A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 78892 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #570 on: January 29, 2014 07:00:45 PM »

Congratulations AntBee!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #571 on: January 29, 2014 09:08:32 PM »

OT...
I've been reading hp in French in an effort to stretch my language skills... And tonight i came across this

Yep. They changed Voldemort's middle name to Elvis.

Of course i checked book 6 too... there we meet Elvis Marvolo Gaunt, who prefers to go by his middle name.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Naantje
« Reply #572 on: January 30, 2014 02:01:59 AM »

I knew about that one. It's so funny. In Dutch, the name is Marten Asmodom Vilijn. I'm cracking up about the fact that a wand is a "baguette magique". I've only ever heard that word as meaning french bread, so that's how I now see them doing magic. Wielding sticks of bread  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Moonflame
« Reply #573 on: January 30, 2014 05:29:28 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS, ANT BEE!!!!!!  THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!!  Grin

I'm laughing over the French Harry Potter gems, too.  Elvis?!  LOL!  And baguettes.  Grin  I'll have to see if I can find anything funny in the Latin version we have.  Cheesy

As usual, I have catching up to do, but in the meantime, I have an assignment to post.

Class: Study of Ancient Runes: Wunjo
House: Huffledypuff
Project Name: Successful Cablerimetry
Project Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cablerimetry
Project Description: When I made Calorimetry a year or two ago (from which Cablerimetry was derived), it came out HUGE!  So huge, I could almost use it for a boob tube!  This time, I made a variation that someone posted.  It still uses the short row shaping, but with the added interest of cables.  Purple's symbolism in colour magic is "success", which I think goes very well with Wunjo's "hope".  It was certainly successful in keeping my head and ears warm during my trip to the store last night. Smiley
Project Pics:

and a side view:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #574 on: January 30, 2014 06:02:02 AM »

Jedusor is meant to mean Jeux du sort, "Game of destiny (or fate)" I guess nigme (riddle) was not fitting for the translator.

I've done an OWL!! I'm waiting for tomorrow to post it. I've done some DA class too Smiley

Moonflame, your handband is beautiful!
Noodle-bug: anyone able to complete a sweater amaze me, and yours is fitting great! I love that notebook too.
Whistlefish: If I ever stumble across that very expensive yarn in a sale (like I did last time) I'll think about you Smiley
Mistress Jennie: Congratulations on being able to work from home! I agree, you need to love your home in order to be in it all day long. Gred and Forge would love that purple, I'm sure of it!
AntBee: Congrats!!! how exciting!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014 07:25:59 AM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: January 30, 2014 06:04:16 AM »

Congratulations Ant Bee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #576 on: January 30, 2014 08:15:30 AM »

coulsenl Adorable!!!!! I love all the colors! Coffee painting looks like so much fun!
noodle-bug The art journal turned out awesome and the jumper looks FANTASTIC!!!
WhistleFish Love all the pages and hes such a cute puppy!!!
Mistress Jennie I love the color!!! It looks awesome, I cant wait to see everything else youve planned finished!
Ant Bee WAHOO!!!! Congratulations!!!!
ErinAquaheart Cancer looks awesome, I cant wait to see the rest of them! The scrapbook page is adorable and the elephant and wolf are lovely!
Moonflame The headband is gorgeous! I love the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 30, 2014 10:16:02 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Triple Goddess Shrine
Project Page Link: Yup
Brief Description: I made this shrine for my partner in a recent swap. The shrine features both the number three and four. The front of the shrine features a triple panel and I painted three moons on the sides and top of the shine (waxing crescent, full, waning crescent). The image on the back of the shrine features the four stages of life (babe, maiden, mother, crone), and there are four flowers on the top of the shrine to represent the four elements. Both three and four represent stability and I am particularly fond of both. (for more pictures and a more detailed description follow the link through to the project page)
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Mother Mary Shrine
Project Page Link: Yup
Brief Description: I made this shrine for a swap as well, it went to my partner's boss. I looped wire through some holes in the back of the tin so that it can hang on a wall. I wrote the verse myself, and found the picture online. The green paper came from my stash. (for more pictures and a more detailed description follow the link through to the project page)
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #578 on: January 30, 2014 10:22:55 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  History of Magic and SPEW  points pleez
House:Hufflepuff
Project Name: Birdwatching is cheaper (and healthier) than watching TV
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) Having no money (not to mention no desire) to pay for a TV and its cable bills, I opted to remove some items from the trash and examine them for entertainment potential. I got a plastic muffin tin and lid.

Left behind by the previous renter were skewers. In my own crafting collection was some drapery pull cord.

I put 'em all together
and made a roofed birdfeeder.
I had no decent tool to make holes for the skewers or cord, so I rummaged around in the drawer and found a meat thermometer whose pointy end was just the right size.

Voila, it is right outside my kitchen window where I can watch the happy critters chow down while I cook or wash dishes.

Some of their antics have made me laugh harder than any sitcom.

fuzzybuttfuzzybuttfuzzybutt

No view this morning, however, due to frost. Guess every bird wants privacy once in awhile...

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #579 on: January 30, 2014 10:54:18 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology Greenhouse
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Vintage Sheet curtains
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) Um yeah, there is red and green in this flower pattern. I moved in and the only kitchen curtains were BLACK valances. Not my thing at all, and offered no privacy.
Got a Goodwill sheet for 2 bucks and just barely made it fit for cutting out curtains for 3 windows.

(note the carrot tops growing in water on the windowsill... once they gave me not only tasty greens, but an actual carrot flower!!)

Living ElCheapo lately so had to use the curtain rods left by previous tenant. No rod, tho, for door window so I found a bamboo plant stick in the garage and wedged it in!

The thing I found most entertaining about this project was laughing at my sewing machine. All there is here is a card table, weighing about a pound. As my machine went along doing its thing, it made the table jump a hundred times a minute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Selecting a Flash Player Version for a New Project
Macromedia Flash 8 - Saving, Exporting and Testing
Macromedia Flash 8 - Accessing and Organizing Panels
Macromedia Flash 8 - Navigating the Stage Area
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introduction to Flash: Fundamentals
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...