A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 87166 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #560 on: January 27, 2014 06:08:30 PM »

Congrats to all of the WotW!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #561 on: January 27, 2014 11:28:49 PM »

Challenge: DA Shield Charm
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Picnic Blanket
This picnic blanket will shield food from touching the ground during a picnic. It will also shield from the cold

Challenge DA impediment jinx
House Slytherin
Project Name Babys Cowl
This cowl will stop the cold wintery air from reaching baby on the many adventures we plan to have over the next few months.

Modelling the blanket and cowl

Class: Astronomy
Project name: Mommy and Me Cowls
Europa is freezing cold, anyone wanting to visit there would need to wrap up warm. These matching cowls will help do just that.

Class: December Detention
Project Name: Raspberry Hat
Pattern Link: http://sascha-lovetoknit.blogspot.nl/2012/07/simpele-gestreepte-baby-muts-met-patroon.html
This little hat is pretty circular, and was also knitted on circular needles. Great way to serve detention
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #562 on: January 28, 2014 06:59:20 AM »

The model for the blanket and cowl is surely saying 'hey, check it out!!'  what a great pic and a gorgeous knit piece!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #563 on: January 28, 2014 07:22:35 AM »

Ah, so flattered to be one of the WotWs *high five ladies*. there are so many great projects here, and I love that we all have different specialities, we come at our crafts with different skills and ideas - it's really inspiring

Challenge: Bean - Coffee
House : ravenclaw
Project: art journal
This is for a swap partner - I noticed she had a lot  of book page art on her pinterst, so I made a journal of book pages for her to draw on and craft with.
The cover is a crazy quilt of ripped book pages, backed onto thin cotton and hand embroidered, then backed onto another layer of the cotton. It has a wrap around cover and ties up with twine and a button. Both inside and outside cover are then coffee stained to break them down and make them look less shiny-white!
each folio of the book is folder pages from an old proof copy, sew in 'kiss journal' style

~*COMPLETED NEWT *~
NEWT Subject: Charms
House: ravenclaw
Project Name: A very charming jumper
Brief Description:
i knitted a jumper. A  JUMPER.
Given that I'm barely a knitter, I'm super excited that it came out completely jumper shaped - with a neck hole and two arms the same length and everything. So I'm happy to ignore the weird line where I must have picked up the stitches wrong putting them back on my needle after working the back - and the truly atrocious grafting at the shoulders

It's never going to be usable as formal wear - in fact, I'll never wear it out of the house, but I kind of intended it as lounge wear anyway, i don't really wear chunky knits like this except for mooching on the sofa. and - thought it's a bit loose around my middle, it's actually pretty flattering on my boobs (this is a running theme with my clothes; either they fit my boobs but bag on my waist, or they fit my waist and I can't do the zipper up past my braline)  
I learnt SO much working on this!

and thus...

~*NEWT PROPOSAL *~
NEWT Subject: Arithmancy
House: ravenclaw
Project Name: the super-nerd hat
Brief Description: My friend went to a maths lecture a couple of weeks ago, and brought from the lecturer a pattern for a Klein bottle shaped hat with stripes representing the digits of Pi. Since she can't knit... I'm doing it for her.
the patten is charted, and I can't read knitting charts. Plus there are major elements of the hat design we decided we disliked (lots of small stripes in a rib stitch? looks messy. Also the fit on the hat was a bit too tight, we want to make it slouchier). So, I will be working out what the original pattern says, then adapting it (I've never made any changes to a knitting pattern before), and then hoping what I make come s out still hat shaped.
The klein bottle shape poses problems as it means the hat is two layers, but both of them are the front (and back) at different points. so that should be fun to work out, given that I'll be using stocking stitch which has a definite front and back.
also, it's in dk wool which is a far cry form the super chunky I'm used to working with.
I'd like to have it finished before our next lecture at the beginning of march.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014 09:27:27 AM by noodle-bug - Reason: correcting some formatting weirdness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
WhistleFish
« Reply #564 on: January 29, 2014 12:16:05 AM »

::sheepishly enters Great Hall:: Yea...I've been MIA for a couple weeks... Undecided I've been doing some power crafting and my work schedule has been off. I kept wanting to stop in but I never had the time to comment on everything so I would tell myself "Oh, I'll do it another night." Then I would put it off again because the longer I put it off, the more stuff there would be to comment on and it takes a lot of time to do such a thing. Then I realized that was a silly reason to stay away. So....I'm back. No massive amount of comments for everyone because I've got too much to do, but I definitely scrolled through everything and silently oooo'd and ahhhh'd to myself. Hehe. Oh, and I updated Muggle Studies, History of Magic, and the Gryffindor Common Room. That took me longer than I care to admit, but I'm caught up now.

I do have a couple comments to make, however:
@tiamatfire: Holy moly! Such hard work!!! Can you believe its finished?? It looks amazing and Im sure itll be treasured for years and years.  Now to start #2, right?
@rockmygypsysoul: Ive never worked with oil paintsseems hard. Haha. Your paintings turned out fantasticmy favorite is the mountain.
@MamanTattoo: Im envious of that yellow baby hat. I stared at the picture for about 30 seconds straight just going ahhhhhI want to touch it so bad. Hahaha.
@everyoneelse: I wish I could comment on everyone's stuff but for now a collective "You are all amazing, as always. There are so many beautiful, wonderful, and creative crafts. I'm lucky and grateful to be part of such an awesome group." will have to suffice. Grin

I've got a couple projects to turn in and a couple more that are on hold to turn in (because they're for swaps...hehe).

Challenge
: New Years Resolution
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: OneLittleWord January Assignments
Project Page Link (if available): OneLittleWord is an online class....if you wanna know more you can go to this site.
Brief Description: My first couple of pages for my OneLittleWord. The word I picked for 2014 is "CREATE" and I'm focusing on creating and shaping various aspects of my life instead of just settling and letting things fall where they may. I'm taking action this year.  Grin
Project Picture:

My OWL is done! My OWL is done! Wooooooo!

OWL SUBJECT
: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name: Project Life Scrapbooking Mid November - December 2013
Project Page Link (if available): None
Brief Description: I was so busy during the holidays other crafting took place of the time I would usually utilize to do my scrapbooking pages. So, after Christmas I was really behind. I've been scrapping my butt off for the last couple of weeks and tonight I FINALLY finished 2013!!! Woooooooooooo! (Although now I have to catch up from Jan 1 through now but there aren't nearly as many pictures because we didn't do alot or have tons of pictures like the holiday time.) So....behold: 12 pages front and back (so, 24 pages?) Yea...that's a lot of pages.
Project Picture: This is the best way I could think of to show off I did all the pages. If the headmistresses would like a close up of anything just let me know. And for scale - this is a queen size bed (and a bonus 7 lb chihuahua, Boo Radley, curled up in a Boppy pillow...hehe)

*Some of you might recognize the "30 Days of Thankfulness" from fall semester - I didn't craft that for this OWL, but I did fill in all the days because I had pretty much stopped at like day 9 in November.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: January 29, 2014 10:07:31 AM »

Challenge:  Join the DA - Fred & George Fight Back
Project Name: New Chapter, New Space

Brief Description: I reported a few weeks ago that DH has gotten an amazing new job, just outside of Nashville.  We got a new apartment down there, where he is staying a few nights a week to avoid the long commute every day, but we're not officially moving down there until March.  Sad I'll be working at my job through the beginning of May, then leaving to work full time on my jewelry business. Working from home will be a HUGE change for me. (I've been working at various theatres for the past 10 years.)  Since I'll be home in my workroom all day, I wanted to make it as inspiring and happy a place as I could.  So last week (the last week of Winter Break for us), while it was still empty, I painted it!  I think Fred & George would be proud of my impressive transformation from boring beige to luscious plum jam. 

***Previously Posted Project - Now with Pictures!***
Last week I "posted" my Bertie Bott's Peppermint Project, without pictures as it was still on it's way to our darling Headmistress.  Since she's received it now, I can post pictures and an explanation!

Challenge: Bertie Bott's - Peppermint
Project Name: Shakespeare Charm Bracelet for Pinkleo!
Project Page Link:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431092.0#axzz2ro2U6LAY
Brief Description: Here's the Shakespeare Charm Bracelet that I designed to delight my darling CBFF (Craftster-Best-Friend-Forever) pinkleo.  The beads are a mix of freshwater pearls, river shell, Czech glass, and ceramic beads in shades of black ink, worn parchment and dramatic blood red.

Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431092.msg5151562#msg5151562#ixzz2roLg8kb4

The charms include...
Cauldron - Macbeth: Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble."
Entwined Hearts - Romeo & Juliet: "For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo."
Skull - Hamlet: Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow of infinite jest
Ink & Quill
Comedy Mask
Bear - The Winter's Tale: Exit, pursued by a bear.
Fairy - A Midsummer Night's Dream: "The iron tongue of midnight hath told twelve; Lovers, to bed; 'tis almost fairy time."
Horse - Richard III: A horse! a horse! my kingdom for a horse!
Bust of Shakespeare
Pie - Titus Andronicus
Cloud & Lightning Bolt - The Tempest: "On a ship at sea: a tempestuous noise of thunder and lightning heard"
Snake - Antony & Cleopatra: "Give me my robe. Put on my crown. I have Immortal longings in me."
Tragedy Mask
Dagger - Julius Caesar: "Et tu, Brute!"
Stein - Henry IV, Part 1: "The better part of valour is discretion" - Falstaff
Crown - King Lear: "Thou hadst little wit in thy bald crown when thou gavest thy golden one away."
Music Note - Twelfth Night: If music be the food of love, play on; give me excess of it.

NEWT Subject PROPOSAL: Transfiguration
Project Name: Craft Room Extravaganza

Brief Description: Now that I have painted my new craft room, I'm all geared up to move my stash in and start crafting!  Sadly, I can't do that quite yet.  It will actually be a several step process, that probably won't be done till April or May.  I have several projects in mind to do before my room is ready to be a real workshop, and those will be combined to be my next NEWT.  Since I plan on spending 8-14 weeks on it, working off and on between my real job and moving, I'm not including a week-by-week breakdown.  Instead here is a preliminary list of projects I plan to complete in the course of it.
~*Transfigure a dining table & bookcase into a craft desk (sanding, painting & building)
~*Transfigure shelving to match my new desk (repainting edges)
~*Create or alter/decorate storage bins or basket to hold supplies on shelving
~*Sew custom curtains
~*Re-organize my supplies to fit into my new closet & shelving

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
jenleahlynn
« Reply #566 on: January 29, 2014 10:44:48 AM »

mistress jennie- that plum color is fabulous! can't wait to see your craft room as it develops.

coulsenl-i love the pattern for those pink cowls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #567 on: January 29, 2014 05:01:09 PM »

Everyone's things are so fantastic!
Noodle- that jumper! That's awesome! I have yet to tackle an adult one... maybe soon!

Deputy Head Mistress, that plum color is amazing! What a great idea! And congrats on your jump to the next big adventure- self employment! Best of luck!

I, too, am moving- hence my lack of crafty assignments getting done in a reasonable time-frame! Well, moving and...

... getting married! My BF proposed last week on my 40th b'day. Best.Birthday.Ever!
(Sure beats my 30th when I was dumped for a 20 year old!)

So now I am going to be inspired to see what I can DIY in HP themes for a wedding sometime this year. We'll see!

Keep up the crafty inspiration- you guys rock!
Ant Bee
*Runs off to check the assignments list to see what can be turned into wedding things...*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
coulsenl
« Reply #568 on: January 29, 2014 05:50:47 PM »

Challenge: Coffee Bean
Project Name: Many Adventures in Coffee Painting
Description: Coffee houses have long been a place that encourages/provides a place to be creative. They also serve coffee. To combine the two, I thought it might be fun to try painting with coffee. I had a lot of fun and ended up doing 9 paintings, a lot of them just being doodly pics, as well as two suns and a zombie face.

My favourite:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #569 on: January 29, 2014 06:59:49 PM »

I've been gone for a few days and there is already more awesome stuff than I have time to comment on....just have to say that everyone is making wonderful things everywhere!!!! The cold definitely has made the scarves, hats, and gloves come out of the woodwork...

I only have time to post a few classes and then I wont be back on for a few days. I have chemo again tomorrow and I always feel awful for a week afterwards, so I don't get a lot done.  I spend a lot of time just watching TV and trying to keep my fingers from feeling numb and tingly.  And since I won't be online on Friday I am going to go ahead and give my NEWT update.

I have got all the zodiac symbols designed and I finished Cancer today and started working on Aquarius. After I finish Aquarius I will have painted five of twelve....almost half way through!

Class: Apparition
Project Name: AFI Nashville scrappy page
Project Description: I keep a book that I like to scrapbook in tiny little reminders of things I've done and places I've been. This past weekend TechnicolorAquahearts and I went to Nashville to see our favorite band....AFI. I got a postcard at our hotel and a sticker from the radio station that was at the venue. We had a great time. I wrote a little blurb about the show.

Challenge: New Year's Resolution 2014
Project Name: Pink Elephant!!!!
Project Description: This little watercolor represents everything that I want to do this new and fresh year. I'm off to a great start and am excited to keep going.  My resolution this year is to make more art to give to others.  This pink elephant is for my mom.  I had her choose the animal and color...everything else is me....

Challenge: Bean---Coffee/ Quidditch--goal to Hufflepuff
Project Name: Blue Wolf
Project Description: Nothing speaks to me more of coffeehouses than the art I do while in them.  Furthering my personal "period" of multicolored animals, I have made a Blue Wolf in a snowy forest....I really like doing these animals and am excited to do more.  True to the bean I created this while sipping coffee at Starbucks... Grin  And I think that the snowy forest can count as a goal for Hufflepuff. GO HUFFLEPUFF!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lighter Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
How to Keep Pumpkin Pie from Cracking
How to Make Pecan Pie Bites With Gravy
How to Make Bourbon Whipped Cream
How to Roll the Perfect Thanksgiving Pie Crust in Seconds!
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...