A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 304,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
385 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 82081 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #480 on: January 15, 2014 08:59:58 PM »

Oh my gosh! You Hufflepuffs really live it up in the common room! lol I laughed so hard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #481 on: January 16, 2014 11:03:05 AM »

Heh!  Glad you enjoyed that!  Grin  We 'Puffs have to make a name for ourselves somehow!  Cheesy

I have 2 more classes to turn in! 

Class: Muggle Studies
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Scrummy Snowballs
Project Description: The Muggles have some very interesting methods of cooking.  One device they use is a *nearly* magical box that heats things without fire.  I used one to melt the butter for this recipe.  Fascinating!  Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3 c shredded coconut (I used sweetened, but there's a lot of powdered sugar, so I imagine unsweetened would also be fine.)
2 c powdered sugar

for the chocolate shell:

1 c choc chips
1 t shortening (I used Spectrum.)

Melt the butter.  You can 'nuke' it in the 'microwave' (apparently this does not produce the radioactive fallout that the description seems to imply.)  Then stir in the coconut and sugar.  In a separate bowl, nuke the chips and shortening together and stir.  Using your hands, form balls from the coconut mixture, dip into the chocolate goo and set on a cookie tray.  I put a Silpat on mine for easy release, but parchment or foil would work, too.  When you've filled up the tray, put it in the "Norwegian Fridge,"  (anywhere in the garage or outside that the wildlife can't nosh on it), or in the Muggle fridge.  Or, heck, just eat them now.  Cheesy
Project Pic:

and for cleanup:

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Transfiguring Flower
Project Link: http://www.groupepp.com/dishbout/kpatterns/petal.html
Project Description: There's a Grimm's Fairy Tale about a girl called Jorinda, and a boy called Jorindel in which an old fairy is transfiguring maidens into beautiful birds (who she then imprisons.)  The boys that come near the castle become stuck until she frees them.  When Jorinda is imprisoned by the fairy, Jorindel dreams of a purple flower which he can use to dis-enchant (or de-transfigure) the maidens.  When he wakes, he searches for 9 days until he finds the flower, then uses it to free all the maidens. 

My purple flower is more likely to be used to transfigure messy countertops into clean ones, but oh well. Cheesy
Project Pic:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: January 16, 2014 12:50:30 PM »

Congratulations to noodle-bug for finding BLUE, STRIPES and OMBRE in the Ravenclaw Scavenger Hunt!!  Here are your shiny new badges!!!

Future hunters can pick up their badges in the Ravenclaw Common Room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #483 on: January 16, 2014 02:48:25 PM »

w00t!  Another class!

Class: Astronomy
Project Name: Europa's Moonflower
Project Link: Moon Flower Dishcloth
Project Description: I chose white and blue yarns to represent ice, and the moon flower pattern because Europa is a moon. Smiley  I changed the patt a little, liking the open spaces that make it a little more ice-crystal-y.  But that did make the edge more ruffly than it should have been.  I like its texture, though, and am happy with it.  I may try another, following the patt exactly - not sure yet. Smiley
Project Pic:

Noodle-bug I love how cosy your cowl looks!  And the knitted sleeve for your needle jar is a great idea!  Aren't hexis fun?  I love what you did! Smiley

blupaisan Your earring collection is MOST impressive, and wondrous!! Smiley  Awesome job!

Naantje  I love the idea of a cat lounger.  Do you think you'll have to make another so they don't fight over it? >^_^<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #484 on: January 16, 2014 03:57:34 PM »

Awesome earrings! And I'm so in awe of the beautiful wool work ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Naantje
« Reply #485 on: January 16, 2014 04:05:03 PM »

For now, it's wait and see, but it looks like I shouldn't bother with a second one: Sputnik doesn't seem to get the concept. Charlotte on the other hand absolutely adores the lounger, she's hardly left her spot today!

"How nice, you made me a wavy thing to stare at!"

"Let me take a closer look..."

"I'll just park my butt on the very edge of the corner."

"Silly Sputnik, this is what you use it for. Soft, snuggly warmness."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Moonflame
« Reply #486 on: January 16, 2014 04:54:23 PM »

OMG!  I love it!  Grin  And your kitties are SO CUTE!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
coulsenl
« Reply #487 on: January 16, 2014 05:34:23 PM »

Challenge: Peppermint Bean
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Memory Journal
Description: My daughter is 8 weeks old as of yesterday, and holding her for the first time was the most euphoric moment of my life (though that could have been the 15 hours of iv morphine prior to the C-section). I've been wanting to do a sort of memory journal for her for a while to commemorate that.  I did a dozen pages total, with letters to her and bundles of photos and illustrations, though I'm just going to show the least photo laden ones. If the headmistresses need to see more pages, I am happy to pm the pictures of them to you.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014 05:35:54 PM by coulsenl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #488 on: January 16, 2014 05:39:09 PM »

Naantje: Your kitties are tres adorable!!!! Sputnik should come around eventually....  Cheesy

Bluepaisan: I love your earrings....I've always been partial to interesting objects for earrings...and the duckies made me squee!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #489 on: January 16, 2014 06:18:42 PM »

Deputy Headmistress Jennifer, you added my completed transfiguration newt  to the advanced studies list, but i don't see it on the house points list - could you check for me next time you're updating, please?
here's a link to my completed NEWT post
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429362.msg5136986#msg5136986

Also... it doesn't look like my current NEWT is listed in the proposals. The proposal was made in the same post as the completed project above
Cheesy

Also i cancelled my ongoing astronomy OWL a while ago due to ... basically, just really intense craft fatigue. essentially I grew to hate the project, which seems like rather a bad vibe in which to amke a baby blanket Smiley I'm planning on proposing a new one soon

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014 06:35:10 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Beaded Watch Band Designs
How to Crimp Beads
How to Make a Beaded Lanyard
How to Use a Beading Board
How to Make Fimo Beads
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...