A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,071
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 99165 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #610 on: February 01, 2014 06:53:22 PM »

@pottermouth: The Under the Sea ATB is stunning!  And I'm completely in love with your Expecto Patronum Papercut. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #611 on: February 01, 2014 07:05:16 PM »

I love that Expecto Patronum. Very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jellybean89

Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #612 on: February 01, 2014 07:24:47 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean: Coffee
SPEW: n/a
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Streusel Coffee Cake
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: For the coffee bean, I baked a streusel coffee cake using this recipe. It was my first time using the recipe, and the cake tastes good, but some of the streusel topping sunk down to the bottom. The comments at the recipe link suggest adding the topping when there's 5-10 minutes of baking time left, so I might try that next time.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #613 on: February 01, 2014 07:45:42 PM »

I've been a busy little crafter the last couple of days!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Join the DA: Lessons - Disarming
Project Name:
Clean my Craft Room
Brief Description: A messy workspace was definitely preventing me from achieving crafty fulfillment.  Begone, clutter!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name:
Boracay Boat Ride II
Brief Description: I made this lino block print for the 4x6 art swap.  It is another piece based on a photograph I took during a recent trip to the Philippines (the same one I used as the basis for my painting).  In contrast to the painting, which got done in a couple of hours, this piece was worked on over several days, and required a lot of editing and experimenting.  I like how the heavy layer of gold ink adds a nice sheen to the piece.
Project Picture: Since my swap partner has not yet received (and it's a secret swap, so I don't even know who my partner is!), I'm posting a link to the pic for now.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t556/vincentvanbuck/BoracayBoatRideprint.jpg

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Project Name:
Tenth Doctor perler frame
Brief Description: Full disclosure -- I have never seen an episode of Doctor Who before.  However, I enjoy looking at all the cool crafts that fans of the show make.  For my assignment, I was inspired by the number of my Whovian friend's favorite Doctor (Ten) to make this perler bead frame for her refrigerator.
Project Picture: I found a cute design on Pinterest featuring the Tenth Doctor:

But for some reason, I had a horrible time getting the beads fused.  (I already know that our iron at home heats very unevenly, but when I lifted the iron up, lots of beads had not fused *at all*  Huh , and went scattering everywhere.  I had to spend a couple hours trying to do touch-ups and getting everything fused together, which resulted in some sections getting way overheated from repeated ironing.)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name:
Quilled Valentine's Day ATC
Brief Description: I've wanted to try paper quilling for several months now, ever since I first saw some AMAZING quilling projects posted here on Craftster.  Back in December, I bought a quilling starter kit at Hobby Lobby as a Christmas present to myself, but only broke it out for the first time today.  This Valentine's Day themed ATC is my very first attempt at quilling.  I took the patterns straight out of the instruction kit, combining various red hearts with the green stem of a flower to represent my holly colors.
Project Picture:

I can tell that quilling is going to require a lot more... "delicacy" than I'm used to exhibiting in my crafting.   Tongue  Incidentally, the instructions from the kit state that a quick clear-drying, non-tacky glue should be used, but all I had on hands was Aleene's Tacky, and it was definitely not ideal.  Paper crafters, do any of y'all have recommendations on what product(s) you think might be good?

pottermouth - The Artist Trading Blocks look amazing, of course, and the ATCs made me smile ("halitosis", heehee).  But that papercut, wow!!!  Shocked That is just too cool.
jellybean89 - that sounds delicious!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014 07:56:51 PM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
    Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
    DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
    « Reply #614 on: February 01, 2014 09:07:37 PM »

Magpirate~ What a lovely scraper board sketch. I love the broom-tail sparks! That Pasta Alfredo looks delicious! You have a beautiful bike! What a cut Reductor curse.
    blupaisan~ Your OWL sounds fantastic. I can't wait to see it come together.
    Inselaeffchen~ That soup looks great.
    BadWolf314~ Wonderful dishcloths and bookmarks. Yay quotes!
    coulsenl~ Lovely knitting projects. I love the colors you chose. Coffee painting looks fun! I really like how they turned out.
    noodle-bug~ That is a fantastic journal! I love it. Congrats on completing your NEWT! I'm so glad to see that it turned out well. Elvis heeeheehee. I want to read the spanish editions to improve my spanish reading skills.
    Wistlefish~ It's good to see you again. Lovely scrapbook pages.
    Mistress Jennie~ What a lovely color! That is a shade that Fred and George would be proud of (magenta shop robes, anyone?). Congrats on taking the jump to jewelry full time.
    Ant Bee~ Good to see you ::waves:: I've missed you this semester. Congratulations on your engagement!
    ErinAquaherart~ That is a fantastic zodiac drawing! I can't wait to see all the others. Neat scrapbook page! I love your colorful animal drawings.
    Moonflame~ Lovely headband. I adore the color. Lovely phone case. Is the IT Crowd good? Is it funny? (we don't have a TV but can watch things on our projector in the basement). ::squee:: Those are adorable cups of coffee! I love the pattering in your holly project. Cute broom pencil (I had better start hitting some bludgers if I want Slytherin to have a chance in the final match). That is a fantastic hexipuff! The snitch hexi is amazing! I want to hug it.
    blupaisan~ Fantastic bird feeder. I adore watching hummingbirds while I work. ::giggle:: fuzzy but. Those are adorable curtains. Cute brush holder. It looks really functional. That soup looks delicious. I love lentil soup (and split-pea soup and chicken soup and well soup in general)
    Acadian Driftwood~ I love those gold flowers. I feel like those are something that I would make a ton of and then not have enough things to do with them. Cute flash drive. The snitch is soooo cute.
    Nicajeanie~ Adorable milk jug. Good luck with your resolution! Lovely wire pendant. I bet your mom loves it. Lovely cards.
    FiberAlchemist~ Fantastic gift card holders. That is a great way to make what can be a lame gift personal and meaningful. YAY and organized crafting area! (we are working on cleaning up our craft room it never got set up after our remodel). Those cinnamon rolls look great! One of my fondest memories is making sticky buns with my grandma. It looks like you are ready to quilt up a storm.
    MamanTattoo~ Your OWL looks marvelous! Your unicorn is fantastic. Those hardwood floors look great. Beautiful little Brighid. That tea sounds amazing. I'll be making myself some (eventually, I'm pinning it so I can find it later). Those tents are adorable! Lovely snitch bag. It is a wonderful idea for holding small treasures. Adorable broom.
    tiamatfire~ Those stich markers are cute. I really like the beads you used.
    pinkleo~ That is a fantastic nook cozy! I love the little pocket for earbuds. I love the squares you crochet. I adore your yarn basket. I like how your garter cloth turned out.
    pottermouth~ Your ATBs are fantastic! I love the under the sea one. Your Valentine ATCs made me laugh. ::melts:: I love your Expecto Patronum paper cut!
    jellybean89~ That coffee cake looks tasty.
    vincentvanbuck~ YAY another organized craft room! It looks like a place where crafty magic can happen. Lovely boat print. Lovely pearler frame (I haven't seen any Doctor Who yet either). Cute ATC. Great job quilling.

Advanced Studies Friday Saturday
    I haven't made any progress with my NEWT this week. I think I am going to write my own chants for wax on water and smoke scrying. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
    Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
    Audania1
    Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
    « Reply #615 on: February 01, 2014 09:45:21 PM »

Holy moly! I hadn't realized a week had passed since I've been in the HPC (super crazy crafting going on over here.) and everyone is doing fantastic stuff!! I am really loving all of the ATB's! So cute - I'm really digging the mermaid. 
    And there are so many crafty clean-ups! I'm feeling inspired. I really am. I think that is what I will tackle tomorrow, in fact! Thanks for all of the inspiration!

And I have an advanced studies Friday for Saturday to turn in as well. I am trucking along nicely. I got hit by a bug for about a week and really couldn't do much after taking care of the hubby and kiddos with the same thing I had. So much fun, right? Anyway, I powered through a huge section on it this last week and I'm caught up to speed and looking to finish in perfect time. Woot!!

I do have a few projects to turn in but I don't have time tonight. I will try to get them in tomorrow and comment on some of the amazingness that has gone on since I've been out. You guys are AWESOME!!!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
    « Reply #616 on: February 01, 2014 10:20:58 PM »

Hello again! HoM, MS, and Gryffindor Tower have all been updated!  Also, for my Advanced Studies Friday Saturday I would just like to say I've finally picked up my granny square blanket again! (I took a long break for Christmas crafting.) I was going to make it a square but I think I'd like it to be bigger so I've decided on doing FOUR more rows. That should take a while.

Also, I thought I had already submitted this for an OWL but I didn't see it so I'll submit it again (It'll take me at least 3-4 weeks so no worries there. Haha.) (It may have been deleted because I think I accidentally proposed two OWL's at the same time and I don't think that's allowed. Previous OWL is completed so here we go with another one. Smiley)[/i]
    [/color]

OWL Subject & Option(if available):
    Tranfiguration (Option 1)
    House: Gryffindor
    Project Name: Scrap Granny Square Blanket
    Brief Description: I have a TON of yarn left over from my previous blanket so I'm making a basic granny square blanket to help use up some of the stash.

@MistressJennie: I LOVE your new craft room. I cant wait to see how you complete it. Im dreaming of the day Ill get to have a craft room to myself. (Although, lets be real, Ill still probably drag everything into the diningroom or livingroom.) Also, such a neat charm bracelet, as always!)
    @Ant Bee: Happy birthday and congratulations!!!! How exciting! Im so happy for you.
    @coulsenl: Coffee art sounds hard, I feel like youd need some reeeeeally strong coffee. They all look great!
    @ErinAquaheart: That crab looks amazing. I cant wait to see all of them together. Its going to be so awesome. Youre such a good artist!
    @Moonflame, Naantje, noodle-bug:
    How neat to read HP in a different language! It would be so neat to see the little differences in descriptions and such. So cool.
    @Moonflame:
    Your headband is AMAZING! You did such an awesome job. The cables are perfect looking and I love how it tapers in the back. (Side note: Your hair looks very healthy and I love the color!) Also, anytime I see colorwork, Im just in amazement. Great job.
    @DragonChilde:  Cute little shrine! Great pictures you picked out.
    @blupaisan: Dude, you just Macgyverd a sturdy looking birdfeeder out of random supplies. You win. Whatever it is, you win. Lol. And the coffee bag holder genius to add the fabric for wiping. Youre like the superstar of thrifty crafting.
    @Acadian Driftwood: I would love to see a whole bouquet of these gold flowers. Theyre gorgeous!
    @Nicajeanie: Such a cute magnet! Now you can put it on the fridge and it will remind you to drink some milk. Haha. And I love the wire windowso gorgeous.
    @FiberAlchemist: I would totally reuse those card holders if I got one. I should do those for gift cards next year. Amazing job on cleaning up your craft room. Its always a ton of hard work to do it, but isnt it so nice in the end? Andholy moly! 9 quilts preplanned already?! And its taken me over a year to finish one. (Okay, so maybe I dont care for quilt making too much) I cant wait to see them!!
    @MamanTattoo: These are all so gorgeous!!! You did a great job!! My favorites the deer. I like its eyes. Yay for quidditch score! I feel bad because I havent been playing:/
    @pinkleo: Shingles and strep?!?! You are most definitely excused. Haha. Even with all the potions Madam pomfrey can whip up, we still dont want to catch that. I do hope youre feeling better.  Adorable nook cover!! Ive seen covers with little built in pockets for earbuds and its just so clever. I love the colors you used. So bright and happywhat yarn is it?
    @tiamatfire: I hope baby gives you some rest soon! Cute stitch markers!
    @pottermouth: All your ATCs are amazing but the patronus one is absolutely amazing. Such a clever idea!!!
    @jellybean89: That looks and sounds delicious. Itd be gone in less than a day in my house. And theres only two and a half of us. Hehe.
    @vincentvanbuck: What a transformation!!! Whatre you going to use that table for first? Lol. As for quillingI cracked up about your delicacy comment. Ive been curious about this craft but youve convinced me that I would be terrible at it. It sounds like there would be lots of swearing and throwing things across the room if it were me.
    « Last Edit: February 01, 2014 10:22:10 PM by WhistleFish » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
    « Reply #617 on: February 01, 2014 10:25:34 PM »

Exciting news for the Gryffindors! Head on over to Gryffindor Tower for details on the new "End of the Semester Raffle"!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
    « Reply #618 on: February 02, 2014 04:15:18 AM »

Congratulations to BadWolf314, ErinAquaheart, jennieingram, MamanTattoo, netchez, pottermouth, and TechnicolorAquahearts.  They earned coveted spots on Craftster Best of 2013Amazing Crafty Magic!! Cool

And you, pinks! Congratulations y'all!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
    netchez
    « Reply #619 on: February 02, 2014 07:49:55 AM »

OH! I'm in shock!  Congratulations to the others who made "Witch of the Week" too.  I never imagined that Chris's afghan was that good, although he seems to love it.  I enjoyed making it and it is sooo soft and the pattern seemed to fit the idea of a snake slithering along.  Thank you all for this honor.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Bean - coffee
    Project Name: Coffe mug cozy
    Project Page Link (if available): 
    Brief Description: My coffee (tea) always cools off so fast before I can drink it all, so I decided to craft something to keep it warm until I get to it.  This is done using half double crochets alternated with slip stitches. 
    Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
    Project Name: Moon Mug Mats
    Brief Description: I hate to put hot mugs on a wooden table (or ice cold drinks on one either) so I decided to craft some mug mats in honor of Europa.
    Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
    Project Name: Snowflake
    Brief Description: We had snow here in East Texas (the first and hopefully the last of the season) so I decided to make a snowflake ornament to commemorate that occasion. 
    Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
    Project Name: Skillet handle cover
    Brief Description: Some muggles like to cook using an iron skillet (they make wonderful fried chicken) but the skillets handle always gets as hot as the rest of the skillet so I decided to craft a cover for the handle to protect my hands. 
    Project Picture:]
    THIS ROCKS   Logged
    Threads you might like:
    Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 88 Jump to page:
      Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
    only results with images
    include swap threads
    advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
    Should You Get Bangs?
    Celebrity Hairstyles: Get the Look
    Time Saving Style Tips: 1 Minute Up Do
    Kickstart Your Morning Routine!
    5 Minute Curly Hairstyle Tutorial
    Latest Blog Articles
    April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
    @Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
    Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
    Become a
    Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
    Buy Craft Supplies
    Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
    Moderators

Follow Craftster...