A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,516
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 78625 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #470 on: January 15, 2014 07:20:58 AM »

Fellow students, the Pinterest board is up to date again (bar the hidden ones so swap partners won't see them by accident).

With the whole family being in and out of the Hospital wing and getting more and more potions from Madam Pomfrey, I haven't had the notions of doing any crafts really. Should have kept track of my cooking though, but that never occurred to me. Shocked

Hoping that once the little Hobbits are down to sleep after dinner & bath I'll get do start on some crafting. I also have to make some things for 2 swaps, so I better get myself sorted! Shocked

Watch this space ... hopefully updates coming soon (once I can figure out how I can apply them to the Classes! My biggest problem this semester).

Will start commenting on the wonderful items on here, too! PROMISED!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #471 on: January 15, 2014 07:53:27 AM »

Pinks, keep being the awesome person you are. We know only important Ministry Of Magic stuff can keep you away from us!!
Inselaeffchen, thanks for being our pin pixie Smiley hope everyone of yours is okay.
and.. Thank you Miss Jennie for running this thing. It's such a great motivation to craft for me!
Linakins-don't say that! I made a couple of very similar dolls to yours last year as prices for our eggs hunt. Yours turned out better!

Class:Astronomy
House: Gryffindor
Name:Moon lady
desc: this item is for a swap, but I'm not sure the person watch this craftalong...You'll see it fits well into the description of the class Smiley
Image here!

Class:Defence Against the Dark Arts
Name: Un jour la fois
desc: I confess I have a hard time being away from my mom and in-laws. Papa studies from 6 o'clock to 1 am leaving me alone with the kids most of the time, alone to take care of the house and alone with myself -you now know why I'm able to craft for all the classes!- So I used one of my son's (3yr old) painting to make myself a little reminder. I can't really translate it, but Un jour la fois means to take each day as they come, live in the moment and try to worry less.

Class:BB-Peppermint
Name: a hat for Thomas
desc: This is a simple hat for my friend who's expecting a boy any day now. She loves handknit but can't do any. It is a very soft huge merino yarn. I knit it without pattern.

I have my ideas for 2 of the 3 classes left, and I've checked the DA spells list. Merry Wolf Moon everyone!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014 07:59:32 AM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #472 on: January 15, 2014 09:55:24 AM »

rockmygypsysoul, I am insanely jealous of your wonderful paintings.  I think they are just fantastic -- I especially love the brushstrokes in the mountain one.  Hang them on your wall with pride.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #473 on: January 15, 2014 10:16:57 AM »

Challenge - Bean, peppermint
House - RavenclAWESOME
ravenclaw scavenger hunt - blue
Project
I discovered how cool hexie making is Cheesy you can use scraps of paper, scraps of thread and scraps of fabric, all of which makes me happy as it lessens waste... and you can show off your yummy fabrics. and it's easy enough to do that you can letch at Cumberbatch on the telly the whole time Cheesy Doesn't get much more euphoric than Benidict's bum lovely crafting!

I've made about 50 so far this last week, and many of them are blue

Challenge - DA stunning
House - RavenclAWESOME
Ravenclaw scavenger hunt - ombre
project - not a needle roll
I realised that my intention to make a knitting needle roll was impractical, since i have a lot (inherited from nan and gran), and so it would be a super bulky roll. Instead, I've knitted a wrap for this vase, to store them prettily. The colours are pretty stunning, i reckon - those brights are definitely eye-catching

and the bottom half fades red to pink... which is ombre (just!)

Challenge - January detention
House - Ravenclaw
ravenclaw scavenger hunt - stripes
Project -
I lost my cowl before Christmas (hmm... Slightly drunk). And since i really loved it i decided to make the same one again, except slightly tighter and taller. Same wool, same colours of stripe (grey and cream) - different number of stitches and rows. I brought the wool as soon as i realised i'd lost my old one... But the chances of crafting for myself that near Christmas are zero so I've only just got to it now
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014 10:29:00 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 15, 2014 11:52:15 AM »

Lovely paintings, rockmygypsysoul!   Smiley   

Mamantattoo - I love the Un jour la fois painting!   I love how you used your son's art (so colorful, love it!) and the phrase you used really speaks to me as well.    Smiley

noodle bug, I love the bright and colorful wrap for your needle vase!   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #475 on: January 15, 2014 12:03:08 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: New Year Resolution Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: More WackoBelle Earrings
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) My resolution is to start taking my Etsy shop seriously and to branch out to local stores in my area. I have made new earrings and revamped old ones.
Project Picture:
Newest Earrings

Teacups, duckies, arms, Tootsie Rolls, Sharpies, turkey bones, pianted Atlantic Giant pumpkin seeds, and grass from my side yard.
Revamping old ones:

Paperclips, golf balls, rabies tags, reconstructed bamboo placemat, flowers in pots, drapery tassels, and dice.
I wear a different pair each evening as I serve food at an assisted living place. The 'old follks' love 'em!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
Naantje
« Reply #476 on: January 15, 2014 01:02:21 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean - Peppermint
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Wavy cat lounger
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430820.0#axzz2qVBpvCMZ
Brief Description:
I made something that will make my kitties very happy: a lounging mat for the windowsill above the radiator. It's their favourite spot in winter because it's nice and warm, but it wasn't very soft. Until now! It reminds me of a wavy sea. Smiley Made with a 7mm crochet hook and a bulky yarn that's knit, not spun (if that makes sense?) I bought the yarn to make a hat for my cousin, but then found out that it resulted in too rigid a fabric for clothing. It is, however, ideal for cat loungers  Grin
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #477 on: January 15, 2014 05:23:51 PM »

So many great things!

Tiamatfire- CONGRATS!!! I remember the beginnings of this needlework project and I commend you for gettin' it done. (I still have the bits and bobbles from my O.W.L. proposal which I made *cough* in *cough, cough* September ... *Choke, gasp, wheeze* of 2012! *Faint*

I love the Slythee colored ripple 'ghan, too. I've yet to branch into ripples, but Trelawney tells me that my yarn is in greaaaat daaaangerrrrrr of being worked up into some nice ripple patterns in February.

I always fall in love with Maman's Waldorf dolls. if I ever have a baby I will be looking to get one of those, for sure! (Remember the Ron Weasley one? I still look at it on my pinterest board sometimes and just sigh.)

I promise to be a more present member of Hogwarts going forward. I've been in a huge life upheaval (in a good way, I suppose. Just very, very busy and exhausting!) and have been mostly lurking rather than posting. I do have to projects to get pics of (Go Slytherin!) so hopefully I'll get those up by week's end. And then next week I'm on vacation! Weeeee! Yarny time galore!

Merlin's beard, look at the time! I best be getting back to my to-do list!

Have a great night, everyone!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #478 on: January 15, 2014 05:57:44 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Unicorn Bone Earrings
Brief Description: So, I just moved to a place behind which is 46 acres of a Nature Preserve. I figured it would be a wonderful place for a walk and that I might see some wildlife. Sadly, I came upon a unicorn skeleton. It had obviously been deceased for years, but the funny thing was that the silver blood had pooled as it dripped into ant holes. I took some of these round discs home as well as two pieces from the neck (after saying a prayer for the unfortunate beast) and created the following earrings...
Project Picture:

I feel that red is a very powerful color and wanted to give a nod to the incredible power of this creature. I chose red beads and tassels.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
Moonflame
« Reply #479 on: January 15, 2014 06:43:53 PM »

Wow!  Awesome stuff everyone!  I've fallen behind due to the new semester starting up, but I'll jump back in here. Smiley  I may or may not have gotten detained in that Huffle party.  Thranduil the Party King takes no prisoners.  Or wait. . .  I dunno.  It's been pretty crazy.  I think we've finally gotten Loki under control now.  You can judge for yourselves by the photographic evidence.  (We're on page 7.)

I think I have the Huffles up to date in the Common Room.  Please PM me if I've missed any of your assignments. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Rainbow Hot Dogs
How to Upgrade Your Burger with Pimiento Cheese
How to Make Slow Cooked Ham and Eggs
Daphne Oz’s Mexican Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Perfectly Pretty Lace Pancakes Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...