her little hands warm while she's cheering on her favorite team.  Smiley  
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledore's Army Fear of a Name & Quidditch Pit
Project Name: A sweater for Simone
Brief Description: Fear of a name.  A very good name, so much in fact that even though I had started one for AnnoyingLittleSiste r, I was too afraid to ever finish it.  Sad  It was crocheting her a sweater.  Something I've ALWAYS wanted to do, but have always been too afraid to try.  SO I decided to crochet a little sweater for Simone.  It still took forever (doing anything scary takes so much longer than it should), but I did it!!! Cheesy  I crocheted a sweater!!!! Cheesy

Quidditch Pit said that a Quidditch Pit project could also be for a class.  I hope that means I can submit Simone's sweater for both DA and QP, but if not then let it be for DA so I can start on the next DA project. Smiley
Project Picture:

Project Name: A  hat for Simone.
Brief Description: When I saw how nice Simone's sweater turned out, I decided she needed a matching hat for her winter outfit.  I started out crocheting it like an earfap hat, but with a DC edge to turn up like Netchez's hats.  But when I tried it on her, I realized it looked just like a vintage style Bleuette hat with the edge turned up in the front, but not in the back.  *Win* Cheesy
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014 10:21:46 PM by midkiffsjoy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #642 on: February 05, 2014 10:23:31 PM »

Project Name: A Hufflepuff hat for ME!!!!
Brief Description: So it occurred to me, while walking to my Mother's ranch through the snow, that I had crocheted hats for everyone in my family............. . except me.  My ears were cold.  SO!!!  I have finally crocheted myself an earflap hat.  Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
netchez
« Reply #643 on: February 05, 2014 10:48:48 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Snow - flake
Project Page Link  attic24.typepad.com (crochet snowflakes)
Brief Description: When we drove north about 120 miles to pick up a milk cow (before all the winter storms hit), we saw snow on numerous cars coming south from Dallas.  When we stopped in Centerville to buy jerky, the little kids got to feel snow for the first time.  This is a reminder of the snow we saw then and since. 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name: Crown hat
Project Page Link (if available): pattern was on a wrapper of Red Heart yarn
Brief Description: Maddy knows she is a princess and wears her crown around the house.  Recently she received a book of favorite fairy tales.  In the story of the Princess and the Frog, the princess is wearing her crown outside to the well (where she meets the frog).  Since it has been so cold, she has to wear a hat outside to cover her ears and retain heat.  Today I made her a hat that is a crown to wear when she goes outside to visit the frog.  Now she will be happy.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeon - January
Quidditch - mark a goal for Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hufflepuff lap blanket for ABS/s Hufflepuff doll (Sarah)
Project Page Link (if available):  done on the fly
Brief Description: When going to the Quidditch match in winter, it is sometimes too cold to just sit there.  So I made a lapghan for Sarah, ABSs doll.  It is yellow and black to support Hufflepuff in their match against Gryffindor.  Unfortunately, Sarah was in the infirmary so our pet stood in for her.   It was made from a rectangle of yellow yarn I had done in double crochet and packed awy.  I happened to see it in my stash, so I took it and single crocheted a round in black and then did shells around the entire lapghan.  This was a wonderful WIP to do during the winter.  I dont know for sure if it can count for both January Detention AND Quidditch , but I hope it can, especially for Quidditch, as I support Hufflepuff.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladychris2010
« Reply #644 on: February 06, 2014 07:18:23 AM »

Hi. Quick question. Would a house unity or house pride project be enough to earn a year?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Started a craftalong for Sailor Moon fans. Come join in!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430909.msg5147318#msg5147318
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #645 on: February 06, 2014 07:28:05 AM »

Okay so I'll set the new Quidditch match asap. All points posted today will go in the Final match, too (it's okay since it's Hufflepuff points!) I meant to update yesterday but I had suprise visit so I'm doing it now. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 06, 2014 07:29:11 AM »

ladychris2010~ Welcome! Yes a single House Unity or House Pride project is enough to earn a year. All you have to do to earn a year is submit one class/challenge for house points (so not common room challenges).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
ladychris2010
« Reply #647 on: February 06, 2014 07:54:36 AM »

Awesome. I'm already working on my house unity project. Though I'll admit, it will have a touch more Slytherin due to that being my house. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Started a craftalong for Sailor Moon fans. Come join in!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430909.msg5147318#msg5147318
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #648 on: February 06, 2014 08:00:43 AM »

QUIDDITCH!!!

Hufflepfull had no mercy for the house of Gryffindor, winning with a stunning 900 over 300 points!!!

FINAL RANKS:
1.Houfflepuff : 1200
2.Slytherin : 440
3.Gryffindor 350
4.Ravenclaw 120

Which means the finals will be between Houfflepuff : and Slytherin :!  Please go to the Quidditch Pitch  to see if you have what it takes to partake in the Finals!!

Please note that I thought yesterday was today, so I started counting today's points at the finals. Luckily for me your points are transferable to this match! phew!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014 08:01:56 AM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 06, 2014 08:54:03 AM »

ladychris2010 Welcome to Slytherin house. I can't wait to see what you have in store. Our common room is on page four of this thread if you haven't found it already.

We made it to the final quidditch match. To win the quidditch cup, we have to win by a margin of 770 points. Lets do this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose Calligraphy Styles
How to Do Old Calligraphy
How to Write Calligraphy
How to Write Calligraphy Letters
How to Do Calligraphy Symbols
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...