A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 72942 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

coulsenl
« Reply #540 on: January 23, 2014 12:55:53 PM »

Noodle-bug, your bear hood rocks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: January 24, 2014 12:22:38 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA: Lessons - Reductor Curse
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:
"Stars" Altered Puzzle Pieces
Brief Description: I've blasted a boring, regular old picture into tiny pieces in order to reconstruct it as a themed altered puzzle!

My best friend loves the altered puzzle craft swaps, and had two pieces left to finish her "Stars" themed puzzle.  The one on the right is a collage of Luma stars from the Mario Galaxy games, which she also loves.  For the other piece, I wanted to play around with the idea of "star" and do something less literal... Vin Diesel is one of her favorite movie stars, and when I found a pic of his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, I knew that would be perfect.

Project Picture:

My mod podge application and x-acto knife cutting skills need a bit of work, but these were still fun to make, and I'm very excited to give them to her tomorrow.  (She actually handed them over to me last fall, so I've owed her this project for a while!  Roll Eyes)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Altered Puzzle Pieces Rd. 9
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6
  • July Ongoing ATC Swap (co-org only)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
coulsenl
« Reply #542 on: January 25, 2014 01:17:19 AM »

Class: Alchemy
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Green Lion
Green Lion

Challenge DA Protean Charm
Project Name: November Chrysanthemum
Chrysanthemums are Novembers birth flower, Topaz is Novembers birthstone. This is a Chrysanthemum flower that is made up of lots of topaz stones or maybe it is a bunch of topaz stones that are really a flower. Either way, it is a nice way to commemorate my daughters birth month in a tattoo.

Class Apparition
House Slytherin
Project Name North
When i was younger, North for me meant Yorkshire. I combined all of my favourite Yorkshire landmarks into one drawing. I started with Whitby Abbey, and added York Minster and pieces from Castle Howard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #543 on: January 25, 2014 04:32:26 AM »

Dear NEWT examiners, I want to drop my alchemy NEWT proposal. I'm really not too skilled with a sewing machine and after all the time that had passed, I've come to realise that most of the clothes I had set aside to alter, I probably still won't wear once altered. I hung onto them because of their sentimental value, them having been my grandmother's, but since I've come to terms with her death, I realise there are other ways to keep her close and keep her spirit alive. I don't need the clothes.

NEWT Subject: Arithmancy
Project Name: Knitted fitted sweater
Brief Description:
I knit a sweater in November of last year, which turned out a size or two too large, because I was worried about the pattern having negative ease and decided that the difference in gauge would make up for that. Silly me! My friend that received the sweater is very happy with my handiwork, but it still leaves me without a sweater! Since winter never really came and it will nearly be spring when I finish knitting a new sweater, I picked out a different pattern and this time around, I'm doing all of the math!

So far I:
- knitted my test swatch to determine my gauge (22stx30rows for 10x10cm, just a bit off)
- measured hip, waist, bust and shoulder sizes.
- adjusted the pattern to fit my measurements: shoulder width, I need an S, bust XXL, hips are between XL-XXL and my waist would need an L. I don't want to have droopy shoulders or a baggy waist, and I don't like too much tightness around my chest or hips. This also meant repositioning the position of the armholes in the pattern to be placed a bit more towards the back. Volume on the front should NOT cause bagginess in the back!
- adjusted the stich count for my gauge.
- adjusted the pattern for knitting in the round vs flat knitting. I don't like seaming up clothing!

I have yet to make adjustments to the sleeves, but I want to see how my current adjustments in the shoulder area work out. Going from XXL in the bust to S on the shoulder area might really complicate the sleeves! Even so, I spent a solid four hours on doing all of the measuring and arithmetic already this morning. I've built in a couple of points where I'll add "safety lines" so I can frog to that point if my math doesn't work out, so now it's on towards casting on and to verifying my calculations. I'm knitting with an acrylic yarn in a plum colour, that's (on my screen at least) rather close to this colour plum: http://www.colourlovers.com/color/600030/Plum
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #544 on: January 25, 2014 11:11:15 AM »

Challenge: DA - Reductor Curse
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: GoT House Sigil Inchies
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431003.0
Brief Description: For this challenge, I reduced 10 Game of Thrones house sigils to one inch size.

Class: Transfiguration
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Large, medium, and small mushroom wallets
Brief Description: In the Muggle fairy tale Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Alice eats one part of a mushroom that makes her shrink very small. Another part of the mushroom makes her very very tall! Inspired by that tale, I created three different mushroom wallets - a medium size one, a tiny one, and a tall one!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WackobelleEarrings

« Reply #545 on: January 25, 2014 02:01:39 PM »

gorgeous shroomy goodness!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #546 on: January 25, 2014 05:58:18 PM »

great inchies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
jenleahlynn
« Reply #547 on: January 25, 2014 07:13:01 PM »

class/challenge-charms
house-gryffendor
project-snow cream

somehow, i have lived through a lifetime of indiana winters without ever trying this. but as we have been getting dumped on the past couple of weeks, all my freinds have been posting their recipes on facebook, so we gave it a try and it's yummy!

snowcream-

4cups fresh snow
1 cup half and half or milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

when snow starts falling, set out a large bowl to gather fresh clean snow. combine milk, sugar and vanilla stirring till disolved. pour liquid over snow and mix. scoop into dishes and serve immediately. my kids like it with chocolate syrup. it's softer than icecream, soft of a vanilla slush.....

class/ challenge-divination
house-gryffendor
project-woven web bracelet

i know few people with young daughters who did not recieve a rainbow loom, or some variation of, for christmas. with 3 daughters, we ended up with 5. the girls have quickly caught on to doing the basic patterns, so i decided to give one of the more complicated ones a try. i wanted one all in black so it would look a bit more grownup, and the intricate pattern reminds me of a spiders web. the book refered to it as chainmail.

i couldn't get a decent picture of it on my own wrist. it's about 3/4 of an inch wide. the first time i took it off the loom it came apart in the center, but after a bit of trial and error, i think i could do another one much more quickly.

class/ challenge-january detention/ team dobby
house-gryffendor
project- fuzzy fingerless gloves

i've had this thick black yarn for awhile leftover from another project, without any particular purpose. here in indiana we are having a particularly cold and snowy winter, so i got it out to play with. it's super soft and warm. i started trying to make an infinity scarf but i didn't have enough, so i decided to make myself a set of fingerless gloves. i tried following a pattern, but it didn't work with the thickness of this yarn so i had to make it up as i went along. then i ran out of yarn before the second glove was finished. i ended up unraveleling a couple inches from the first glove, but still didn't have enough to close the side. it's hard to see because they are solid black, but the the side is laced like a shoe lace instead of a row of double chain stitches. not perfect, but stiff warm and cozy.

my daughters thought they were cute, so i whipped up 2 sets gloves for them that reach just to the wrist. they picked out the yarn so they are very colorful. one more set to go, and pictures to come.

class/challenge-herbology
house-gryffendor
project-red quilled rose

this is my first attempt at quilling. i used some christmas money to buy a starter kit, and created this card for a freind with a red rose and green leaves.

it was fun and not as hard as i expected. i've seen some larger pieces online, and i'm thinking of doing something as an owl.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014 07:38:05 PM by jenleahlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #548 on: January 26, 2014 08:29:07 AM »

Pinboard is up-to-date again. Smiley No crafting done so far, apart from a double layout which I'll post here soon! Wink Hopefully will feel up for doing some crochet/knitting tonight.

*flicking through the study books* Does anyone know a spell to conjure Mojo at all??? Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #549 on: January 26, 2014 10:02:17 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Custom expedit document storage
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431067
Brief Description:
For my CoMC assignment, I'm focussing on the fur of a unicorn moving from adolescence to adulthood. The unicorn will shed its silver fur and trade it for a pure white pelt. I chose to represent an animal on the verge of full adulthood, as most of the silver has been shed and it's nearing full whiteness. This document storage box doesn't magically take care of the paperwork for me, I still have to handle and sort it myself, but it does make the place magically tidier!

Our previous filing system was no good, I wanted to switch to a neat system with hanging folders. Easy to just take out one folder and take it along (to the union, or the bank, or the copy center) and that was seriously lacking in the system we had! You can buy ready made solutions, but we didn't quite need a filing cabinet, and the filing boxes on the market just didn't meet the dimensions of the expedit shelves in our home office. Ikea doesn't have a suitable solution in their expedit collection, so I took a few measurements, discovered that the kassett boxes ikea makes for expedit perfectly accomodate their summera hanging files, I just needed to provide rods for the files to hang from!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What to Do with the Holiday Leftovers?
Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
Slow-Cooker Pear and Apple Butter Recipe
How to Make Fried Eggs
How to Make Poached Eggs in a Spicy Tomato Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...