A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 72215 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonflame
« Reply #590 on: January 31, 2014 01:54:36 PM »

Thanks, everyone! Cheesy

Acadian Driftwood Those flowers are gorgeous!  They'd look lovely on hair clips!  And I LOVE your Quidditch USB.  Sooooooo cute!  That snitch is adorable!

NicaJeanie Your milk makes me SQUEEEEEEE!  And your flower pendant is gorgeous!  I bet your mom loves it!  Your card turned out great!  I always have grand plans to do cards, and then. . . no. Tongue

Blupaisan That brush holder is fab!  We really like Green Mountain Coffee here. Smiley  

IsikkahJai Oh, come back to Hufflehouse!  We're still having a party on p. 7.  (With a couple of VERY special guests.  Cheesy  )

I have 2 more things to turn in.  W00t!  Moss turned out to be too big for dd's phone, but PERFECT for the DS.  Today, I made another phone case for herbology. Smiley

Class: Herbology
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Holly in the Window
Project Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/window-box-cell-phone-case
Project Description: It's never too late for Holly!  One tradition requires that the Yule holly must be kept until the following year to protect the house from lightning.  Hopefully this Holly-inspired sock will protect dd's phone from shocks, too. Wink  
Project Pic:  I'm having trouble showing the "windows" in the pattern, but they show up well in the pattern link.

And a Quidditch score!!!

Challenge: Quidditch!  Catching the Snitch for Hufflepuff!
House: Houfflepuff
Project Name: Quidditch Broom
Project Description: Pencils can be kind of boring, but not when they look like mini Quidditch brooms! Cheesy  My youngest loves this for Arithmancy. It helps her FLY through the problems.  The handle is crocheted around the pencil.
Project Pic:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014 02:33:42 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WackobelleEarrings

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #591 on: January 31, 2014 02:15:11 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Raid the Fridge Lentil Soup
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) Had a bag of lentils so decided to make soup from it. What might there be in my possession to make it better? Found the following in my fridge and used it - cabbage, celeriac, onions (2) garlic (10 cloves) a turnip, and some unknown rootish vegetable that probably turned out to be an essential ingredient. From cupboard, pulled poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and a dash of Fish Sauce (label said it was essential to Thai cooking. Smelled good, anyway) Cooked overnite-soaked lentils in seasoning for 2 hours, addes veggies according to how long they needed to cook.  Topped with a dash of Romano and a sprig of parsley.
Project Picture:

Oh, yeah. It was good. Still is. Made several quarts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: January 31, 2014 02:55:09 PM »

Ravenclaw Tower is now up to date!!!

Now I have some projects to turn in

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  Charms
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Snowflake Gift Card Holder
Brief Description:  Since I was not traveling home this past holiday season I opted to send several gift cards as gifts (much easier to ship).  But I wanted to make the cards sill seem like a nice present so I made some felt and quilters cotton gift card holders and since they are are a standard credit card size I hoped the recipients could continue to use the holders, perhaps to hold all the "club cards" we end to accumulate.  This holder features burgundy felt and cotton with red, green and gold snowflakes.
Project Photo:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Red & Green Gift Card Holder
Brief Description:  See description above for full story on the gift card holder This holder features green felt and red and green polka dot cotton fabric.
Project Photo:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name: I'm the Gingerbread Man Gift Card Holder
Brief Description:  See description above for full story on the gift card holder This holder features white felt and gingerbread man cotton.  This was inspired by the story The Gingerbread Man where a gingerbread cookie comes to life and has several adventures as no one can catch him.
Project Photo:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA Lessons with Harry - Disarming
Project Name: A place to create.
Brief Description:  During Christmas time my crafting space turns into gift wrap central.  Even after the gifts are wrapped my space remains so cluttered with shipping boxes, wrapping paper, ribbon scarps and more that I cannot even begin to think about working.  Since I was going to be tidying all of this up I decided to do a de-clutter and de-stash too.  I took everything out of bins and off shelves and purged the extra supplies.  I also hung up a pegboard to help organize my quilting rulers.  Now I have a space where I can work and am not stressed about the clutter.
Project Photo:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA Lessons with Harry - Stunning Spell
Project Name: Cinnamon Rolls
Brief Description:  Recently I decided to make a big batch of cinnamon rolls.  I used the pioneer woman's recipe and they turned out wonderfully.  I baked all of the rolls the day I made them, let them cool and then wrapped them in foil and plastic to freeze.  When you want to eat them let them defrost overnight in the refrigerator then bake at 350F for about 15 - 20 minutes or until warm.  Then frost with any icing you like.  These stunned my sense of smell while they were baking, making my house smell absolutely wonderful.
Project Photo:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: New Year's Resolution Challenge
Project Name: Quilt planning and organization.
Brief Description:  One of my resolutions this year is to make more quilts than I did last year and not to buy more fabric until I had used what was in my stash.  So I finally went through all my patterns, printed any that were saved on my computer and started matching them up with fabrics from my stash.  I now have fabric and patterns set out for nine quilts and I shouldn't have to buy much of anything (expect batting and backing fabric) to complete them.
Project Photo:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #593 on: January 31, 2014 03:17:15 PM »

this is fairly big so I'll take one post just for it!

~*COMPLETED OWL*~ be warned, it's picture massive!
OWL Subject: Care of Magical Creature
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Owls and other woodland creatures
Brief Description: I did several drawings of woodland creatures, mostly owls. I planned to draw 10, endend up with 8, two of them being pretty big (the Unicorn and the Deer). This is exactly what I needed to force myself back into drawing Smiley
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #594 on: January 31, 2014 07:34:28 PM »

Now on to the DA spells that I've learned with Harry!

Challenge: DA Disarming
House: Gryffindor
Desc: We bought a house last summer. It's an old house (1941) and we had painted linoleum over the pine floors in our bedroom (and the other 3 bedroom we have upstairs) So in our way to improvement we had to remove those horid floors. We did two full days of sanding with a rented machine to take the paint out of the floors, too. AND as a bonus, this room also had wallpaper, which I had to remove by hand, peeling the flowers first and then the backpaper with lots of water and a plastic grater. You can see the "before" here. Floors after:

wasn't done with the wallpaper on the picture. I'm keeping the end result (when the floors are coated) for the Fred and George fight back spell Smiley

Challenge DA- Reductor Curse
Desc: I've made a tiny Brighid doll out of embrodery thread for a tiny matchbox Imbolc shrine.

Challenge DA- Stunning Spell
Name: Imbolc tea (Cinnamon heart for grown-ups
Desc: This tea will surely make a great impression on you. It TASTES cinnamon, alot! I wanted to capture the essence of this fire holiday in a cup. I'm pretty proud of the result!!

recipe:
8 cinnamon sticks, crushed in a mortar
4 tablespoon of Earl Grey
1 teaspoon of Nettle
1 teaspoon of Thyme
1 sachet of Stevia powder ( half a gramme)

Challenge DA- Shield Charm
Name: Felt tent
Desc: I made the orange tent, bigger than those I usually do, to protect a familly of peg people during their camping trips in the mountains

Challenge DA- Protean Charm
QUIDDITCH: SCORE FOR GRYFFINDOR AT LAST!
Name: The snitch bag
Desc: I've crocheted this little bag with yarn leftover (from the tiny owlet I made last year) and it had a dual purpose: Being thrown everywhere in the house AND holding tiny treasures for my kids. I just did it as I went, following no pattern after looking at some others made on ravelry. Sorry for bad light, I was eager to finally give some points to my team!

Of to count Quidditch points now. Done. You Puffs are on fire!! I guess getting to the finals will be something to throw a party about!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014 07:46:04 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 31, 2014 08:36:39 PM »

Getting this in just under the wire  Wink I've been sick today so bear with me if the description doesn't make a lot of sense (actually, if it doesn't make much sense let me know I will fix it as soon as I have the brain capacity)
Class/Challenge/House Pride: New Year Resolution
Quidditch: Bludger against Hufflepuff (snow globes=snowy weather)
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Snow globes
Project Page Link (if available): None
Brief Description: My resolution this year is to be less self-critical and more positive. After I cast these little figures, I had to paint them and they didn't turn out the way I was hoping. I (like I think a lot of people do) couldn't stop myself from looking at them and seeing all the little mistakes but then I showed them to my mom and the first thing she said was "Oh those are so cute". It took me a second to see it but then I realized that she was right, they are cute and I love them (flaws and all). They have been sitting on my desk for a few days and every time I look at them I remind myself that I don't have to be so self-critical. I can choose to be positive.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #596 on: January 31, 2014 08:53:48 PM »

I am sure y'all think I'm the flightiest headmistress this term.  I honestly don't know where the month has gone!!  (Well I do know that one glorious week was spent with me having strep & shingles...that's me, time-saver...2 illnesses in one swoop)  Anywho, I deeply apologize.  But thankfully y'all are amazingly AWESOME!!!  Seriously, HPCers are the BEST!

Big ((HUGS)) and thank yous to jennie!  I adore you, and miss you.

Okay, down to serious business....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #597 on: January 31, 2014 09:05:05 PM »

Congratulations to all the new WotWs, and especially to Ant Bee for getting engaged!  I've caught up the Charms and Herbology classrooms as well.  Pinkleo, shingles SUCKS!  I had it on my right sciatic nerve at 24, and my husband had it on his chest two years ago.  Feel better!

Third trimester continues to suck the life out of me, with very frequent contractions.  I'm now 35 weeks so it's ok if he comes early, but I have a project I really want to finish at work (and a training course on the 11th and 12th).  So buddy you either need to decide to just arrive, or stop pretending to and let Mummy get some sleep Wink

Advanced Studies Friday:

I haven't worked on my OWL in awhile, as it's not a priority with all the baby stuff I'm trying to finish.  My cross-stitch birth announcement NEWT has made progress though!  I've got the pattern graphed out in Excel, including the colours but without the little "stats" section at the bottom which includes two little butterflies.  I've also matched the potential colours using my laptop and the PDF version of the DMC colour chart, but I need to see if they'll work once I'm at Michaels to pick up the floss.

I have one item to turn in!

Challenge: DA - Reductor Curse
Name: Wee stitch markers

I needed stitch markers I could use on large knitting needles, and were also light.  I was tired of my heavy key-fob style glass beaded ones weighing on my wrists and getting caught up in the yarn.  Once I had my awesome plier set to make my charm bracelet, I knew I could do it!

Each stitch marker is well under 3", and I used the reductor charm to shrink down flowers and stars tiny enough to add as decoration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
stillatthetop
« Reply #598 on: January 31, 2014 10:46:08 PM »

Come on crafters...lets quit bringing ourselves down. We have the stuff!! Most people can't do any of this.
You might see a slight flaw, but nobody else will notice it. It might teach you for the next go around...but let it go this time. And don't mention it. They won't notice. Honest. The colors, the patterns, textures will mezmorize their eyes. Even if you color outside the lines. Sometimes that is a neat effect, too.  Grin Just play with your art. That is what it is there for.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #599 on: January 31, 2014 11:52:59 PM »

Challenge: Jan. Detention
Project Name: Nook Cozy with earbud pocket
Brief Description: Here's a project I've been meaning to make&finish; detention was good motivation to get it done!  I constantly misplace my earbuds, so I thought I would whip up a nook cozy with a little pocket to keep them in...that way I can listen to music or games.
Project Picture:

Challenge: DA-Impediment
SPEW: Squares for PRR
Project Name: PRR Purple Tones
Brief Description: These squares will be joined with others to create large blankets that will block PRR residents from the bitter cold.
Project Picture:

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Garter Cloth
Brief Description: Simple knit cloth that is 100%cotton
Project Picture:

Challenge: New Year
Project Name: Jupiter Basket
Brief Description: This basket reflects my New Year Resolutions of using up some of my yarn stash and getting more organized.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Outline Fonts in Adobe Illustrator
How to Correct Color using Photoshop Lab Space
Chang Color of Sky in Photoshop using Selective Color
How to Create a Gold Text Effect in Photoshop
How to Create a Panoramic Scene - Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...