A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,908
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 87773 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Magpirate
« Reply #510 on: January 19, 2014 09:16:40 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's - Peppermint
Quidditch: Send a Bludger at Slytherin
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Super Secret Swap Project
Brief Description: I made this for my partner for the Geeky Swap, so I don't want to say too much about it.  But I did enjoy making it, and I hope it makes her happy too!
Project Picture:
Just a link, 'cause it's Super Secret.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nicajeanie
« Reply #511 on: January 19, 2014 09:40:44 PM »

Challenge: Bertie Botts Pepperment
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: BJ's Luna Scarf
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=238536.0#axzz2Q6jO0b57
Project Description: When I wore my Luna scarf to work a co-worker really liked it, so I asked if she would like one. With a big smile she said "Yes".
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: January 20, 2014 12:09:17 PM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott's - Peppermint
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Super Secret Charm Bracelet for Pinkleo

Project Page Link:  Coming Soon...
Brief Description: This item has been in the planning stages for quite a while now.  It was inspired by pinkleo, so I made the prototype for her.  Hopefully she will be delighted with it.  I shipped it off Saturday, but it hasn't moved yet due to the holiday.  But since the Bertie Bott's Bean should end today, I wanted to get in in under the wire as it were.  As soon as she receives it, I'll post pictures, and explain the meaning of all the charms.  So hold on for updates!
Project Picture:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=621722&ppuser=153888#axzz2qyFqKAY9
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: January 20, 2014 12:11:21 PM »

~*Deputy Headmistress Mistress Jennie casts the Homonculous Charm - We are here!*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #514 on: January 20, 2014 02:32:02 PM »

Class: Divination
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Handwarmers for Olivia (S.P.E.W.)
Project Description: A girl in MommaAquaheart's 4th grade class, Olivia, lost her mother to cancer very recently and then about a week ago lost everything she owned in a house fire.  To send her my love and good thoughts I crocheted her a pair of hand warmers with little aqua hearts on them.

Challenge: Dumbledore's Army---Sign the Parchment
Project Name: Neon Dayglo Handwarmers (S.P.E.W.)
Project Description: I had a hard time picking a "signature" craft.  I do so many things.  I ended up trying to decide between the two things I've been doing most since I was diagnosed with cancer...crochet and painting.  I figured either would work.  So I made a pair of hand warmers for the Olivia's older sister.  Loosing everything you have is super hard.  I had my parents divorce and a house fire all in the same calender year...so I know how welcome any token of well wishing can be.

Challenge: Bean---Peppermint
Project Name: A Hat for Olivia (S.P.E.W.)
Project Description: I figured if I made handwarmers for Olivia that I would go ahead and make a hat to match.  I made the hat on a round knitting loom and then crocheted the heart to applique onto it.  I'm sure that it will bring joy to her when she receives it on Wednesday. BTW...its the same color pink...but the light made it look much lighter than the handwarmers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #515 on: January 20, 2014 02:36:12 PM »

Okay, I'm ready to turn on my final papers!! Here's the 3 classes I had left:

Class: Apparition
Name: Lunch box for Papa
Desc.: We moved South from Papa's school, so now he has to cross a bridge pretty much everyday up north to get to his school. So this thing goes up north quite often. It's made of scraps of leather and wool that I treated with beeswax.

Class: Divination
Name: Spiderman Dolly Costume (for Albus)
Desc.: When I saw the assigment for this class I knew it would be spiderman-related. I first thought on a mask for my son, but then, he requested (while being in spideyjamas himself) a suit for Albus. This was quite fun, even if it's not the best constructed thing I ever made! My daughter drew the spider and my son tried to draw the spiderweb on the mask. (he also had to try it on, then tried on his little brother. I'll need to make him one!)

Class:Transfiguration
House:Gryffindor
Name: Little Mermaid for Dolly
Desc: The little mermaid is a muggle tale of a quite muggle-looking merpeople who changes into a muggle. Somehow my daugther loves it!

...Please Magpirate, pm with how your project has to do with Quidditch! I'm at lost?...Because of the material? Smiley
I'll update Quidditch later Smiley
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014 02:39:12 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
stillatthetop
« Reply #516 on: January 20, 2014 02:45:41 PM »

What a wonderful gesture of love. And your stitching is nice, too. I rocked you. I don't quite get the whole HP thing, as I never completely read the books. I only helped daughter with some. But you all make interesting crafts on here all the same.  Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #517 on: January 20, 2014 03:10:09 PM »

MamanTattoo, I'm pinning that lunchbox to my wishlist! Love it!

Challenge: Bean - Peppermint
House: Hufflepufabulous
Project Name: Mockingjay throw pillow
Brief Description: I asked my partner in the Hunger Games: Catching Fire swap if she had any special requests, and she said throw pillow! I went with it, and I hope it makes her very happy. One side is embroidered, and the other is reverse applique.

Challenge: DA - Shield Charm
Project Name: Darkside cowl
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430933.0
Brief Description: I knitted this cowl for my partner to shield him from the chill - so far it's working quite well!

Class: History of Magic
Project Name: Savings box
Brief Description: I am trying to save money to buy myself a nice camera. It helps to have a pretty place to store the cash! I'm putting in $20 a week from my dog walking money. Smiley

Original box before I spiffed it up:

After much measuring, cutting, and glueing:

Challenge: New Year's Resolution
Project Name: Katniss and Peeta ATCs
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431142.0
Brief Description: One of my resolutions is to do more art - ATCs, altered journals, and just for fun sketches. I especially want to work on things that I don't think I'm very good at, like faces (I traced these before painting them).

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014 03:12:18 PM by Acadian Driftwood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #518 on: January 20, 2014 04:22:22 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic HoM
Project Name: Bleuette Manikin doll
Project Page Link (if available):http://judisdolls.com/bleuettemanikin.html
Brief Description: Over Christmas ABS talked me into joining a doll making forum.  The Spring challenge is making an Alabama Baby doll.  While searching and googling I came across a Bleuette doll.  For those who've never heard of a Bleuette doll, a magazine came out in 1905 that was to teach little girls in France housekeeping.  It included patterns for a doll.  A particular doll.  And if you subscribed for a whole year before the first issue came out (they advertised in other magazines and papers) you got the doll FREE with your subscription.  They got 60,000 subscriptions.  A new issue came out EVERY Thursday.  In 1905 there were 60,000 french school girls ALL sewing clothes for the SAME doll.  They could trade doll dresses like trading cards in the school yard!!!  When I told this to my best friend she replied, "That sounds like the beginning of world peace right there!"  She and I looked at them and we like them so much we joined a Bleuette sewing group.  BUT Bleuette dolls are expensive.  SO I searched again and found Judi's Bleuette cloth manikin pattern. It's not ball jointed like the doll, but Bleuette clothes fit it.  I didn't want my doll to have a faceless cloth head so I checked out the local resale shop and I found a tree topper angel with a head the right size (so she can fit Bleuette hats).  This poor tree topper only had a plastic cone body.  She's never been a *doll*.  SO, I sewed the body and added her head and arms, so my Bleuette has a face, and hair, and little hands.  Smiley  By sewing my own "Bleuette" doll I saved myself somewhere between $125. and $300.  I figure that counts in these hard times!!!!  (As a single mother of 4, there was NO WAY I could justify spending that much $$$ on a doll.  And now my girls want their own too, so I am sewing more bodies and scouring the junk shop for more heads! Next time I think I'll sew doll knee joints, and elbow joints.  : )
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott Peppermint
Project Name: Peppermint sundress
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I sewed my doll, but then she had NOTHING to wear (which was QUITE embarrassing because she has little cotton balls in her bum to give her a tiny little rounded pooky bum, and it NEEDED to be covered! rofl) SO for my Bertie Bott I sewed her an adorable little sundress out of peppermint striped fabric.  I didn't have a pattern for this dress.  I just saw one I liked on google and drafted up a bodice, and added a skirt.  I am REALLY excited because I did a LOT of it by hand.  Check out the hem.  Can't SEE it can you!!!?Huh!!!  Nope!!!  I did it right!!!  The way Granny tried to teach me when I was in grade school, but could *never* get it *right*.  Cheesy  *squee*  Very excited.  lol  And my DOLL is very excited, because she's not quite so naked anymore.  Cheesy 

And no, she doesn't have a name yet.  I'm still running through the random french girl's name generator trying to come up with one that none of the other ladies have named THEIR dolls yet.  le sigh.  My poor little no name Bleuette manikin doll.  Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #519 on: January 20, 2014 05:45:10 PM »

N.E.W.T. update on Theo's Waldorf Doll:  Today is Monday, I know, but who knows what will be happening on Friday. It was a productive day today and I managed to get most of the body sewn to the head, and his face is finished. Moving on to clothes.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vegan Sushi
How to Make Traditional Indian Paneer
Meet Sushi Expert Mamie Nishide
Sushi Etiquette Tips
Ginger Guide for Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...