A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 304,885
Currently Running With Scissors:
387 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 82272 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stillatthetop
« Reply #440 on: January 11, 2014 01:47:47 PM »

What a little happy dappy in my lappy happy dappy do! So cute. Nice job with the sweater, Naantje  Grin
Glad you are adoring your little Goddaughter baby. How cute and cuddly is that? I love the color. About my favorite shade of purple {fave}. And best that it fits just right....the rolled sleeves give them troubles.  Cheesy This one looks perfect.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #441 on: January 11, 2014 04:23:52 PM »

I am formally canceling my Muggle Studies N.E.W.T. that I started during the summer semester. While I did achieve 1/3 of it, the rest is just going to be too hard to do since we live so far apart and I can't bring my kids with me to complete parts of the project. I will find something else to do soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: January 11, 2014 05:56:57 PM »

Uhboy... my SO and I spent the holidays overseas with his family, and started the long (31 hour door to door) trip back home on the 3rd. Soooo... with all the craziness of returning back to this week, that means I haven't checked the thread since before we returned home.  So catch-up starts on page 34.  Here we go!

ErinAquaheart - What a great hoop to go with your Care Bear's salvaged tummy symbol!  I loved those as a kid.  Also, I like the effect of your Herbology practice painting.
WhistleFish - Your Silhouetted Christmas Card is fantastic!
Audania1 - This is another great hoop.  I love buttons on hooplas.
butterflyangel - Your oil painting and melted crayon piece both look wonderful.  My melted crayon experiments have not looked nearly so nice as yours, lol.

That will get me through page 40... we are off to dinner now, so I'll have to save the rest for later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Yet Another TM Patch Swap R. 3
  • Fall/Character Ninni
  • Christmas Stocking Swap R. 10
  • October ATC (organizer)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #443 on: January 11, 2014 08:33:15 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
House:Slytherin
Project Name:Green Lion Drawing

This drawing was really fun. I have been trying to make myself do art everyday even if I dont't know what to draw. So, when I started doodling and this lion emerged I just knew I had to decorate him in green and use him for his alchemical potential. He reminds me of something that would live on the Island of Misfit Toys.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
tiamatfire
« Reply #444 on: January 11, 2014 08:50:16 PM »

OK peeps who have been with us the whole 7 "years", prepare yourself for something I'm sure you never thought you'd see again...

BEHOLD!  I have finished the birth announcement of epicness!

Class: January Detention
House: Gryffindor
Name: Beatrix Potter birth announcement

For those who didn't start way back in 2012, I proposed a NEWT of a cross-stitched birth announcement for my daughter.  It proved to be much more epic in scale than I expected, and I put it on hold twice before finally setting it aside in discouragement.  Well a little while ago I had no inspiring crochet or knitting to do, so I picked it back up and finished it!

There's probably well over 100 hours of work in here, including graphing out the stats and completely seam ripping to (finished!) characters and redoing them when I realised they were misplaced.  It's done on 28-count aida, so it was very small and finicky.  I altered some of the backstitch slightly because even one strand was thick on the 28-count, so a few little details got modified or left out (like I had to move some of Mrs. Tiggy-winkle's prickles, and adjust some of the fingers on the mice, etc.).  Overall I'm really pleased!

Now I'm just in time to rest before starting one for her brother... Roll Eyes Tongue  I'd like to do Classic Pooh, but the one I found and loved is a kit that is no longer available.  I'm seriously trying to pick a pattern out by using photos I've found online and graphing it in excel.  Anyone seen any Classic Pooh cross-stitches around?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #445 on: January 12, 2014 12:16:01 AM »

Team at fire that is AMAZING! As a person who started crafting with cross stitch and using the 28 count cloth, I can totally appreciate how much love and work went into that. Well done! I will keep my eyes open as I go through my craft boxes (I'm doing a huge purge) and if I find any classic Pooh I will gladly send him your way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: January 12, 2014 06:13:19 AM »

Anyone seen any Classic Pooh cross-stitches around?

Congrats on finishing such an epic project tia!  As for your question, have you checked eBay?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #447 on: January 12, 2014 06:19:31 AM »

Love the happy lion, Technicolor!

A quick pop-in to tell tia that there is an actual Classic Storybook Pattern book, with classic Pooh, but I am having trouble remembering the title.  Sad It is at our library and I'll run in there and grab it.

FOUND THE TITLE!
It is Erica Wilson's Children's World and has tons of patterns included. The library that has it happens to be closed today, but when I get the book I'll let you know what I find. Amazon has it for $7...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014 06:41:23 AM by pottermouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: January 12, 2014 06:45:29 AM »

Way to go pottermouth!  I love seeing when folks on Craftster/HPC help each other out!  Gold star to you my friend.  Gold star to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Linakins

Craft Hoarder

Will work for craft supplies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #449 on: January 12, 2014 09:33:17 AM »

Moonflame- I really dig the yarn you used for your basketweave dishcloths. Also, your weave came out very well! And the purple hairband has a neat texture stitch to it. Super cute! I love your hexipuffs and would be amazed to see you make a quilt like the one you showed in that pic. And the purple hooded thing! Love things with hoods!
WhistleFish- Thank you. I love making little felt things. Thats like. My thing XD Also, I loved your Christmas card. It was one of my faves
Naantje- Your tiny purple sweater is adorbs!
Acadian Driftwood- those strip blocks are so pretty! I dont know that the green and brown seems very masculine since theyre soft tones, but theyre very lovely. I also loved that little ornament you made out of your cut up Christmas cards. Ive been debating what to do with the ones I got in the card exchange and I think Imm do this. Thanks for the lovely idea!
jellybean89- your hat is awesome. I want one XD and your ornaments, particularly the woordburned ones are pretty freakin sweet. I love nerdy things.
ErinAquaheart- That carebear hoopla is the shizz. Like seriously. I dont get these hoopla things, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. And those bee warmers AMG! Retardedly cute! Love them! Your water colors are also great! And your cookies make me sad that I have no chocolate chip cookies at home. Now I want some QQ
Magpirate- Im going to eat your cucumber tree. It looks delicious. Just sayin Also I think that Imma steal that hat from your g/f. Love it. The Mobius jewelry is super nice too. I dont usually like stuff like this, but I love this! And your woodcarving! I envy your skills. Id love to learn to carve wood.
Audania1- Tiny pink beanie=love
noodle-bug- your round colorful thingy is so pretty!I love rainbow things. And your crossdressing cowboy maded me luls. Your origami dress came out well.
pottermouth- your marshmallows look delish and your ATC is super lovely. Im always so jealous of those who can do those types of things.
butterflyangel- You did an awesome job on those gloves! You should be proud for a first go! And te lady bug pic is very nice. I love the soft quality about it. How did you do that thing with the crayons? I want to do that!
MamanTattoo- awesome marshmallows! I love the swirls and the tiny sweater! How cute is that? XD And you have beautiful children! Id put them on a cheesy mom mug too XD
midkiffsjoy- If I agree to be you r pet, can you make me an awesome cage like this one?
pinkleo- whats up with all these tiny pink beanies? SOOO CUTE!!!
netchez- seriously pink beanies.. Im jealous! Love this one too.
tiamatfire- love the snowflake blanket, sooo lovely. Love the cowl more. Looks so warm and wonderful and alpaca fur makes me squee. The charm bracelet is sooo cute! I love the whole color scheme and choices of charms. And 100 hours on the cross stitch? Zomg. Thats amazing.
Mistress Jennie- I love your rainbow bracelet and those cute plum dangly earrings! And your post card! When I got it I flipped out over it and I stuck it in my smashbook because of its pure awesomeness.
TechnicolorAquahearts- your gingerbread army looks delicious! So does your rice dish. I love your crazy green lion. The patternwork you did on it is super neat.
Avesthel- your ponchos look warm and snuggly! AND your ring! WANT!!! <333
DragonChilde- I love your Europa jar, its swirly goodness. And your gnome is too cute! As for the badge, Id be happy to make you one XD Im making a ton more of these so Id be happy to send one your way!
coulsenl- Your carseat blanket came out lovely and that felt penguin is a mishmashed cutie!
blupaisan- welcome to Hogwarts. Your pony is wicked crazy in a good way. Ive always wanted to try this. Was it difficult to do? I love his skull cutiemark. I also like the dots on the cabinet ( I think that s what it is) I love dots and I love these colors!

There now I feel like less of a slouch for never saying much XD

Now my turn!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DA: Sign the Parchment
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hogwarts Pocket Poppet
Project Page Link (if available): https://www.etsy.com/listing/171436612/pocket-pixie-pdf-pattern-instant?ref=shop_home_active_12
Brief Description: So the thing Im known for is making tiny cute things out of felt. Mainly what Id love to be known for though is making dolls. Its what Im going to primarily focus on. What I did her was take my Gingermelon pocket pixie pattern and shrink it down. The doll is a little under 4 inches tall.

For the outfit, well, this is an OC of my upcoming RP character, her name is Alyssum Gardengrove and she is a Gryffindork (my word for Gryffindor) hopeful. Alys is in a male uniform because she refuses to wear the jumpers or skirts, so her mum decided shed wear her brothers handmedown uniforms instead, much to Alyss delight. Again, I apologize for the crappy image quality as always. My camera truly sucks!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft to preserve my sanity!

If you like my work and would be interested in a personal swap, please contact me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Magic Wand Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Manipulate a Selection in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Work With Selection Tools in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use the Lasso Tools in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use the Marquee Tools in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...