A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2013/2014~  (Read 82265 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonflame
« Reply #410 on: January 09, 2014 06:46:16 AM »

You can even hit the button that looks like this:   in the reply box, and it will put the tags you need there.  If you've already copied your link's address from the address bar (just click in the address bar of the page you want to link to - it should highlight the whole thing and then you can hold Ctrl C to copy it), all you have to do then is hold Ctrl V to paste in your url (the cursor will already be in the right spot.)  Or if you want to make it prettier, you can go inside the first bracket it makes, and after "url" do = and then hit Ctrl V.  Then between the ] of the first set and the [ of the second set, you can type anything you want.  Whatever you typed then becomes clickable, and will take you to the address you pasted in.

Forgive me if I said stuff you already know.  I figure too much info is usually better than too little. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Moonflame
« Reply #411 on: January 09, 2014 07:17:15 AM »

Pinkleo  We are loving the circular face pads!  They're well worth making.  A set whips up quite quickly, and I have no doubt you'll be quicker at it than I was! Smiley

MamanTattoo  Wow!  Your sweater is awesome!  And your model is adorable. Cheesy  I love how your mug came out, too.

MistressJennie  Your pendant and earrings are lovely!  Lucky friend. Smiley  I love the rainbow bracelet.  And those earrings!  Wow!  I really like how you left the purple only in the recessed parts.  Cool!  Your post card is a jaw-dropper.  I love that MoM stamp. Cheesy

ErinAquahearts  I love those bee handwarmers!  My eldest actually squeed when she saw them. Smiley And your paintings are lovely.   

TechnicolorAquahearts Your cookies look so yummy!  I really like how your hoopla came out.  And your Koi & Lotus, and Leopard are amazing!  OMG, the tree ornaments are adorable!  I <3 the buttons so much!

ButterflyAngelGreat paintings!  Someday I will have to get brave enough to try painting something. Smiley

Noodle-bug  Ha!  I love your cross-dressing cowboy!  His stance and expression are just perfect for the dress, LOL!

Avesthel  Those ponchos look really cosy!  What a great use of fleece!

DragonChilde  I love how your jars turned out.  Did you just bake them at the regular temp and time for sculpey?  Your gnome is cute.  I love his smug expression! Smiley

coulsenl  That diaper bag pouch is a great idea!  The penguin reminds me of the black/white/red toys that were so big when my kids were babies. Smiley  And I LOVE your blanket.  Wow!  It looks so soft and snuggly!

A party has broken out in the Hufflepuff Common Room.  Stop by and see Party King Thranduil.  He's a lively character. ^_^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #412 on: January 09, 2014 01:34:41 PM »

Almost forgot to post my O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. proposals. Typical.

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option: Potions, Option 1
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Multi-Textural ATB
Brief Description: Since this is a swap item, I can only say that it will be an altered block with multiple textures and patterns. It will involve the 2.5" x 3.5" block, a variety of papers, paints, inks, adhesives, found objects, maybe some brads...

~*NEWT PROPOSAL HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: Charms
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Waldorf Doll for Theo
Brief Description: Many Charms will be used for the creation of Theo's doll; the Permanent Sticking Charm, Repelling Charm (sometimes the wool wants to escape from the seams!), the Knitting Charm for clothes, and a Cheering Charm in hopes of making little Theo happy. There will probably be a few more charms needed for the success of the assignment but these first few will surely be mastered. Materials used: wool batt, organic knit fabric (tricot), stockinette tubing, embroidery floss, mohair, cotton thread, cotton fabric and wool yarn for clothing.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #413 on: January 09, 2014 05:27:11 PM »

A party has broken out in the Hufflepuff Common Room.  Stop by and see Party King Thranduil.  He's a lively character. ^_^

Ain't No Party Like a Badger-Set Party  Grin
Nice shades Thrandi-King... if I bring a few butter beers will someone sneak me in, or is it strictly 'puffs-only?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #414 on: January 09, 2014 05:42:32 PM »

It can't be 'puffs only.  C'mon, they're 'puffs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #415 on: January 09, 2014 07:45:14 PM »

How embarrassing... I showed up to the party wearing that same crown and shades! Thranduil was giving me some serious side-eye. Or maybe that's just his usual expression??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
WhistleFish
« Reply #416 on: January 09, 2014 08:36:44 PM »

Time for me to "Ooo and Ahhh"!

@MamanTattoo: I LOVE your little sweater. It is so so so so cute on him! (Also, genius idea for the pants! What a great way to use up an old shirt!)
@Mistress Jennie: Beautiful set! I especially love the necklace. That rainbow bracelet may be my favorite thing you've made! It's gorgeous! I loved your post cards too! I was super excited when I got mine...I started inspecting it immediately (my husband gave me some rather funny looks)...I couldn't figure out whether you made it or bought it somewhere but now I know! What kind of printer/paper did you use? It looks like a professional post card on the front.
@ErinAquaheart: Your handwarmers are so cute!!
@TechnicolorAquahearts: What perfect looking gingerbread men! I like the idea of using the licorice for them! Also, your koi sketch is AMAZING!! You're so talented!
@butterflyangel: Lovely oil painting!! I've been too intimidated to use oil paints...is it that different from acrylics?
@noodle-bug: Cute cowboy/girl card!
@Avesthel: What a great use for all that fleece! And they look so toasty. Perfect for the weather we've been having here in the states.
@coulsenl: Your little diaper bag pouch is a great idea!
@DragonChilde: Neat jars! Maybe a stupid question but...you can just put the clay on there and bake it right? It will stay on there? It won't break or come loose?
@BadWolf314: Haha, I think I'm in love with my Cameo...my only wish is that I had an actual crafting area where I could have it set up all the time instead of having to drag it out every time I want to use it. I totally want a subscription to the online store for my birthday.

And since I probably won't post tomorrow, here's my:

Advanced Studies Update: Project Life for November is DONE!!! It didn't take me too long since all my pictures were done. On to December next! If I get done early then I'll start working on January and turn that in too. And if I still have time, I have something else I'm working on that I can add to it. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Magpirate
« Reply #417 on: January 09, 2014 10:58:34 PM »

Audania1, the hanging tree hoop looks great, I love all the different textures.  And that's an adorable beanie!

noodle-bug, fantastic laptop case!  The cowboy looks so pleased with his new dress.  Smiley

pottermouth - mmm, homemade marshmallows...they look delicious!  Love the ATB, all the natural materials give it a nice earthy feel.

butterflyangel, you did a great job on the fingerless gloves, especially for your first time making them!  I like your ladybug oil painting, and the crayon painting is so fun and colorful.  Smiley

MamanTattoo - those marshmallows are almost too pretty to eat!  That little sweater is SO CUTE, I love it.  The photo mug looks great, what a wonderful gift!

midkiffsjoy - wow, Claudia is one lucky rat!  I'm sure she will stay toasty warm with all that fleece and fur around, and with so many toys to dig and burrow in, she'll never be bored.  Smiley

pinkleo, that beanie is super cute!

netchez, awesome hat!

tiamatfire - I LOVE the snowflake afghan!  It's gorgeous.  Smiley  The cowl looks really warm, and your charm bracelet is lovely!  Those muffins sound wonderful, I love apple bread.

Moonflame - wonderful job on your OWL!  Your mozetta is beautiful.  The 1,000 things resolution sounds like a great idea, good luck!

Mistress Jennie, I adore that rainbow bracelet!  The heart earrings are so pretty and shiny, and I love the postcard.  Mine's still hanging on my wall, I can't bring myself to take down all my cards yet...

ErinAquaheart, the bee handwarmers are really cute!  I like the painting too, I'm impressed that you got so much variation in shade out of each color.

TechnicolorAquahearts, the gingerrbread men look yummy!  I like the colors of your hoopla.  Beautiful paintings, and the ornament is cute!

Avesthel, those ponchos look super warm and snuggly.

DragonChilde, that little gnome is adorable!  Polymer clay-covered jars are a neat idea, yours look great!

coulsenl, the grab bag is a good thought, I'm forever losing important but tiny things in the bottom of my backpack.  The blanket looks great, I really like the texture created by the dropped stitches!  Penelope is an adorable little penguin.

Whew!  I was going to post some projects of my own, but commenting takes me forever and now it's very late.  Maybe tomorrow...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #418 on: January 10, 2014 07:41:19 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: transformed MLP
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
Here is a MLP, my first ever. I am not familiar with the originals, so I do not know 'who' it used to be. got it for 25 cents at Goodwill. Months ago, I bought 2 wigs at another thrift shop, knowing I could use 'em some day. One wig - pre-crimped - became the mane, the other is the tail.
This is a Gandalf Murphy pony, based on the lead singer of The Slambovians. I used a picture on their base drum to get every detail correct - the blue blazer, the brown vest with black bits and a white button, the yellow flower on the lapel, the purple skull tie, the crooked black hat, the goatee, the gold earrings, the face paint.
During the shows, they celebrate Gandalf's family history of mumming in the UK, so everyone brings their parasols and dances with them. I transformed a cocktail umbrella, painted it, added a curve at the base using spaghetti (!) and dangled seed beads from the edges for a more festive look.

Project Picture:

This is my first  HP post... hope I did it correctly!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 10, 2014 08:34:49 AM »

felicitybaby~ I love your Hufflepuff hat and what a clever way to take a picture of it. Your hooplas are fantastic and I love the earrings.
Naantje~ I really like the zigzag scarf. It will add just a touch of whimsey to outfits. That is an adorable cardigan and a fantastic new years resolution!
Inselaeffchen~ Both sides of your mug rug are wonderfully nerdy! I love it. I also like the colors of your Christmas Baubles.
noodle-bug~ Those hand stamped tags are very cute. I also like how the wrapped presents look. Congratulations on completing your NEWT (I really need to start working on mine again)!  I love how bright the j2o display is. I really like the you decorated. What a great way to organize your space better. I really like your laptop case, I love the way the colors flow and change. THat is a really cute altered card!
Audania1~ What a cute apron. Was it relatively easy to construct? I adore your Fairy Tea Tin shrine. It made me smile. What a lovely tree of life. I love the Hanging Tree hoopla you made, at first I didn't notice that the picture was upside down.
Acadian Driftwood~ Those inchie houses look very cute! Those lemon squares sound like they are to die for. I really like the bubbles on the edge of the frame. I love love love the Red Riding Hood journal! The cover is fantastic. One of my favorite books on book binding is called Making and Keeping Creative Journals, I turn to it a lot for inspiration. Yay! for the OWL progress. I love your paper snowflakes and the circular card ornament.
Nicanjeanie~ What a beautiful wire construction.
coulsenl~ Both your Christmas Cake and Ladybug cookies sound delicious as do the ribs. What a lovely new years resolution, that bookmark is wonderful. I like the idea of your felt grab bag. What a pretty scarf, it looks very warm. I love that you got into crafting to make things for your baby. That is so sweet.
Linakins~ I really like your cookie hair clip and the crochet scarves are beautiful. I want to grab the unicorn badge through my screen but the spell isn't working properly darn it.
BadWolf314~ I really like the wall sayings, they seem like a great way to surround yourself with positive thoughts. Your wavy hat is gorgeous, I love the colors. It looks like you put a lot of work into that ribbon, it looks fantastic!
Moonflame~ Those face pads look wonderful and I like the colors in your basketweave dishcloths. I love the way your hair band turned out. YAY a completed OWL! I really like how it turned out! I like your clipboard, it goes with a great resolution! I baked the jars at the regular temp for sculpey but doubled the time so that the clay would be a little bit harder. I also sanded the clay down a bit once they were out of the oven.
jellybean89~ Congratulations on completing your OWL! I bet that hat is really cute.
ErinAquaheart~ What a lovely hoopla! Those tea sandwiches sound yummy. I really like the two signs you made. I especially like the colors of the Airosa one. I adore your hand warmers, they remind me of Hermes' winged sandals. I love your painting!
WistleFish~ That is a fantastic card! I am impressed that you made thirteen of those. I like the colors on your One little word brainstorms. You also decorated the envelopes? That is beyond amazing. I don't think there is such a thing as a stupid question. I just put the clay on and bake it. I don't think it will come off, all the research I did suggested it wouldn't (though sculpey sometimes cracks over time, so I made the clay harder by doubling the baking time)
Magpirate~ That cucumber looks delicious. I like your sparkly lucky candles. I really like the card design you came up with.
pottermouth~ Those marshmallows look fantastic. I am in love with your ATB!
butterflyangel~ I like how your fingerless gloves turned out. I like your ladybug painting, it is quite lovely. That melted crayon project looks like it was fun.
MamanTattoo~ Thanks for the quidditch information. Those marshmallows look amazing, I love the colors on top. I love your deer sweater. It is very charming. That is an adorable mug! YAY a new quidditch match!
midkiffsjoy~ What a lovely home, you have one lucky rat.
pinkleo~ What an adorable little hat.
netchez~ That hat sure does look cozy.
timatfire~  I love your Snowflake Afghan! Congratulations on finishing your NEWT. I adore that cowl, it looks so warm and cozy. What a lovely bracelet!  Those muffins look delicious!
Mistress Jennie~ Your work continues to amaze me. I love the rainbow bracelet and the plum necklace and earrings set. The heart earrings are amazing as well! What lovely postcards!
TechnicolorAquahearts~ Those gingerbread men look fantastically delicious. What amazing paintings!
Avesthel~ Those ponchos look warm and cozy.
blupaisan~ Welcome to Hogwarts! It looks to me like your post is fantastic. I am fascinated by your transformed MLP.

And for Advanced Studies Friday I haven't gotten a chance to work on my NEWT yet but all in good time.

Also, one of our goats had kids on Tuesday! Three beautiful doelings. We are naming one Nymphadora...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Corn on the Cob Cupcakes Recipe
How to Make a Traditional Pumpkin Pie
How to Make Simple Peanut Butter Cookies
Strawberry-Banana Sherbet Recipe
How to Make Traditional Buttermilk Beignets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...