A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,474
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 78398 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #420 on: January 10, 2014 08:45:24 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:DADA
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name:not a wall, but pretty close to it...
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I just moved into a place that is fairly run down with former tenants. I am redoing the cupboards. See before and after pics. I have not yet moved my crafts supplies, so had no small brushes for detailing. I did find leftover blue and white paint and a large brush, so painted background white and then used the only possible thing - qtips - available for detailing! I am generally not a polkadot person, but beggars can't be choosers! I went to the dollar store and spent my last buck on the yellow paint. All they had was fabric paint, but hey, it worked!
my camera thingie won't close entirely, thus, the black bits at the edge...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
margiej
« Reply #421 on: January 10, 2014 09:04:38 AM »

Oh great looking cabinet doors!  What a wonderful idea!  You always come up with the neatest things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: January 10, 2014 09:13:58 AM »

@Mistress Jennie: ...I loved your post cards too! I was super excited when I got mine...I started inspecting it immediately (my husband gave me some rather funny looks)...I couldn't figure out whether you made it or bought it somewhere but now I know! What kind of printer/paper did you use? It looks like a professional post card on the front.

Honestly, I can't remember what kind of paper it was.  My color printer was acting up, so I after I Photoshoped the images onto 8.5"x11", I had them printed at Kinko's.  It was whatever their glossy cardstock was.  Then I brought them home, sliced them up, and did the stamping.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #423 on: January 10, 2014 09:30:22 AM »

Welcome to Hufflepuff blu!! I love how you did your cabinets, very clever with low supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #424 on: January 10, 2014 10:36:06 AM »

Cute cupboards! I'm all for thrifty crafting
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #425 on: January 10, 2014 07:09:09 PM »

Advanced Studies Friday!!

Amazingly, I was finally able to get some work done on my oil paintings once my stomach flu ebbed.  In fact, aside from drying (and painting the canvas edges black), I am done with three of the four!  HURRAH!! 

My largest piece, the humpback whale, is also the cleanest in terms of design but since it's so large and so clean, I really have to wait for each layer to dry.  BUT my Northern lights, mountains, and cherry blossoms are done!  I was super nervous about the final blue wash over the cherry blossoms since I've never really done a thin wash before and didn't want to ruin what I had already done but I think it came out great!

Hoping to finish the whale over the next week now that the big chunks are done, then everything will be edged black with acrylic and hung ASAP - my dad hasn't seen our apartment since we moved at the end of November and my mom hasn't been here at all, so I've been hoping I could have a little bit of color up on the walls!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #426 on: January 10, 2014 07:10:01 PM »

Such wonderful things!!!!

blupaisan: I love the cabinet overhaul! Cute! and welcome to the Hogwarts!

Class: January Detention with Binns (opps! PROFESSOR Binns)
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Shroom Dude Watercolor
Project Description: I started this watercolor several years ago to experiment with my watercolor skills and different techniques. I got bored with it and frustrated about what to do next to make it finished. So I left it undone and sad in my portfolio. I forgot to take a before picture but there were no faces on the shroom dudes or any details on the background so it just looked flat and boring....well as boring as bold vibrant colors can be....ANYWAY....I finished it during this horribly boring detention....turns out that Binns is just the motivation I needed to pull out this frustrating piece.

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Green Lion
Project Description: I went for the literal here. I painted a watercolor painting of a green lion that has taken a huge bite out of the sun. No more to say here.

Class: CoMC
Project Name: Unicorn Drawing
Project Description: I have avoided drawing horse related creatures for a while now because they are so freakin difficult!!!! So I faced this fear and drew up what I saw of this amazing magical creature! I didn't get everything quite right but I like the result. Did you know that the traditional unicorn of medieval lore was part goat and had the tail of a lion....I didn't see the cloven hooves and beard that are rumored to be part of unicorn anatomy but I was surprised that the unicorn actually did have the tail of a lion!!!! I was so surprised!

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Project Link: Recipe is here----> http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18476/Original-NESTL%C3%89-TOLL-HOUSE-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/detail.aspx
Project Description: I heard that cookies were the best place to start with muggle baking so I made these yummy things. I used the nestle tollhouse recipe but used dark chocolate chips instead of milk....very yummy....we nomnomnomed these right up....I even gave a few a way to some very nice girls that came over to help us organize.

Class: Charms
Project Name: Snowy Owl
Project Description: I decided, after painting my green lion, that I would do a whole bunch of animal paintings of various colors to give to family and friends. I started by asking my sisters what they would like to have and one of them told me that she likes owls. So I painted her a watercolor of a snowy white owl. I had to get creative to show shadows and feathers and used blue and purple to show off the snowy nature of this regal bird. I think that even Hedwig would approve and she is one picky customer! Anyway, when I think of snowy days I think about snow creatures and Hedwig and other snowy owls really remind me of a crisp snowy day with lots of untouched snow to play in. OH!!! And my little owl is standing on a WOODEN log! So......
Quidditch: Goal for SLYTHERIN!!!!

Sorry about the posting overload! I've been a busy little Slytherin the past few days....I hope to keep up the pace!

~~~~~BE GREAT OR GO HOME!!! GO SLYTHERIN!!!!!~~~~~
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014 07:27:28 PM by ErinAquaheart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #427 on: January 10, 2014 08:39:27 PM »

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful comments on my previously posted projects! Someone asked what I used to make the leopard painting: Its a combination of watercolor, pencil, and ink.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Comforting Chicken Rice For a Cold Night
Brief Description: As many of you are aware the Eastern and Southern U.S. was subject to a "Polar Vortex" or in less dramatic terms: It got really freakin cold! So I pulled out my muggle stew pot and made this simple, hearty, and warm recipe for my family to sup on and warm their bellies. It is really simple I used a 16 oz bag of white rice and followed the directions on the package for the amount of liquid to add. I used chicken stock instead of water to give it a richer flavor, First I melted some butter in the bottom of the pan and toasted the rice until some of it was a very light golden brown, then I added the liquid, celery, carrots, and two cans of chicken. I brought it to a boil over medium heat and then covered it and let it simmer on low stirring occasionally until the excess liquid was gone and the rice was fluffy. We seasoned it with a little salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. The poultry seasoning really makes it go from plain to pow!

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Unicorn Painting

Brief Description: One of my new years resolutions was to make some art every day in order to build my skill and body of work. I chose a unicorn on this day because I knew that the porportions would be challenging and that I would have to exercise my watercolor layering skills to get it painted and shaded. It isn't perfect, but I think it has a lot of personality.

Project Picture:

Advanced Studies Friday:

I am a 5th year and I am ashamed to report that I have never completed an owl. I have planned man of them and proposed a couple of them, but not finished either of them. Well, this semester that is going to change! Here is the work I did this week on my currently proposed Muggle Studies OWL. I devised a project where I made a set of custom art toys inspired by muggle fairy tales. I took a broad definition of fairy tale and went with any fantastical fiction. So far I have ideas for The Wizard of Oz, Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, James and The Giant Peach, and The Chronicles of Narnia. Here are a few pics of the process that I am using to create the toys:

Above are the vinyl blanks that I am using for some of the toys, I will also be making some cloth dolls with stencils.

Here are some pics of the design work that I have done so far:

A flying monkey from The Wizard of Oz:

Willy Wonka:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #428 on: January 10, 2014 10:07:21 PM »

DragonChilde- the apron construction was pretty easy. I actually have a book with pattern pieces to do it from. It's called Retro Aprons and  I got it in a swap! The most trouble I had (as in almost all of my sewing projects) is the time it takes to cut out the pattern pieces and transfer the pattern to the fabric, then cut the fabric!! As far as construction goes, it was pretty easy - only a few darts and some ruffling. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 11, 2014 01:39:39 AM »

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words about my ponchos.   Smiley

I'm loving all the art and what a great idea for those cabinet doors!   Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: sparkly white crystal ring
Brief Description:  One of my newest loves is making rings.   Smiley   I made this sparkly white ring for the sweat shop swap.   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fall Makeup Trends From Jill Martin
3 Volume-Boosting Beauty Products For Your Hair, Lips and Skin
Change Your Eye Shape With Eyeliner Make Up Tutorial
Get Your Beauty Sleep
Top Beauty Products
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...